Torghast Leveling

Why is Blizzard even doing this if the experience gain is going to be sub par?

Currently, on PTR, this is the current experience balancing:

• Defeating enemies rewards a flat 30 experience per enemy, regardless if it is a Maw Rat or Elite enemy

• Completing events rewards 1% experience

• Defeating the Floor 5 Boss rewards 10% experience

All these experience rewards are increased by rested experience and the experience is shared if in a party. As you level up closer to 60, the values reduce to the point of defeating the floor 5 Boss only rewarding 5% experience at level 59. Other experience gains scale similarly.

The daily quest required 2 wings to be completed… This only rewards XP and Soul Ash but no gear.

With the current values present on the PTR, Torghast leveling is a hard sell. The experience values for everything related to it are really not that enticing, requiring ludicrous clearing speeds to be able to match other leveling methods like doing the Campaign or other Threads of Fate quests.

10 Likes

Do it or don’t

People asked for torghast leveling they got it

Made the bed? Lie in it

2 Likes

I won’t be as it is shown to be a waste of time of your time.

People wanted something on par with other systems already in game.

I won’t lie in Blizzards bed.

4 Likes

Because they are trolls who want to find the most “ingenious” ways to make fun of the players by feeding them with S–T while they tell them that is chocolate ice cream. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

That’s nice, then level with the regular campaign

Problem solved

It obviously was meant to balance yourself between threads of fate and that

One day you’ll level in torghast the next day some more world quests via threads of fate

People fail to see this

3 Likes

It isn’t a balance. It is a deficit. You get less experience then any other activity!

3 Likes

It is a balance

You do some threads of fate world quests here and there, go do torghast

By the time you hit level 60 you’ll have close to renown 15 and a head start in soul Ash

I do not see the problem of this

1 Like

No way, you will get 40 renown with the alt catch up thing and you can send Soul Ash more efficiently from an alt already 60. The only real benefit here would be the leveling experience and that has been proven to be sub par.

3 Likes

What if you don’t have a real main? That isn’t renown 80?

It obviously elimates doing the work on your first level 60 and just jump ahead of leveling at gearing the alt

Do it or don’t, pointless to complain about it when they gave you the feature to run torghast while leveling

1 Like

You can’t do threads of fate then and can’t do torghast.

It doesn’t provide any benefit the point of this thread.

3 Likes

They are adding it so you can earn some legendary currency while you level, I doubt they ever intended for it it become a replacement leveling path.

I thought you had to be level 60 on Live to go into Torghast. So if I’m already Max Level … What good is it to gain Experience?

You will get this currency much faster on a geared alt already 60. Why suffer on a leveling alt to get less currency with no real experience gains?

1 Like

After patch your alts can go in for leveling if you have threads of fate open.

2 Likes

For the same reason people “suffer” with leveling in BGs? Because they want to take a break from the normal leveling path they did on their other 10+ alts?

Sounds about like the rate of world quest leveling. lul

?

I did threads of fate recently and my hunter or my paladin isn’t renown 80

Stop making up false claims

Your OP doesn’t, me explaining you’re supposed to balance between world quests and torghast does

It is actually worse as shown by wowhead.

1 Like

I am not talking about renown 80 because that isn’t required for torghast. You made that up.

I haven’t made any false claims.

1 Like

What if someone is just coming back from 9.0/9.1 vacation when 9.1.5 goes live?

What if they decide to switch characters and their previous main doesn’t have enough soul Ash to give out?

This new method eliminates whatever burden they have to do first on their previous mains