Trade skills!

If you can only play one character what trade skills will you select, and why would you select these skills?

Herring and alchemy. Relevant for the whole part of the game.

People will always need pots.

Alchemy and engineering

-Sinclaire -Torch-

Tailoring / Enchanting.

Tailoring and enchanting worked pretty well for me the first time.

Minning and Engineering to supply me with those sweet pvp toys.

Engineering and I don’t care.

2 Likes

I like being able to make my own potions, so I’d go Herbalism/Alchemy.

Which is what I plan to go on my first character.

I have a question about trade skills, I can not remember. I know you have to lvl 5 to learn Skills. But what is the highest you can level,lets say tailoring on a lvl 5 toon in vanilla?

Herbalism/Skinning since i will be always on the go and don’t feel like Mining/Engineering. If i can pick it up and Vendor/Trade/AH it i can keep moving.

Aromatherapy and basketweaving.

Otherwise tailoring/enchanting has always been a good combo.

If I only play my hunter; herb/alchemy
If i only play my warrior: mining/blacksmithing
All about dat RP yo. Even if I dont actually interact with anyone my characters still have a story to tell.

1 Like

First character is planned as an orc warlock, whose main goal will be doing every possible quest.

Odds are I’ll go with a combination like tailoring and enchanting. Tailoring for the various nice gear options as well as bags. Enchanting because even basic stuff can help out, I’d make my own first couple wands, and since I don’t need more than the spell price for the level 40 mount I’m not losing a lot by DEing any useless quest rewards.

1 Like

I believe it’s skill level 75. You can learn up to 150 once you hit level 20. The only exception I found (and it was on a pserver) was tailoring. You could go to TM and just pay gold to the trainer to learn 150 before level 20.
I don’t remember if it was that way in Vanilla or not, that’s why I note that it was on a pserver.

Level 5 for apprentice (cap of 75)
Level 10 for rank 2 (cap of 150)
Level 20 for rank 3 (cap 225)
Level 35 rank 4 (cap 300)

1 Like

This sounds correct. I quit playing when MoP was announced, so it’s been awhile! My memory is a bit shoddy on the subject.

1 Like

If I am not mistaken, originally there was no level requirement when leveling professions.

This led to numerous bank alts having high levels in professions, particularly enchanting. Send all those green BOE’s to your bank alt to DE them.

I do not remember when the level requirements were added.

We’ll just have to wait and see how they handle professions and level requirements.

I did that on my priest initially, think it was level 10 for a while and DE’d everything!

If I remember correctly, originally you could DE anything with enchanting at level 1.

That was also changed. It seems that enchanted got their panties in a bunch because they could not control the market. It did not sit well with them that Johnny didn’t have to pay them to DE his stuff and he could gather his own mats, either.

It may be the addition of enchanting level requirements in order to DE an item that I am remembering.

It’s a case of OMG FUN DETECTED!!! NERF! NERF! NERF! NERF! NERF! NERF!

1 Like