Torghast soft timer removed?

This is great of them! I hope that after some amount of time, they will make Torghast runs cheaper. I think that it would probably get tiring to farm for Torghast all xpac.

What torment do you see that is still a soft timer?

Previously they stacked. Now they dont.

How is it a timer? Its a flat debuff amount for the duration of being on the floor.

The hp ticking one or the one that spawns adds on you as long as you arent in combat.

2 Likes

Well see… I guess they just made torments a flat one… not ramping with time you spend on the floor, feels fine to me. I just hope it’s not more of the annoying mechanics they like to do.

Good. It was a waste of development. And not because it was a “soft” timer. It was just a stupid mechanic regardless that defeated the point of the rest of Torghast.

They would have gotten it wrong, they would have wasted time on it. This is good, I hope Blizzard does this for more systems in the future.

1 Like

LOL. Testers had stopped playing.

But you, of course, only play videogames for the noblest of reasons, and you purposely avoid all content that gives rewards lest you be tainted by said neediness.

A scapegoat exactly. Learn some self-control yourself. Maybe step back and ask yourself why you need to blame people who play a videogame only slightly different than you do. Does it ruin your fun having to play the game with people who enjoy the rewards they have earned?

You’ve collected quite a few things yourself…

2 Likes

I dont care for the record, but people feel its a timer cause their character is being affected so they cant be truly afk or something.

They all are. Torments were the soft timers. You don’t get them unless you are taking time in there.

Never expected Hello Kitty adventures. But I can from Everquest. So in the bowels of a long dungeon crawl I had at least 3-10 that I could afk and get some emergencies tackled before things re-spawned and killed me.

Every 30 seconds while not in combat is ridiculous!

What are you on about, who am I blaming, it’s not rocket science that even if the bonus loot info is outdated, it would of created an issue for people to feel like they are forced to speed run to get that extra thing.

Daft be daft I guess.

And if you read the link.

Torments do not stack and get worse the longer you are on a floor now. You enter a floor, you get a flat debuff. Say Mobs have 5% more health. That doesn’t change the longer you stay on the floor. AFK for 2 hours? Guess what. Nothing changes. Mobs have 5% more health.

Torments only stack as you go up in floors now.

3 Likes

Why is it that there are people who believe that “everybody but me is afk at all times but they are demanding the best of everything for doing nothing”?

1 Like

Yes I read the link but the blue post is clearer. It is just totally bizarre that they are giving a debuff when all that can be done behind the scenes if there is no trigger.

1 Like

Sorry didn’t know it had updated.

I know, but people were still complaining about them being a timer they needed to worry about. I just wish people would stop, read and think before complaining, as sometimes that complaint might make a “cure is worse then the disease” situation. Now there might not be a reward for going faster, but there will be those that complain that they don’t get rewards others are unable to, so that is why, if they put in rewards based on speed, I say they should be only cosmetic in nature.

What? wrong quote? im just saying what others have said here about not liking specific torments cause they feel they cant afk cause they could die, im gonna speedrun this stuff so dont put me on the “i wanna afk” group XD

there isn’t really a debuff rather than just an enemy buff though.

It doesn’t matter, it is just bizarre. The mobs were already having more health as the floors increased and putting out more damage.

It is like a make work project - see what we did.

I don’t really even know where to begin with you. It’s still apples and oranges to compare HoF/CE/AoTC and putting timers into the actual content where every time you do it there is a literal timer attached to it. Personally I also don’t have a problem with pseudo timers that fluctuate based on player choices they make, much like how HV works in that good play can reward you with stretching out your timer and bad play can result in shortening it. But you know what? Regardless of how bad or good I play I still get my weekly 470 for my 5 mask run.

And honestly if Blizzard wants to put in non-power progression orientated rewards behind any sort of timed content I really don’t care. What I don’t like is creating a lot of content that emphasizes speed as the metric to determine your rewards and impact on my power progression. I may actually end up blizting through it regardless, but I don’t need Blizzard dictating my power progression rewards based on my completion time.

2 Likes