古典を待つことができない! しかし

Nope.

2 Likes

You’re welcome to tell me how it isn’t.

いいえ. これ以上キーは送信されません。

1 Like

What in tarnation are these hieroglyphic alien nipple-peelings?

3 Likes

He’s speaking Japanese… not Chinese.

That copy pasta is for Chinese.

1 Like

Because it wasn’t in vanilla, and as the stress test has demonstrated, sharding does not at all help with the issues it aims to solve.

If by “smooth” you mean no lag, crashes, or disconnects, sharding doesn’t help and isn’t necessary.
If by “smooth” you mean no competition, then Classic isn’t the game for you.
If by “smooth” you mean not seeing thousands of players, MMOs aren’t the genre for you.

1 Like

ስራዎን እንወስዳለን!
የሚያስፈሩ የውጭ ዜጎች!

1 Like

Okay, Vanilla didn’t have stress testing either. If they did the launch might have gone smoother.

The stress test demonstrated that they had login server issues, any “phasing” issues you have have seen after the initial 2 hour test are the same as the “phasing” issues that are in the full beta, which are confirmed as being a bug and being looked into. It’s not intended.

I didn’t mention any of your “smooth” examples anywhere. That is you trying to put words in my mouth and prove your own point.

However, the “smoothest” launch in the game’s history was legion which did have sharding. So take that as you will.

6 Likes

Stress testing isn’t a change to the game.

I’m pretty sure login servers don’t relate to several second delays in-game.

I didn’t say anything about phasing.

That’s a whole other issue that sharding has, and being invited to other shards is disastrous for Classic.

I was going through the only reasonable definitions of “smooth” I could think of, given the context. What do you mean by “smooth”?

Yeah, it was fun leveling with barely 10 people around because everyone else was in their own shard.

Hard pass.

Let’s not forget Legion allowed you to level in any of the new zones, had solo scenario instances, quest progress phasing, shard quest mob tagging, etc.

There are a plethora of variables you totally ignored that contributed to the launch being smooth.

Ugh… we’re gonna play this quote game? Alright…

No it’s not, but you can’t cite the recent stress test for anything other than that because as they stated, the login issues prevented them from actually testing what they wanted to test.

How many people got in game again during the peak hours? A very quick look around the forum in the last couple days will tell you not many.

There’s only one thing meant by smooth, and that is that it’s playable. Assuming someone means no competition or seeing other players is insulting at best and you know it.

You played a different game than me then.

At an estimated 10m players on launch of the expansion? Between 4 zones? How is this any different from classic aside from less players at launch?

Refresh my mind on these please… seriously, I don’t remember this. Edit: I realized you meant the artifact weapon scenarios. Sorry about that! :slight_smile:

What does this even mean?

Again, an estimated 10 million players on launch of the expansion. How many variables are really in play when that many people are bombarding your servers?

You don’t need 私 in the vast majority of your statements. Stop using Google TL, it gets this wrong all the time.

Oh Jesus, my sides.

2 Likes

Sorry m’am, we don’t speak anime 'round these here parts.

4 Likes

Anything they’ll change as a result of the data they collect from the stress tests will be to the back-end, totally unnoticeable to us as players.

Sharding, on the other hand, is a game feature that is quite obvious and impactful to our gameplay.

Literally thousands. Check the VODs of the event. You can count the individual names visible on the screen.

My point is that even the people that managed to get past the login boss experienced the lag boss.

Then sharding is definitely not necessary for it being smooth. The game’s launch can be perfectly smooth without it.

Just because there’s a lot of people in the same zone, lots of competition, long queues, or lag, doesn’t mean it isn’t playable.

There are people that have stated explicitly that is what they want sharding for. That’s why I gave a few examples of what smooth could mean. Everyone’s definition seems to vary.

No, I just remember quite clearly that Blizzard went out of their way to divide the player base into different zones to spread out where the players would be.

Legion didn’t just send you to 4 zones, though. You had to get your artifact weapon, which took you to other parts of Azeroth. Many of the parts of that quest chain were solo scenarios where you couldn’t see other players (or players only of the same spec).

Then it had the class halls.
THEN it sent you to one of the four zones.

Classic, by contrast, has 6 zones, and everyone will be there regardless of class or spec, and they will all be sharing the same world. Or… they won’t be, I guess, because of sharding.

You don’t have to be in a group to get credit for quest mobs. You simply attack the mob and get credit.

As such, people had a much easier time completing quests, and were able to progress through the initial zones far more quickly.

Luckily some aren’t direct descendants of the Horde ones. :wink:

But wouldn’t that be different still?

This is why they went with layering as I understand it though, is to prevent it from impacting gameplay.

Fair enough, but isn’t this why they are running tests like this?

Then we have no argument here.

Seems like a major issue of forum-itus then :frowning:

To be fair, if this is your assessment, then we genuinely may have played different games.

I was used to and ENJOYED my small, backwater server and CRZ implementation devastated this. I can see if you were used to a high pop realm, especially one that favored your faction, where this would be an issue.

This is where we differ I think. I don’t think many people spent that much time in their class halls upon launch just chilling with their fellow paladins. Once you saw the sights that was pretty much it and you were back out into the world.

Okay, so the system that was introduced in legion. That I think really boils down to an old vs. new philosophy of game design. Hard to really fault them for it when the game is really still the definition of a cash cow in the industry. Obviously different from the soul of classic, but game designers are held to different standards now than they were in years past.

While I enjoy that, I find pizza bites to be superior.

How many times do I have to tell you? No, I do not want to buy your gold.

4 Likes

Baby’s first unicode.

I don’t speak whatever language that is, but I will attempt to communicate.
卂 丅凵尺丅乚乇 从卂刀乇 工丅 丅口 丅卄乇 山卂丅乇尺

9 Likes