Too many cooldowns in our opener feels terrible

I actually think Unholy Frenzy should get pruned out of our kit.
Or atleast reworked into a passive that competes with Army of the Damned in a unique way.
Lets say…Unholy Frenzy increases each secondary stat by 2.5% as long as your pet is dismissed. Dark Transformation is replaced with Unholy Frenzy(Dark Trans and UHfrenzy both should be off GCD). Unholy Frenzy: 17.5% haste+free pimples.

I respect the idea tinkering, but unholy is about raising ghouls and spreading diseases. We aren’t marksmanship hunters, we don’t need to ever be dismissing our ghouls (except when they are going to pull something or glitchy AI is glitchy…)

I agree, same with moonkins and elemental shamans. These buildup mechanics are getting old.

I’m not playing Unholy wrong, I was just listing all the different options to relate to as many people as possible. My opener for PvP, which mimics the opener of a couple of the top UH DK’s is DT, Abom, UHF, Blood of the Enemy, one Festering Strike then Apoc. That’s 6 GCD’s, or 9 seconds. Also never even mentioned D&D in my post so dunno why you brought it up, and Vision of Perfection is something I’ve never even heard of or seen used in pvp, by me or the 3k DK’s I follow.

Vision is great for raiding but when playing bursting sores/infected claws for big aoe damage, I prefer blood of the enemy. Also found BOTE to be better at shorter fights.

I find unholy to be easier to play than frost. You just hit your CDs in the correct sequence and big damage rolls out nicely. I feel like frost requires more awareness of procs and positioning for frostwelps in dungeons which isn’t hard, but not terribly satisfying if you’re trying to play ice cap and wanting to have pillar overlap icy citadel longer.

It’s more like abom, unholy frenzy, DT, BotE, Apoc, then Necrotic Strike spam. Shouldn’t need to press Festering Strike in your burst, as there should already be enough wounds up by the time you start spamming NS.
Also, Vision of Perfection is commonly used as a major in PvP, providing you have three traits of Magus.

Yeah, on the blight side.

You were so close.

1 Like

I usually press one if my abom and ghoul haven’t gotten me 4+ yet, but tbh we do such stupid pressure with CD’s up for such a consistent period of time that it’s kinda crazy. I don’t mind having a few buttons for burst, because our damage phases last for so long.