Toxic Behavior in Dungeons

I recently returned to the game to play through it with a family member. We qued for random dungeon and got Wailing Caverns.
The dungeon started fine we chatted by time we got to the collect Npc the tank did not understand where he was going.

And the healer in the group made a comment about please return to the beganing to get the Npc to enter the boss chamber.
The tank started going off saying he reported all of us for botting and his clan was going to report us all. We were all confused thinking what is wrong with him.

I messaged him dude are you ok were not bots man. The healer only made a comment about how the tank was lost and teleported back to the beganing of the dungeon to get the npc.
Im in skype with my family member and was chatting back and forth with the healer in private chat.

Im used to a toxic player here and their but i had never seen anything like this. After i message the guy asking if he was ok he began personal attacks that were very explcit and rude. I politly told him that i was recording our conversation.

This is the first player in any game that i have felt i needed to record the conversation incase i need to oneday get a attorney against them.

I usually have a thick skin and understand trolls exist, This was way beyond acceptable. I did report our conversation and the rest in the dungeon reported him.

Is this a common occurence now ingame or did we just run into a really bad person? Whats with him saying about group clan reporting and personal attacks?

Wasnt really sure if i should put this on here or write a message to the company about this occurence.

5 Likes

In before everyone says “oh but other games are worse”

4 Likes

Anonymousity? Sp? Makes everyone think they are immune to the consequences of being bassheads. Send your recordings in a report of the player, put them on ignore and carry on. That guy is NOT the majority of players. You just hit the basshead lottery.

You can just ignore the threats he made unless you also replied in equal language. Most you can get is a day silence for bad language though.

1 Like

The company knows the playerbase sucks. They’ve had to deal with us for 15 years lol

If you reported him there’s nothing else to be done. Maybe put him on your ignore list just in case but that won’t go far anyway.

I have to ask what could make you possibly think youd need to record a guy typing mean words as evidence of any crime youd go to court for. If he was making death threats or something of the like, report that. Blizzard can pull up the chat logs

8 Likes

My personal experience tells me that you just got an exceptionally bad person.

For the most part my random dungeon experiences are neutral, sometimes positive, and not very often negative.

3 Likes

There isn’t even a small chance that you’ll be needing an attorney for this. lol

11 Likes

OP just got mad someone would call him/her names and cried. That’s it.

3 Likes

bUt lEaGuE oF lEgEnDs aNd dOtA aRe mOrE tOxIc!!!

4 Likes

This exactly. When someone is acting like that just put them on /ignore or, if it’s bad enough, just report them. You’re not going to magically bring someone like this around. They’re either intentionally faking not understanding to troll or they’re actually unbalanced and nothing you say is going to reach them anyhow.

I was in a group finder dungeon one time with four other players who were all from the same guild. I zoned in and immediately one of the members of the group started making a string of really lewd and raunchy sexual jokes/advances at me. I reported him and /ignored him. He figured out he was on /ignore and the next guy started it up, so I did the same with that guy. By the end of the dungeon, they were all reported and on /ignore and may or may not have still been going on in chat… But I wouldn’t know because I was having a very quiet and peaceful time finishing my dungeon, not having to listen to them. :slight_smile:

Not sure why some people think this is “funny”, but they do. However the bonus is if you have someone on /ignore, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere the game will NOT group you with them again. (But a Blue would have to confirm this.)

1 Like

An attorney? That’s a bit much, don’t you think? The guy was a schmuck, sadly they aren’t a rarity.

4 Likes

While we can all agree its a bit much who knows. If it was death threats then technically the person can be charged for assault and even sued for trauma. While I can agree its a bit much maybe its about time someone actually followed threw on it then when it happens enough people might actually have to stop and think before they talk

I’ll take “Things that never happened” for 500, Alex.

1 Like

It does suck when people are jerks but … recording what they have to say “just in case” kind of makes one wonder if we’re not getting the whole story here.

Also “my entire clan will get ya!”

Color me distrustful that this message is genuine. I hate to be that way but … something sounds off about the post.

2 Likes

True, I suppose I have become desensitized to them over the years. I wish I had a dime for everyone who has threatened me w/ bodily harm or worse.

I could spend my days putting them in rolls.

:smiley:

2 Likes

More common on my end that when i started 3 years ago…and precisely why I stopped tanking and healing for the toads.

had a joker tank a while back who passed a REQUIRED boss and after he passed it and pulled half the rest of the dungeon that boss and everything else came running up behind us and …guess what happened, lol.
We run back from the start and this IDIOT does the EXACT same thing…ran past that same boss at which point me and one other player told me we HAVE to clear that room before moving on past it…and again it came running out after us and this time three deaths.
Lol…this foul mouthed stain started foaming at us like a rabid dog and I got kicked for daring to tell his tank he’s an idiot and needs to learn to play the game right.

Bad players and trolls are part of this game. you just have to deal with it when it happens…or do like I do and just dont waste your time in group content anymore

people is mean on the internet…

happens… you will get used to it and at some point have fun with it.

1 Like

I don’t go into dungeons expecting friendly people.

I hate to say this, but assuming everyone else is your enemy and you’re just there to pull your load until one of them breaks the silence saves you a lot of trouble.

1 Like

Toxic behavior in dungeons will never stop, it will always be a problem. It’s taught in our schools, colleges are the worst. If you don’t think I’m right just take a look at the streets of major cities. They are will past what the original protests were about, now is about destruction.

It’s my understanding that Blizzard holds records of conversations for 3 months, you have the right to put people on ignore, personally I’d only bother reporting if they resort to real life threats or something extreme.

You could have just ignored him and be done with it, don’t just be another Karen causing trouble for no reason, it’s one thing to stick up for yourself it’s quite another to go out making trouble.

2 Likes