"transfer aborted: instance not found” in Shadowlands

Slayflame,

We actually did some digging into your issue and as far as we can tell, it looks like the actual problem is your firewall still. We could try disabling the windows firewall, and bypassing any routers you’re running right now if possible.

Can you disable Windows Defender and see if that works? If not, can you bypass any routers that have special firewalls, or lower the overall router firewall security settings? From the feedback we see from your game client one of these should work. Either way can you please let us know if anything changes if you try these fixes?

I have tried 2 different ISPs with 2 different modems. problem is still there and I don’t think 2 modems can all of a sudden face problems.
also disabling firewall didn’t help with the issue.
however using a VPN seems to help with it but it affects gaming experience. It’s surely something from your side and it’s not probable that 2 ISPs got issues at the same time with the release of Shadowlands.

I turned off firewall, turned off windows defender but still have the same issue

Slayflame,

To what extent does the VPN help? Does it completely solve it other than some increased latency, or just make it happen less? Do you get any luck with a VPN as a work around as well Illìdàn?

As for how the issue might affect certain ISPs but not all of them (we have plenty of players who aren’t having this problem at all after all) - ISPs may be using some of the same routers to connect to us, which could be a part of the problem. A DNS issue is another possible explanation that would affect your 2 ISPs, but meanwhile let mine work fine, for instance. There are a lot of possibilities, which is why we’re digging in here and looking at logs for the two of you.

1 Like

Can u looking for my logs too ?, having same problem here since 4 days before shadowlands release, all resolve using vpn but its not the solution cause get lot of latency, played all last bfa season without any issue, i dont think that my isp is the problem

I have the same exact problem. Can you check if this character or perhaps my own connection is to blame for this? Because I am fairly certain it’s something on your end that’s messing up with routing connections.

Thank you for looking in to it, I have tried connecting with a mobile hotspot as well changed ISP, fresh wow and and even a fresh windows 10.
i still get stuck on loading screens related to dungeons and the maw, had hard time leveling too since i got stuck on loading screens.
As for VPNs i tried cisco any connect, openvpn and L2tp once connected i cant login to wow unless i turn off vpn then it gets connected to server (other sites/programs work fine with either of my vpns only wow doesn’t seem to work with any.

1 Like

Just happened again after a couple hours of being fine. Been doing dungeons without issues, tried to queue for pvp, battleground loading screen starts, the bar doesn’t move, then it just drops me back where I was saying ‘transfer aborted: instance not found’. Both those instances were Wintergrasp.

21:45 server time, (about 5 to 10 mins later) got into isle of conquest just fine.

happened again with kotomogu at 03:45, monday december 7th; Arathi Basin at 3:50 worked fine.

Theater of Pain at 4:35 failed to let me enter.

3 Likes

Same problem. All was good, then when i was flying i started falling down again and again. Fixed. Then i went to the raid, everything was good. Then I received this message “Trasfer Aborted: Instance not found” . Did all the stuff in recomendations, didn’t work. Please help me too.

UP! Can’t activate covenant Factory of Necrolords. Activated and nothing happend.

Same Crap Is happening here too over and over

2 Likes

It cannot be router or modem. This is happening for me too. Only when I fly from one zone in shadowlands to another. My brother is on same internet and has never encountered this issue. Please look into more than “it’s you and not us” simply because the error hasn’t hit everyone yet.

Happening to me and at least half a dozen others who I can see repeatedly falling through space with me after maintenance.

1 Like

This is happening to me too. I can’t access the Maw or even some world quests.
Everything was fine until today’s maintenance.

This is also happening to me out of the blue. I’ve been fine for days, and today something is happening to cause Transfer Aborted bugs over and over, including while in the game and doing something like going over flightpaths.

Same here, i have been playing over a vpn all way long since release, with high lags. Cant be our side, cause i have played bfa for months without any issues.

On the topic of this, I’ve done a fresh install, and wiped everything clean, including checking addons and all that. I have no VPN, but the issue is still happening to me even after a fresh install. It happened on my alt aiming to get into the Maw scenario, which has resulted in nothing but a pitch black screen. I force quit, have uninstalled again, and am doing a clean reinstall, but this is becoming ridiculous. Arena losses among other things have happened as a result of Transfer Aborted: Instance Not Found, and there’s no rhyme or reason to it.

1 Like

Flying from Hero’s Rest to Old gate and got this error as soon as I got into revendreth. I fell through the world multiple times, then died. Now I cannot log back in to that character. I can however, log into another character in the same server. When I try to load now after a few restarts, it says World Server is down, but my other characters load fine. Definetly can not be a ISP issue when some characters load up and have no issues.

2 Likes

Same here… i did ALL THAT and more. Wrote a lot of tickets, follow every step and still have the same “instance not found” problem. Also when i try to log in i get this “World Server Down” error depending of the day.

Besides… it’s totally random…After every maintenance it’s get fixed for a while and then… Bum! Again.

It also happens randomly in different zones of the world. Like a week ago… everytime i entered Westfall with ANY player i got an instance not found error, sometimes happens in stormwind, outland… always a different place…then it’s get fixed automatically for a couple of days… and happens again.

Since three days before SL launch it’s been like torture to play.

Same error for me - flying from Oribos to Ardenweald then to Revendreth for first time. Fall through the world and then die during the ride, sometimes at a GY sometimes returned back to Oribos. Just started happening today after all the

1 Like

SAME I JUST STARTED HAPPENING IM HELD HOSTAGE IN Theater of pain it wont let me zone out