Tolerating Multiboxing is a dangerous precedent to set

Also I don’t know anyone that multiboxes that doesn’t also play with other players solo

1 Like

You know what I mean.

I’ve mostly ignored your arguments thus far because you attempt to twist the meaning and largely ignore the meat of of any argument.

You’re just a troll. But I appreciate you keeping this post at the top of GD.

I don’t even PVP and haven’t since 2008, so there goes your theory out the window. I’ve never once farmed mobs in a small area for hours at a time, never have and never will so I don’t gain advantages that way either. I also don’t even farm herbs and ore anymore.

I multibox because it’s a playstyle that I found to become very enjoyable. I’m the type of person that likes to play the auction house, Buy low and sell high. I did that well before I ever chose to multibox. I like the ability of being able to level myself up through dungeons, it’s much more efficient and I have a lot more fun doing so.

Explanations are not needed or required from me as it’s completely acceptable by Blizzard to do so and has been for well over a decade. Multiboxing has just been the flavor of the month thing to complain about for the last 3 months, then it will go through another quiet period of 6 months and then someone else will start it up all over again. I’ve seen it all on the forum over the years and years and years I’ve been playing. It’s almost like Groundhog Day the movie, you see the same things being said year after year, but it’s still entertaining to watch and read.

So thank you for the much provided entertainment, I don’t mind it.

2 Likes

I assume what you mean is something like “if multiboxers didn’t exist I’d make more gold so their existence means they are taking gold from me”?

Your arguments seem fueled by a personal dislike instead of facts, I can’t help that you don’t like what I say. But you’re free to use the actual ignore if you think I’m a troll :slight_smile:

I would appreciate it if you would keep it at the top of GD for me when I go to bed. I sleep 11-6 and then I can take over again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lmao what is this example?

this is why nobody takes anti-boxers seriously, ya’ll are delusional.

3 Likes

CCP didnt stop people playing multiple accounts at the same time, they merely outlawed software like ISBoxer which enabled a person to control every client all at once. Its what most multiboxers do, they use some form of software which means when they hit keybind 1 and the corresponding action then occurs on every client

The point is that they didn’t just classify multiboxing software as automation. They created a separate rule regarding multiboxing software.

Which is why all the anti-multiboxers going “but it’s really automation” are barking up the wrong tree.

1 Like

As a company that supports no cheating and forcing people to use their games only if account verification support is used allowing one person to use multiple game licenses at one time is cheating fairness of a single player user.If said usage of multi boxers continue people will leave if they can make enough gold due to drastic reduction of prices caused by multi boxing.

Everyone is allowed to own as many accounts as they desire. That means it’s not cheating.

I remember once a math teacher saying you can’t use calculators because that’s cheating then another saying it’s not. Moral of the story is if you make the rules you never get exposed as cheating–politician 101.

I am not one of them, I am saying how multiboxing as it is in wow only exists because those 2 game dev teams have taken a different stance on the software that enables cheap and easy boxing. As it stands CCP stood the greatest chance to lose when they moved against input broadcast software as eve online has always had a tiny playerbase, 500k at best, compared to the millions and millions that wow has even at its worst.

Most wow multiboxers are small groups anyway the only real problematic ones are those who shut down questing areas with no capacity for players to do anything about them and those are the ones who are going to be thriving on the ease of input broadcasting

multiboxing isnt botting but both require software to be effective without being massively expensive (many computers). CCP moved against the software only but fully permit multiple accounts. Again in wow most multiboxing is of little consequence but players can and are abusing it at the moment to cripple questing areas in ways that just cannot be resolved. Right now if i want to level a character doing the stormsong valley storylines im going to run into a horde boxed roadblock at a shipyard with no way through it. I cannot even flag a main for pvp and bait them into agression. Cant report cant kill just stand there and watch 20 druids lock down a zone.

I don’t think I’ve even seen a multi boxer in person people since Burning Crusade. Maybe I’m just lucky.

1 Like

How certain are you that it’s not just a group of botters?

well the simple answer is I have tried to report them. The only vguely viable option is “cheating” I have referenced what they are doing as well as the effective zone disruption. They have not been actioned, not over a period of several weeks now.

At the very least what they are doing does not fall into the right click “cheating” category and there is no actual tools available to report players interfering with zone progression via right click report or the ticket system. I do believe by that result they arent “cheating” but they certainly are being a nuisance to leveling gameplay. Imagine someone killing quest givers for weeks on end, this isnt at that level but VERY close and still worthy of action in my opinion

At this point to have fair amount of goods right now,they should remove all resources from maps like herbs and ores and if you want to mine or farm them use your current content garrison that has a plantation or mine.If you want cloth you grow some cotton or whatever.

So you acknowledge they aren’t doing anything worthy of punishment, but you want them punished anyway.

Seems fair. :roll_eyes:

The problem is blizzard decided way back in vanilla (I still remember the thread in the old forums) when multi-boxing was just starting that they were going to allow it.

Of course, back then it was like three people with no more than five accounts. Not the armies of multi-boxers we see now.

That decision has come back to haunt them.

1 Like

They made that decision before the game ever went live. It was never not a thing. Multiboxing is older than MMOs.

1 Like

yeah, they are shaking right now. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That isn’t what that means, as far as being against “multiboxing.”

Mutltiboxing isn’t really an “unfair” advantage, since with coordination you can do the same thing with friends. That is also what Blizzard has always said about it, coordinate and go after the multiboxer (who is at a disadvantage, against organized players.)

Just as the Supreme Court can interpret what the law is, Blizzard can say what their own rules do and do not cover. They are within their rights to say that multiboxing is OK, while using a program that changes textures to look like you want is NOT OK. This actually makes sense too, since people would use that program to make resourses/nodes be huge and glowly or give them advantages in other ways.