Torghast power rng is bad

Last several runs of torghast have been the low points of my week. Talking to others, it really seems like I’ve just been very unlucky with my selection of powers which makes the scenario extremely tedious and unfun.

I play warlock so most of the good powers revolve around our pets. Overall the single best power(s) are pet health/damage powers. There is one epic pet health/damage power especially that is extremely good. If you get this as your first selection, the run very quickly becomes trivial. Additionally, the best burst throughput powers are your main cds summoning an extra demon (extra darkglare, infernal, or tyrant). There is also the power that extends your main cds duration at a cost of a soul remnant.

There are also a few other powers that are very good. These mainly include extra damage on your aoe spender (seed, rain of fire, implosion). We do not have many good utility / cc centric powers. In general the build we aim for makes us very strong and tanky so we can brought force our way through the run (unsure of how other classes fair in this regard, I’m assuming its similar)

Needless to say, the reason why I am creating this thread is because I do not seem to get these powers. My latest run as demo, I received 0 pet health or character health powers. My felguard was dying in ~10 seconds to a single non-elite caster. Elite mobs could kill my felguard in a few melee swings. This resulted in myself having to spam health funnel (heals our pet at cost of our own health) on almost every pull. This also means I can’t do any damage. The end result is having to wait for cds for most pulls. Even then, I would rarely be able to defeat a pack normally; I would blow all cds and cc’s to take things down to ~30/40% then have to kite and attempt to resummon my pet (5 second pet summon btw). I was also unable to complete the final boss in one go. Obviously, this doesn’t really matter anymore as the final boss will not reset to 100% hp.

I think you get the point. This is a long winded example of my own issues that reconfirm the main criticism that torghast has received since launch: its difficulty in rng and tedious, and there is often an inflection point tied to powers that quickly turns the run from very difficulty to trivial. I’m hoping the tower research helps ameliorate this issue over time but I’m skeptical.

My main point is that torghast should just be easier. Tune down the damage on most mobs, melees and casts hit way to hard. Let us have guaranteed powers. I do not want to to a run if I have no pet health/damage powers. There is no alternative to these powers, they’re just the best. Let us have access to more powers quickly, I do not want to wait until late floor 4 to finally feel like I can progress through at an acceptable pace. Please just do something to this system, it is truly unfun in its current state

TLDR: Torghast is too hard without correct powers.

1 Like