Toxic Attitudes to BM Players

So due to how the spec is simming with all the logs the community thinks BM is a dead spec. Playing this spec now due to how blizzard hasn’t bothered to look at the spec has become very toxic. Trying to get into pugs or doing any Mythic plus gets me kicked because I am BM. Is this your intention Blizzard to humiliate us that enjoy the spec and not get taken into content because of what we enjoy to play? All the specs strength came from player power Heart of Azeroth and the Azerite traits. You nerf us in prepatch knowing these powers were about to be lost. The legendaries for our spec are also beyond under powered. Why is cobra shot our number one damaging ability?? Something you use to gain resource not any of our spenders do damage. It’s really poor judgement Blizzard to let these kind of toxic attitudes toward BM hunter continue because the spec was completely ignored. The solution is not switch to MM. Do not force people to play things they do not want. I do not want MM nerfed either. I would like to be competitive in all forms of content not be ridiculed for something I enjoy playing. Sad that you are ok with part of your player base feeling like nothing and constantly getting kicked out of groups for playing something they enjoy that needs obvious tunning. Please do something.

22 Likes

That blows you are having this problem. Keep getting to max level. Now i am MM and never really played bm ever, but from my experiance bm does nicely in pvp with your pets. I have been ruined by a lot of bm in bgs.

1 Like

It is.

No one is forcing you to do anything.

I legitimately don’t understand these types of posts. If you’re deliberately gimping yourself by playing an underpowered spec, it’s not blizzard’s fault. It’s not like BM is utter trash, it’s just significantly worse than MM.

Press Cobra Shot less and everything else more.

There’s almost nothing Blizzard can do to prevent people from being toxic. They can’t just ban people for not being nice.

Cobra Shot is the number one damaging ability because Kill Command is undertuned (and it doesn’t scale with weapon damage). KC is still a bit stronger, but it has a cooldown, so it gets fewer casts and less overall damage. Cobra Shot also got buffed so that Arcane Shot wasn’t useful (worst unpruning ever).

And lastly, there’s always going to be one weaker spec and one stronger spec. BM is weak right now, MM is strong right now. There’s nothing special about it.

2 Likes

The point is Blizzard needs to balance all specs so everyone can be competitive. No one should have to change specs. Maybe for your it’s not an issue but for people like me that enjoy BM why do we have to suffer through this when a simple tune can fix all these issues

14 Likes

This is a completely ridiculous expectation. This game has never had perfectly balanced specs and it never will.

You don’t “have to.” But just like frost mages, frost DKs, and assassination rogues, you’re doing yourself and your guildies/pugs a disservice by stubbornly refusing to play the stronger spec.

3 Likes

So it’s ridiculous to expect game creators to make there game balanced? No I don’t think so if they wanted to make it balanced they would.

11 Likes

I have not seen any single toxic attitude towards a BM player so far.

It undeniable that they’re not performing at top DPS charts right now - and it is undeniable too that they have several advantages over MM besides that.

Still I’m seeing several BM performing pretty well and above several other classes too.

I can’t agree to this post, but I hope you could solve this soon.

Besides that, pick ANY RPG and tell me in which of them you can find all the classes balanced?
It is something normal on this kind of games

2 Likes

They could, they’d have to police their game. Wow is known to be a cesspit of toxicity on par with League of legends. Devs do nothing about it. Go to a game like XIV where the devs take a stand against toxicity and see how much more friendly and helpful the community is.

Also unpruning of abilities doesn’t precisely mean you have to use all those abilities.

Prot warriors, for instance, now have whirlwind and don’t precisely need it. It can been seen as a flavour thing.

Anyway arcane shot is a magical damage ability and can come in handy in situations where fisical isn’t so effective (I don’t really remember if cobra shot is magical of fisical anyway)

this ain’t vanilla / classic time for blizz to catch up to 2021 start balancing specs. It’s a fantasy game where people can’t play what they want if it not fotm.

P.S. if a prot warrior isn’t using ww in aoe pull good luck holding aggro.

Wrong. There is no situation where Arcane Shot is more effective than Cobra Shot.

Cobra Shot is physical, but they literally buffed it to the point where it overpowers Arcane Shot even against enemies with tons of armor. Also Arcane Shot got nerfed and costs more focus.

There’s no point in an ability existing if you never want to use it.

3 Likes

Heya! I would say: "good luck playing a Prot warrior if you can’t hold aggro with Revenge, Thunder Clap, Taunt, Intervene, heroic leap and Shockwave.

Specially since Revenge is way better than WW. "

Ok! Accept it! I don’t main BM so, don’t really know the tradebacks of both abilities.

Still, the abilities exist because, in despite of your specialization, you are a hunter, a warrior, a warlock, etc. So there are plenty of abilities shared. That’s flavour. If you want to use them or not , is your choice.

2 Likes

I mean, there is but it’s so super niche is may as well not even matter. That one situation is when paladins use blessing of protection, the bubble that protects them from all physical damage. Literally the only time arcane is more useful afaik than cobra shot from BM.

I mean, they could balance better but than they’d have less time for all these systems they’re going to throw away at the end of the xpac.

How exactly? Tell people they can’t remove people from groups for not being the “right” spec. That just evolves into asking people what spec they are before they join groups. And when that becomes banned, people just start checking armories.

Regardless, Blizz shouldn’t get involved in telling players who they can and can’t play with as far as spec goes. That’s a level of micromanagement that is just going to make players not want to play together.

Now I get it, if someone is doing/saying something legitimately bad/against the tos, action should be taken, but “Sorry you’re the wrong spec” should warrant no more than a shrug and finding a new group that doesn’t care as much about the meta as a lot of the try hards.

No its never been perfectly balanced, but its not typicaly got a 25% gap between top and bottom. A 5% gap is something that raw skill can compete with… however as it sits when a BM hunter does a 98% parse and loses to another class/spec pulling 75% that means blizzard not only screwed the pooch they also ran into traffic.

10 Likes

Why can’t blizzard just buff Kill Command. A focus dump with a cool down that does about as much as any of our other abilities feels god awful. BM could be ‘better’ if we got a buff to Kill Command. (PvP also)

5 Likes

From my experience trying to do mythic 14s and up as soon as I enter the group and they see I’m not a MM hunter I get kicked. If I try to pug raids same issue. This is the toxicity toward the spec I’m experiencing and is just not right due to Blizzard completely ignoring BM for tuning.

2 Likes

It is hard not to consider their perspective. Why invite a BM when MM is performing so well. Then you get into the nuts and bolts, people say it takes about 10 ilevels for a BM to outdo a MM, but look at the gear available, given 98% of the raid gear is stacked for MM its even more likely that MM is going to outdo a BM.

I found hiding my pets, and banking on people not inspecting, and starting my own groups is the only way to “handle” it.

It is what it is.

So where were you in 8.3? When BM was so brokenly OP that being MM was basically a lost cause?

4 Likes