Torghast 8

What spec and strategy to you guys use including ilvl for this?

Outside of Twisting Corrider, any spec with Earth Elemental cooldown reduction. Once you get permanent Earth Elemental, its a joke.

4 Likes

Running a resto spec without any issues. I don’t really have a strategy outside of making sure I have BL and earth elemental for the mini boss on each floor.

I’ve been using restoration exclusively for doing Torghast 8 for getting soul ash every week. It’s just so quick and easy. Twisting Corridors I’ve been going elemental and I’m up to the last layer!

i don’t have any issues with enhance… and i agree- the more earth cd red, the better.

I’ve always pref to run as a 5 man group with tank and heals and so I take all the Bloodlust perks

Been doing 8s since ilvl 195 or so as Elemental.

There’s a few ways to it. Most common one is to stack earth elemental cooldown then the permanent earthquake for him. Earth Shield talent is useful, you can throw it on the ele as he tanks the final boss.

Powers that buff healing stream are also useful because the help you and the ele. Powers that reduce enemy damage are great, on Frost shock and knock back.

A couple 4-second reductions in Wind Shear are important for caster bosses.

For offense, powers that buff Heroism and the power that casts Heroism when you drop a totem are vital. A few stacks of +damage to Lightning are your main damage source. I don’t bother with Lava Burst talents, just spam lightning for bosses with heroism active.

There is also a power where Frost Shock instakills anything below 10%. Love getting that one, it even works on bosses.

Surge of Power is a required talent for me because it let’s me freeze dangerous elites like Tormentors in place with Frost Shock. This combined with the super jump power makes for super easy kiting.

As long as its not this weeks Mort with those stupid shades and the platform hopping into auto aggro mobs of casters on level 2 with little powers…ugh couldnt do it as enh or resto got killed so fast.
I was lucky to get the earth ele earthquake but even then I think I died 3 times on that spot…

I hate torghast 8 as shaman …

You can cheese it by grappling over and grappling back. 1 or 2 of the shades will follow you back.

1 Like

Oh…well. Thank you didn’t know that.

Resto sham. Get earth shock to 4 seconds and elemental to a minute. Its pretty boring and repetitive but you will have no issues after that.

I’ve been ripping threat from earth elemental when listed from windfury procs

I main resto and get a group. It’s pretty easy as a healer to find one, and the speed groups are quite fast.

Resto makes it incredibly easy to solo with almost no effort. Enhancement is more fun and quicker for the first few floors, but if you end up dying at all it’s a lot slower.

Elemental Core + Flame Shock Ticks Faster x2 is incredibly strong damage, and the permanent earth elemental with a permanent earthquake is hilariously broken, especially when combined with the permanent 25% more damage taken from being knocked down (which the free EQ does)

1 Like

I play enhancement and I love it when the effects of powers mix and chain off of each other.

Placing a totem automatically places another random totem > Staying near a totem heals you for X amount every three seconds > Deal 5% more damage for each totem you have out > Placing a totem automatically triggers 15 seconds of Bloodlust > Bloodlust automatically triggers Ascendance; suddenly you’re able to turn into an invincible killing machine once every twenty seconds.

Also ALWAYS gotta make sure to get Elemental Core. I don’t care what anyone says, Stormstrike spamming is a beautiful thing.