Totally unsatisified with my situation. leaving game

Hello, I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this comment or not. Your contact us section on the website was not very helpful. I have cancelled my subscription for the game and wish you all to know why. I had an issue with 1 character on my account my alliance DK. I was unable to use the instance finder at all…no matter what was done, no matter what I did per instructions from tech support. After going back and forth for almost 1 month, including renaming files, repairing the game and doing a full and complete uninstall and reload, my final answer from tech support was as follows: {paraphrased of course}
You are now level 111 and the instance finder is not something you can use till level 120…so you will have to ride/walk or fly to all the locations that you need to go to, to complete your DK story line in the broken isles.
I do not have the ability to fly in broken isles…I do not have the time and energy to grind for months and months building rep with all needed factions to gain that feature. I have a life outside of WoW and if I spent all the needed time to gain that ability, my wife would never see me. And she would be very upset. I am very disappointed with techs response to my issue and their solution. The only this I have done since that final response had been allowing the game to update patches and nothing else. Add in general frustration at not being able to play any of the new races because I don’t have enough rep with all the needed factions (see above on that) only increases by frustration. Having said all this, I don’t know if this will even be read by anyone. I expect nothing to come from it and I’m expecting no messages of any kind about it. If I get anything I will be surprised! I just wanted you (Blizzard) to know why I’m quitting the game for the foreseeable future.

okay?

Just so you are aware, the people that collect this kind of feedback, don’t come to the support forums for such. You’d have better luck posting in General Discussion, but you might not like what the peanut gallery there has to say.

5 Likes

So your mad that you out lvled the current content and was told that you would have to, manualy either a go to the dungeon individualy or use your ground mounts to get around to complete quests and story.
You are aware that you will have to do that in BFA and its been known for a long time that it will be a grind to get flying and allied races.

2 Likes

That’s the way the game works sorry to say, when you out level content then it no longer becomes available to do via group finder, you don’t have to grind flying, you can just use the flight paths and run to the dungeon entrance. At 111 you will likely need to use the LFM tool to find a group to help you clear the content unless you can solo it, or just level to 120 and solo mode it easy. Its really nothing worth quitting the game over. Flight is a perk, not a necessity.

2 Likes

Keep an eye out for the release of 8.2.5. The new feature - Party Sync - would allow you to party with someone 100-110 and use the LFD/LFR system to do Legion dungeons and raids.

4 Likes

you don’t need it.
there are flight paths located near all the dungeons.

5 Likes

Neither did anyone else the first time they did that content. I don’t love the pathfinder system either but it’s not new. And I don’t even think it’s the biggest part of your problem here. Not having flying is going to make maybe 5-10 minutes difference per dungeon and I don’t think you have to do all that many for the class quests, do you? I mean we might be talking an hour or two more total, not months to get pathfinder.

The dungeon finder also has always worked this way. If there’s stuff you want to do that requires dungeons, then either you have to do it at the correct level for dungeon finder, or you have to actually walk in the dungeon entrance, either solo or with other people. As Rufflebottom mentioned, there’s a feature coming that will make this all a little easier, but if I’m reading it right you’ll still have to find a group yourself once you out level the content (if you don’t want to wait until you can solo it).

I get that it’s super frustrating if there was a technical problem keeping you from using the group finder. Unfortunately there’s not a lot else GMs could do once you hit 111. And a lot of the good stuff in MMORPGs requires some time investment.
The hyperbole isn’t going to convince anyone, though. You’re exaggerating when you say now your only choice is to spend months and months playing for so many hours you will never see your family, when it doesn’t take that long to get pathfinder and it’s not even necessary to do what you want.

If you want Blizzard to see your feedback, either use the feedback tool in game or post in the appropriate forum (which isn’t here; probably General Discussion), but my advice is to keep it simple and leave out the hyperbole. You had a technical problem they apparently couldn’t fix, you don’t like pathfinder, and you (it seems, maybe I’m misreading) don’t want to put in as much time as the game requires for some things. Those are legitimate reasons to quit playing and legitimate feedback to give (even though of course not everyone will agree with you on all these points).

4 Likes