Torghast level with Swirling Winds effect - always falling to my death

Within the Towers of Torghast dungeon, there are times (usually on a level 3) where you get a level that gives you a spiraling, upward ascent with big chains going off to the sides. You have the Swirling Winds effect, which makes you run 75% faster. This is nice, except when you hustle over the chains and look for lost souls or whatnot, and then you try to walk back across the chains. Without fail, the design of the chains pushes you off and to your death.

Now, if you have the Door of Shadows or Blink abilities, or anything that can teleport you past that first link in the chain, you’ll be fine. But this seems like a design flaw/bug to me. Without the Swirling Winds effect, it’s easier to navigate the chains without risk of falling, but with it, you just move too quickly I guess, and the chain link slides you off like so much wet snot.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or not, but I wanted to throw it out there just in case if it’s something that Blizzard might be interested in looking into.

2 Likes

I’ve had that problem getting back on the chains. It’s easier to maintain control of my character if I walk instead of running.

Reasons why I don’t even bother for the 3% stat boost from those sides. Its not a flaw/bug though.

Your meant to take your time not a flaw/bug a player level issue. Esp on floor 3 when the mobs that pop up out of combat don’t exist.

You can use gliders to get back if you want with ease also. Getting up same thing can go to the top and gav well -> glider to get them if you dont want to risk the chains but the chains are not hard if you take your time.

As for the movespeed increase just since you have one dosen’t mean you have to use it set walk speed on your char and you move slow no matter the movespeed you have, or click the buff of.

Yes this is very annoying. And I do believe it is a bug, taking your time does not matter, the buff can not be “turned off”, it is not something you have a choice to use. I step on the chain very very very very slowly. I can get on it just fine but the first step you take and whooosh off you go. Mesh prim design problem, plain and simple. As for walk, i so very rarely use, that I have to look it up everytime to figure out how to turn it on and off. I have way to much in my head from work and life, to memorize every single key stroke in a game I play occassionally.

At this point, every walkable chain in Torghast also has a free teleporter at the top or bottom, so there’s exactly zero reason to ever “walk” the chain and risk falling off.

If an apparently walkable chain doesn’t have a teleport, it’s not really walkable, goes nowhere, and will kill you if you insist on trying.

The Broker Traversal Enhancer is a Ve’nari-sold item that requires Tentative reputation that was added in 9.0.5. It’s entirely plausible that some people, especially returning players, don’t know it exists (and therefore have not bought it), or still need the rep/Stygia for it if they left fairly early into the expac.

So that’s worth pointing out (that it’s something a person needs to get, and where to get it).

1 Like

Fair point, I forgot the solution was technically optional if you’re a stygia skinflint or a masochist.