To warriors tanking that don't invite dps warriors to their dungeon groups

I would always invite a Warrior DPS to any of my groups. They are hands down my favorite DPS to have in groups.

4 Likes

NOTE** This post is likely propaganda from a warrior who refuses to tank and never gets invited to dungeon runs

32 Likes

for the tank what does it matter bring the other warrior if you dont get the item just reform and run it again. you should be able to form a group fairly quickly

1 Like

I agree. Fury or Arms or combo are excellent dpsers - and I assume issues of loot distribution always exist anyway - the only thing I would require, like with any party member, is watch out for pulling aggro and eliminating rage for the tank

1 Like

Invite a guy who needs what I need (when I can spend an extra 5 minutes looking for a new DPS who doesn’t), then have to spend another hour running the dungeon when I lose the roll

or

Wait a little longer looking for DPS and invite a guy who doesn’t need what I need since there’s no shortage of DPS players

16 Likes

I tanked instances almost exclusively for leveling, and put together a Classic Warrior tanking guide.

Warriors are the best DPS class for a melee cleave. While, personally I feel that people who play warriors should definitely experience tanking for themselves, as it helps to highlight parts of the warrior kit, I wouldn’t hop onboard a campaign to boycott DPS warriors any sooner than I would hop on a campaign to boycott DPS only classes.

8 Likes

If I am tanking as a warrior, I’m not inviting a DPS warrior. If I am tanking as a druid, then sure, I’ll pick up a DPS warrior.

I prefer forming groups that minimize loot competition. I don’t really care about min/max compositions… almost everything works and I am not in a race.

13 Likes

game is going to be out forever, why are you in a rush to get gear? just avoid reserve runs. the sweaty neckbeard types that won’t allow anyone else to roll on fake stuff in a video game.

5 Likes

What this guy said.

Molten Core and the like are not going anywhere.

4 Likes

i dont mind having a dps warrior in my group. I usually just let him offtank one of the adds and worry about the other ones. Makes my job easier

1 Like

Only time I prefer to take a second warrior is for UBRS… as an offtank.

For all the 5 man dungeons, it’s better to have more classes for better loot distribution, and no way in hell am I competing against a lazy dps warrior. Also warriors bring very little utility to the table outside of tanking.

7 Likes

Had dps warriors roll on tank gear when I was tanking 5 mans . Never again .

Do all the hard work learning dungeons and pulls , fighting to control agro from crazy dps . And lose rolls to semi afk warrior . No thanks

11 Likes

IF i was tanking a dungeon for gear the only melee that will ever get in is a Shaman.

but now? if im doing a dungeon its for a guildie OR for rich thorium in DM E or Righteous Orbs either way the things i want are reserved so i would actually look to invite a warrior DPS since its going to be higher than everyone else.

I thought the same until I tanked several (don’t remember exactly, close to 10) RFD and lost the roll on plate chest every time it dropped.

Finally out leveled the place after gearing up 5 or so dps warriors/rets.

Still though, if I’m filling a group I’ll take a dps warrior when I pally tank, mainly because ZF on there always seems to be at least one boss it’s nice to have a dps that can take a hit after an agro wipe mechanic that renders me useless.

So, I think it would make sense to clarify whether you mean tanking a dungeon while leveling or tanking at max-level and farming bis/pre-bis.

For leveling, if you are spamming dungeons, then I’d question any reason not to prefer 2-3 warriors in a given group. They are excellent DPS, don’t take much dmg, can off-tank, pull threat away from heals.

If you are farming gear, then sure, but the classes you would prefer to have or avoid would depend on the gear they have or may want much more than the class they are, wouldn’t it?

But yeah, to each their own… :slight_smile:

if your lvling the smartest thing is 3-4 warriors and a Shaman

If your 60 (which i am, and so its a given) and actually need gear still from 5 mans priest-shaman-magex2, but since i dont need gear i would invite a warrior since the Righteous Orbs are reserved regardless of the group make up, the Rich Thorium is reserved regardless of the DM E make up.

Even while leveling / grinding dungeons for xp, I wouldn’t take warriors most of the time. Need to grab all that good gear to be a better tank or solo grind, etc.

The worst is when you have a warrior in the group already that refuses to tank and the group tries to spend another half hour looking for a tank.

Shocker, last group I was in that happened was possibly the worst group I had the disservice of healing. Huge red flag to just bail.

Yeah, I suppose that depends on one’s personal preference. I don’t much care about loot, and tend to be quite lucky on my rolls anyway, so…

But I’ve definitely invited 2-3 warriors and had one leave from time to time for similar reasons. If you are leveling in the dungeon groups, esp. if you stick with the group for a few runs, you often get the piece(s) you’re looking for, and honestly, while leveling, it almost never matters (I can think of the Ravager being an exception, but again, I tend to be lucky, and won it my first time seeing it drop, which was my second run, I believe).

To be honest, they’re usually just bad, so you’re better off without them anyway.