TOD - no damage if rogue vanishes

WHY.

You cast TOD on a rogue and all they have to do is vanish and it doesn't do damage?

SHOULDN'T it take them out of stealth, and do damage?
Oh, god this is actually a thing? And here i thought rogues vanishing near death when i had ToD on them were just getting spot healed like a boss.
ya ive had tons of 3s session where we faced a rogue

Me & Teammates: "KILL KILL"
Me: "TOD about to proc he dead"
*Rogue Vanishes*
Me: "/wrist"

the part of vanish where it says "for 3 seconds after vanishing, any damage dealing attack doesn't break stealth", that affects TOD as well and causes it to not do any damage.
Not 100% on how it totally works but yeah
I get triggered when I apply ToD on a target, I die, and ToD does 0 damage??
There are lots of 'cheap' ways to negate damage. The DH meta leap also negates it completely.
11/09/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Sifu
There are lots of 'cheap' ways to negate damage. The DH meta leap also negates it completely.

何だ?why are these things? It's bad enough monk burst is the most telegraphed and easily countered burst in the game. Why give it extreme levels of counterplay from one of the most common classes in PvP?
Cloak of shadows
I didn't think cloak negated ToD or Karma... unless this is also a thing now.
11/10/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Ijx
I didn't think cloak negated ToD or Karma... unless this is also a thing now.

Cloak does stop karma damage, you can actually dispel karma damage because it reflects as magic.
ITS not cloak. TOD/KARMA are physical abilities - (even though one does magic damge - its why it can be BOP'D)

so cloak can negate karma damage, but doesnt remove the spell. Vanish doesnt remove tod either, but they just take no damage from it if they are vanished