Trader Tender is NOT coming to the Cash Shop

Damn, was hoping to buy 75,000 tenders.

I don’t want to say that I told you so but…I told you so.

What on earth are you rambling about?

If you knew anything about these kinds of transactions you’d know the number’s made no sense as independent purchases and were just for like throwing in as a bonus with bundles and what not.

1 Like

… Blizzard isn’t a “victim” here as you have so claimed, they are a company and companies look towards making profit - if you have issues with this, leave capitalistic socities and become a hermit out in the woods

So what’s the realistic outrage here?
They added icons that were clearly meant to be bundles to some extent, not part of the store (it was entirely possible that some could’ve been sold in the store but not all varients of it)

So instead of making a rational statement you go with a “BUT THEY WERE GOING TO SELL 16 PREORDER BUNDLES!!!” … thanks for proving why GD is stupid and why this outrage was just more frabricated nonsense
There was and is a conversation one can have about purchaseable tenders, including with the statements given and everything, but stuff like this just nukes it all into the ground with folks being purposefully stupid all just so one can act like a conspiracy nutter because “but my fake outrage, I want to be oppressed!!!”

Seriously, touch some grass

1 Like

You underestimate the power of greed.

If they won’t put tender on the shop now, they’ll do it later.

Same crowd believes that giving a $50 donation for a knife set is a selfless act of charity and not a $50 purchase.

1 Like

“No current plans” - kinda like they had “no current plans to allow paid race changes” - ie if you believe or trust them you’re crazy.

It’s just weasel words to allow them to slowly introduce it, and before you know it they’ll suddenly “have current plans” to allow it.

2 Likes

No I’m talkiong about the tenders coming to the shop .

If an item that can be bought for tenders goes to the shop then I’m not going to buy it . I won’t even but tenders if they go in to it.

Exactly.
“No current plans” just means, “not right at this moment”, they could easily have a meeting today deciding to put them in the shop and it would fly because “our now current plan is to put them in the shop at next reset”.

It’s all in the wording, Ion may not know fun but he knows wordplay, I’ll give him that.

2 Likes

Skill issue.

wut?

where in the article is there anything other than speculation?

this isn’t wowheads fault, it’s the fault of the conspiracy crew who need to create drama at every given opportunity.

if they were being added to the shop, it’s highly unlikely that they’d have 17 different options.

there would be 2 or 3 max.

1 Like

The speculation is what started the problem.

These assets look a lot like images you might find in the Battle.net shop. Is Blizzard allowing people to buy Trader’s Tender soon?

Shutting down Wowhead is nonsensical, but they knew speculation like this would cause an uproar. It’s what Wowhead does best.

it’s what they do.
they datamine stuff, and ask what people think about it.
plenty of people thought they were just regular in-game icons.

The conspiracy crew are just louder, and it’s simply not possible to reason with someone who believes they’re correct.
You can hand them a mountain of factual information on a silver platter, and they’ll continue to disagree until they’re blue in the face.
As you can see, they’re still at it.

eg: stuff akin to… “uhuh, well just because it didn’t happen THIS WEEK, doesn’t mean it won’t happen next week”.

It’s simply not possible to say “oops, we were wrong, oh well, moving along…”

But there are ways to write an article where you speculate and still give perspective, instead of just “IS BLIZZ DOING THIS?!” like a tabloid.

It’s a long standing pattern to get people riled up.

Oh you’re not wrong. I just don’t like how Wowhead writes.

Yes it is. If wowhead hadn’t data mined those icons, none of this drama would have occurred. Wowhead was also responsible for planting the idea in the head of the reader with their conjecture.

Lmao, look at the very link in your own post. Look at its title. Its very clearly bait.

their writing is fine.

it’s how news sites work.

they WANT to drum up discussion.

but… people need to stop being so easily led.

we see exactly the same thing with streamers.
“omg streamer x said a thing!”
People hang off their every word, when the only goal is to get people talking about their content, so they’ll get more views, and increase their revenue.

it’s amazing how many people here can’t tell the difference between “organizational goals and methodology change over the course of years and decades” and “THEY LIED”

2 Likes

the drama was happening PRIOR to wowhead datamining the icons.

the drama happens every time wowhead datamines anything.

how long should it take for people to take a hint, and just “wait and see”?

1 Like

I’m not aware of the drama occuring prior to wowhead’s article. Can you link a source to that?

As you said yourself, the moment wowhead datamines something, they post a rage bait article to get ad click revenue and boom. GD and youtube get flooded with resultant conspiracy theories.

Posit: If wowhead was taken offline tomorrow and there was therefore no easy mass access to datamined wow assets, where would the source of new drama come from? I’m sure there must be at least 1 website out there that could do it. But its reach and mass appeal would be a fraction of wowhead’s.

Considering the number of times Blizzard has done 180 degree flip flops, them saying they won’t put them in the cash shop means nothing to me.

Yes, I am a bit cynical when it comes to Blizzard saying things given their history of playing ‘corrupt a wish’.

:cookie:

4 Likes