Trading post won't get people to play

Trading post is a band aid fix to the obviously mounting issues that are attached to systems of DF.

May I suggest doubling the loot drops, adding bonus roll tokens into the game and other quality of life improvements instead of more 2 cent gimmicks, since players are more likely to stick around for the actual content?

37 Likes

I like it. Better than the BMA for attempting to get something cool and interesting, plus it is free. Then again, I really don’t think there is anything wrong with DF.

24 Likes

Adding a bonus onto the currency with the Trading post release is ringing alarm bells that the expansion isn’t selling very well.

15 Likes

how about bring brutosaur back so people can actually work toward something or buy a couple hundred dollars of tokens , win win for everyone

4 Likes

Reading tea leaves. Scrying the bones. Looking for signs in the viscera of a dead animal.

You just don’t have any real numbers or evidence.

I look forward to the Trading Post.

28 Likes

Why offer players a bonus currency, on the basis that they have to own DF?

It’s too specific to not be the case.

6 Likes

Like what?

1 Like

I’m waiting for the trading post currency to be available in the cash shop.

Edit: because we all know that’s coming eventually :woman_facepalming:

15 Likes

Like the loot system not being to everyone’s liking.

1 Like

The purpose of the trading post isn’t to get people to play. It’s to get them to log in once a month to increase the MAU’s reported on the quarterly report.

15 Likes

So literally every expansion’s issue. Got it.

5 Likes

Says you! I’m gonna play the heck out if this game. Besides there’s going to be trading post missions for dungeon, raid, and pvp content as well I’d be shocked if participation didn’t increase as a result.

5 Likes

If it’s a gateway to FOMO items being put back into the game I don’t mind.

lmao.

3 Likes

i think its a great foundation piece of content but unless they fix end game progression it 100% wont help enough

1 Like

Trading post is another time gate, fomo system they add to the game to keep subs going. they can never rely on actual content to keep a player count.

6 Likes

It’s not a feature to come back to the game over it’s a feature that’s just there if you want to use it.

2 Likes

If the special of the day is the au gratin potatoes with ham, you give people a deal on the au gratin potatoes with ham, because that’s what you just made a ton of in the kitchen.

There is literally no other WoW expansion purchase for Blizzard to incentivize. The base game includes everything up to and including Shadowlands.

I don’t generally like saying this, because it’s a tired shallow phrase, but in this case it’s spot on: it ain’t that deep.

And what if you’re right? What if WoW’s dying?

Will you keep posting on the forums after the game is shuttered?

Like … what’s the point?

3 Likes

Could have bought brutosaur with your stimulus check too if you wanted to go that path

Why didn’t you though

2 Likes

Because I’m a sensible person

2 Likes

Trading Post is an excellent addition to the game. The team is capable of adding content like that while also making QoL changes you’re suggesting.