Torghast buff

is this on tank specs, dps specs, or both? is group play any better?

I did it on my disc failed once on floor 5. Second run completed it because of the rng on anima powers . This was painful lol

Yup, everything about this is dumb and bad. Way to make the worst part of the expansion even worse.

3 Likes

That’s because you did waste your time. Ash should be given at each section as we clear it. Or off the end of floor boss guys.

2 Likes

They took a super fun and engaging experience and wrecked it. The easiest way to remedy the situation is to:

1. Revert the changes, which encourages players to solo it
  2. Give us other rewards aside from soul ash. This place is supposed to be overloaded with anima after that cinematic in game, but where the heck is it all? Give us something to encourage replay in all modes not just the endless tower that’s coming.
  3. Rework some of these powers, especially for bm hunter.

They really have something here, they just need to make it better. As it stands they’re going the complete opposite direction.

4 Likes

But please, for the love of whatever, do not give us more 35 anima drops.

2 Likes

prot war here with exact same experience

all they have to do is revert it…

I was clearing upper levels as resto with feral affinity with no issues. Tried last night and I could barely damage some of these bosses before they grew stronger.

I did have some very crappy RNG on anima drops, but even before I did pretty well.

I cleared 7 on both with a group. First try. Party’s work.

I just tried Upper Reaches (Layer 8) on my Protection Paladin. I am 100% unable to kill the first boss no matter how many CDs I get. His Sinbolt spam is impossible to lockdown, his melee hits are too hard. As a Kyrian Protection Paladin, I probably have the most interrupts in the game and I’m not coming any where close to killing this guy.

The tuning on this dude is way too high.

1 Like

Completely unplayable. I tried doing level 3 on a new alt and am getting deleted at 50% during the final boss fight.

Yup my alt DH who I got up to ilvl 176 is getting deleted on layer 3. Spending 50 mins trying to get to a boss to get whomped on is just not fun… I literally want 0 things to do with torghast atm… wtf were they thinking with this buff to it!!!

Well they nerfed it, so maybe it won’t be as bad.

THIS. Wasting my time for 6 floors is horrible.

Looks like they got our feedback:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/updating-torghast-this-week/783123

I ran through Fractures 8 and it’s definitely easier now. Empowered mobs have like 50% less hp… assassins rarely spawn and much easier to kill… and there’s more power ups on floor.

Thanks Blizz. Now please fix the dungeons.

Fixed it? No broke it even worse, we are set on 1 spec & going in as tank is dumb now. The last boss just kills me at 40k health… dumb

I think changes are coming:

Some of the biggest changes are:

Layer difficulty nerfed across the board.
Health nerfed across the board.
Damage reduced for 4 and 5 player groups.
Major cooldowns reset at the end of a floor.
Anima Cells drop more often and Rares/Starting Anima Cells offer more/stronger Anima Power respectively.
Nerfs to difficult enemies like Massive Crusher, Tower Sentinel, Skeletal Remains and more.
Torments that spawn creatures health and damage reduced by 50%.
Upper Reaches health bonus massively reduced to 10% bonus health.
Unnatural Power no longer prevents CC effects at 10 stacks.

I got this from a friend–think it might be from Wowhead.

I totally agree!