Tomorow's Leaders and important People

With the amount of people who play World of Warcraft it seems to me quite probable we are amidst fellow players that will change the world some day in a huge way. Think about it the person playing beside you might actually be in the news tomorrow for curing cancer or a creating some awesome new way of doing something.

2 Likes

More like they will be making the news for doing something bad based on the attitudes of players in game.

5 Likes

Such a positive post in such a dark place… :dracthyr_cry_animated:

6 Likes

What kinda number you got on this?

People who are spending most of their time playing videogames aren’t doing amazing things out in the world. Their hobby takes up their spare time. They are regular people who earn a living and enjoy playing games, not doing overtime in a research lab.

3 Likes

over 2 million still play regularly however that varies

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

regularly is an operative word here not subs

Yeah there are prolly a good chunk of ppl who been paying for wow for years and never even log in, just another auto pay bill.

1 Like

World of warcraft is a downtime thing for most people you do realize it’s no different from flyfishing or playing golf right?

2 Likes

Most people do not aspire to greatness. Most people who concentrate on a hobby are not going to be doing great things in the world.

The idea that there is something special about being good at a videogame that makes you an amazing achiever at many or all things in the real world is silly.

Tomorrow’s leaders are out canvassing neighborhoods and organizing in their towns, running for local office. Not raiding mythic and working on achievements and mount collections in wow.

2 Likes

There’s about to be 10 Fast and Furious movies thanks to Vin Diesel. A World of Warcraft player has already changed the world in a huge way.

2 Likes

Actually there was a post a long, long time ago talking about leadership in putting raids and organizing groups for such event . I also never said that wow was the reason they will be famous lol

calls others out for having bad attitudes, presents a completely pessimistic attitudes towards the player base as a whole

You will get them regardless it’s sad but reality.

1 Like

I never said that wow was going to make them famous. What I was saying is that spending your spare time playing videogames is consistent with working a regular job. It is not consistent with becoming a leader in politics, or with making scientific discoveries, or any other field that requires dedication to discovery.

I have met people in every area of profession playing Wow since it began. From nurses,doctors,lab tech,code writters I mean the list goes on forever. Famous people play golf they go fishing they do normal recreational things wow is just another venue.

1 Like

obligatory:
hard to do that from your mom’s basement

Yes, people who work all kinds of regular jobs have hobbies. No question. But don’t take the fact that rich people play golf in their spare time now that they are rich and successful for the process it took to get there. A successful actor spent many years learning his trade and working his way up the ladder. A successful professional golfer spent his spare time playing golf, not wow.