To tanks ... sincerely from a healer

Why is the meta to kite everything and run away from healers. Then make sure healers have no mana to do anything. Blizzard please for the love of your god or whatever you worship. PLEASE change this!!!

Moderator: Edited title. Calling attention to your thread using the word “devs,” along with words like “Blue,” and “Blizzard,” are a violation of the forum rules.

15 Likes

Tanks have to do it to survive. Just blame the devs

3 Likes

Oh… I am aware. That is why I address the Dev Team

1 Like

Tanks hate it as much as you do

12 Likes

Gotcha, title threw me off

Can’t let the demon hunters be turd status everywhere at once so they figured that M+ tanking is gonna be their forte

Tank here. More scared of a fortified 4 pack in a dungeon than any mythic boss in the raid. Please help.

16 Likes

MISERY ?

/10char

Ikr. I watched a video in DH tanking. It seems they would be just as good without the kiting because of their leggos, conduits, and covenant abilities. Idk for sure though

:slight_smile: when tanking I do two things…I mark myself so my healer can easily find me at all times and my healer for the same reason to avoid los and distance issues

If mana dips below 30% after a trash pull I’ll ask if they need mana

1 Like

This straight up made me laugh.

Because it’s true.

/cry

4 Likes

I’m curious, were tanks getting trucked at the beginning of legion and did it get better later on? First time being around for start of expac

Asking if the healer needs mana.

From healers everywhere, thank you.

I barely get to sneak in 10-15% worth of drinking between pulls when i’m down around 20% before the tanks requires heals on the next pull.

5 Likes

In Legion? No. Tanks still had flat DR then, BFA changed all active mitigation to armor which hurt survivability. Also at the start of BFA the gear from M+ capped at +10, so there weren’t many people pushing +15s.

The problem is dps damage is scaling faster than tank damage mitigation. +23 fortified keys are timeable in terms of damage output, but no tank in the game can sit there and actually tank the mobs without every CD in their kit rolling.

3 Likes

Thank the AoE cap and the mongoloids who said “mAsS aOe iSnT fUn” for this one.

3 Likes

I’ve healed on my druid, monk and priest so I have some idea on how frustrating an over ambitious tank can be…just a little…

1 Like

Playing the different roles changes perception of the other roles. When I DPS, I try to stay out of crap on the ground rather than make the healer push through it.

1 Like

It really isn’t very fun. There’s no strategy. Just mop them up and spam the same two abilities over and over.

1 Like

So you didn’t find it fun. But you find this fun? Others would disagree.

Fun is a subjective feeling, an emotional response. Kind of odd you would be telling people they weren’t having fun when they know they were and vice versa.

Or is fun just a bad thing to you and the wrong reason to play the game?

It’s not blizzard who has to change this. tanks should pay attention at the healer mana status.