Torghast Leaderboards?

That sounds kinda subjective. I am not testing the game personally, but the general idea of something that forces me to push through faster doesn’t turn me off from the content.

What are the stated goals? Has Blizzard said definitively what those goals are somewhere that I could read myself or are we just using forum poster arguments that came from… somewhere?

It’s comical how terrible your English is… I don’t think you even realize the things you are saying. The verbal diarrhea you are spewing does not equate to the things you are trying to say mr. Charmin.

What you meant to say was you are soft as soft can be and are scared of leaderboards.

hmm thank you, i think now i understand what kind of person you are, yet i need a nickname for you…
anyway you are one of those people that avoids the subject when start losing in any debate conversation, your pride cant handle losing or admiting your own defeat, well well well it looks like deep inside isnt you that type of person? the one that cant handle being bested?

And here goes Mr. Charmin crying again with nonsense that doesn’t make sense. What third world country do you hail from?

Suggesting I quit now is a pathetic response, as for the M+ debate, can I afk in a M+ without the content becoming more difficult? Pretty sure I can. Also I play a rogue, so the idea of a torment that spawns an add every 30 seconds and attacks me sounds like Ill be waiting on that timer regardless. It also sounds terrible

That isn’t what they do currently.

Two of the torments spawn adds while you are out of combat. If you have already collected a bunch of powers, these adds can be one or two shot and provide no threat unless you are AFK. If you don’t have any powers yet, because you are starting on a higher floor, they are terrifying and will completely change how you approach the dungeon in order to minimize their spawns. I found myself either kiting Mawrats to stay in combat and stop them spawning, or pulling far more recklessly than I would like to, resulting in what would otherwise have been avoidable deaths.

One of the torments is a constantly ticking DoT. At the first rank, it is 1% max HP per 5 seconds, and easily healed through for any class with self sustain or leech, and without those things, you can stop to eat occasionally. At the top rank, it is 6% max HP per 5 seconds, and will kill you outright if you AFK for more than ~2 minutes. Again, unless you have already collected a bunch of anima powers, in which case it has little if any effect on your gameplay.

Two of the torments increase your damage taken by 1/2/3/4/5/6% per minute, stacking infinitely. This is a soft enrage that will result in near immediate death if you get a rough elite near the end of a floor and you have a bunch of stacks built up.

One of the torments reduces your damage done by 1/2/3/4/5/6% per two minutes, and that one actually has some promise. It encourages you to move faster so it doesn’t stack too high and make it unreasonably difficult, but even if you stack it up to say a 50% reduction (10 minutes on the 5th floor of this torment), you can still push through by playing smart.

nah, lets be serious for just a second and then explain me something, whatahell is your definition of crying? this whole conversation is dumb, while i talk about A you are talking about B, and this is not going anywhere

Well thankfully the game is still in alpha so I would expect it to change if it doesn’t meet their goals.

Like I said, I am not a tester so I can’t really say if I agree with you or not.

If you are a tester however, then you should definitely leave your feedback in the alpha forums if you haven’t already.

I already have, and many other places as well.

Wont go anywhere until you accept yourself for what you are…insecure fodder scared of better players invalidating your mediocre performance.

Good.

Also, thank you for the link.

2 Likes

it’s not a pathetic response if your suggestion to a soft timer is to “make leaderboards” which already has been stated is far worse as your just going to have the same issue we have with M+ currently which is people will feel pigeon held to play classes/specs primarily on the timed leader boards then complain “my class/spec sucks” despite a few people have high timed keys in that said spec.

Can you afk in m+ yes at the loss of the actual point of doing M+ which is to beat the timer. that is the reason why M+ timers exist to BEAT… the timer. not to afk. not sure how hard it is to simply just pay the game as intended even as a casual you dont need to be some elitest thinking you need to beat certain levels just cause everyone else is doing it.

i mean really if you can’t even handle a soft timer idk what to tell you. go play some mobile Afk game? Not everyone enjoys M+ but everyone is able to do a +15 timed or not and still get loot fairly easily if you simply play the game in any spec. then again you are NOT forced to do M+ as well.

you do also understand that torments reset right its not like they are stacking throughout each level they will reset after each level i am sure.

TLDR- NO CAN HANDLE; QUIT!

Someone get this guy a PR job at Blizz

No thanks…

Everything in wow does not it need to be an esports style competition.

The leaderboards were a response to the idea that floors wouldn’t be done fast enough, thus giving incentive to people who want to play fast without making it unenjoyable for everyone else.

and just to finish this whole thing since im grown tired of joking around this foolishness if you have paid attention at the beggining you would have noticed that i agree about being sad how i feel about inferior because of bigger fish, even though that does not change anything at all…
you are probably just thinking “im gonna waste my time on this kid trying to convince him that he is wrong on that subject and while on that im gonna insult him cause i feel like it”.

no it doesnt, because i never negated that… and i dont think i should feel ashamed about it, feeling inspired by those who are better than you is just dumb for me, and thats my opinion on that specific subject and is not like im trying to make people accept it.
but you are different, im outside your “morality” and because of it, i should not even be in the game, because someone like me doesnt make the community growths in any shape or form.
and yeah? do you think everyone in the planet want this “everyone shaking hands community”? other players if not my allies are nothing but my rivals, which is why im playing a mmo, and since you are a classic player i can see easily that what dragged you are the completely opposite.
but you simple cant accept it, and therefore thats what makes you the immature here, while i can accept that there are players like you in the game with a certain mindset, you just cannot.

At least everyone here can see how worthless and insecure you are. Have a good one mr Charmin. Hello kitty adventures may be the better game for you.

I think by the time they get this implemented and ready to go, this will be working perfectly for the people who can expect to be on the leaderboard.

Casuals are going to be leaving in droves. Torments sound awful, and the existence of a leaderboard for top performers won’t do anything to stop the bleeding.

Maybe that’s a design goal though…

Oh no the caps lock has been unleashed! Guess I better quit! If you feel compelled to play only the top specs/classes than be my guest. I also understand they reset but become progressively punishing as you go along. I like to progress as a player, not because I feel compelled to to do what everyone else is doing. Also you are full of pathetic suggestions, such as quitting or playing a mobile game. But I am however going to quit responding to you since you have nothing constructive to say.

Look up 6 posts for detailed descriptions of the “soft timer” mechanics.

They are not fun, and they don’t achieve the stated goals of gently nudging you forwards.