Torghast:Mort'Regar:Watchers of Death

Spent an hour casually clearing Layer 1 of Torghast solo (which I believe players are supposed to be able to do). I get to the end boss of Floor 6 (Watchers of Death) and he is basically fully healing himself every 6 seconds or so via “Steal Vitality” because one player can’t possibly interrupt that many casts. Meanwhile his stacks build up and the fight is unbeatable. Needs to be fixed. Make him heal less each time or slow down the cast. It may work fine and be viable for a 3-5 player party but you certainly can’t solo it.

18 Likes

Same! I’m stuck in this exact situation. Layer 1 was a cake walk but the boss is impossible to solo. Not happy about the time waste.

3 Likes

Even with 3-5 in there, you would have to have Mad crazy dps to kill it. All of them should be ez to run solo, being you mostly do it for the ash and can only put One crafted on at a time… Blizzard, we pay to just play this game. Do Better!

2 Likes

I was doing layer 4 solo with 85% health buff, which now seems ridiculous to get since Blizz is just going to have the mobs do % damage.

I did 1,000,000 damage to Watchers of Death over 7 minutes with 23 interrupts, leaving the boss at nearly full health. Considering this was reported 25 days ago and hasn’t been addressed, it tells me I need to stop running Torghast. Spend an hour+ grinding for a hope that I get an end boss that is killable? It’s a joke.

Same with me. I have absolutely no idea how to beat that boss.

1 Like

Here to add my woes, 177 bear casually walking through a layer 6 Mort’regar getting several anima powers, with a lot focusing on more health, just to get to a boss that I could do literally do nothing different to defeat. With a single 15 second cool down interrupt and stun not talented I was screwed. The lowest I could get this boss was 72% which was restored within 2 Steal Vitality casts, I interrupted one just to get feared then he cast it again.

This is clearly broken for at least some specs and that is complete BS.

2 Likes

Quite possibly the most absolutely garbage boss yet. Nice job Blizzard, that’s some smart mechanics. Clearly we all have the ability to out-dps that on every class with the Steal Vitality casts getting thrown out every 5 seconds.

Yeah, so I just spent half an hour getting here and there is no way I can solo this guy when he fully heals every 6 seconds. Cool. I’ve been putting off running this thing since launch and now I’m never going back.

3 Likes

188 bear druid and yeah, i kept getting him down to like 15% hp then he would fear me into his insta-death things that drop from the air. That or I would keep trying to kill him just for him to heal 20% of his hp everytime he steals vitality which I could only interupt every 15 seconds but he casts it every 3 seconds. It’s so broken. There’s no way you can solo this. What a waste of time.

I had the misfortune of rolling this boss on Level 1 Floor 12 of Twisting Corridors solo. Something that should be perfectly reasonable to do. All prior floors were not a problem and I focused on building strong damage along the way clearing every floor.

This boss is complete garbage and an absolute waste of time if you’re solo. The vitality steal mechanic is broken and combined with fears and stacks you will not defeat this boss and will have wasted a significant amount of time now that it’s in Twisting Corridors. It won’t matter how else you play all the other levels. If you roll this boss, you’re done. GG

I agree the amount of cast he does on this is virtually impossible but then again who knows anything but the devs right ?>

It’s June of 2022, and layer 1 level 6 Watchers of Death, still the same story. I cannot solo, no one wants to group. What a nightmare.