To those who didn't want World buffs, question

If you were anti-world buff simply to make the game more competitive in parsing, I am curious if you still feel that way seeing how TBC has played out. Between innervate stacking, PI stacking, group comps, lust rotations, drums, engi sappers/nades, scrolls, squawks (this is about to be a big one), and more… Do you feel parsing is more or less obtainable in TBC compared to classic.

IMO its easier to purple or orange parse (75-94) than it was in classic, but orange and above begin to see a massive exponential explosion. The “maxing” in min maxed is way further than it was when everyone had the same buffs and consumes, and everything else like group comp wasn’t a major player.

Curious on peoples thoughts now that we are 5 months away from buffs. I know the topic of “making it more competitive” was always a top 5 bullet point in the no world buffs movement.

World buffs suck because you die and lose them. They would also still trivialize all content which is what would make TBC boring. I like the TBC fights being somewhat difficult.

Parses don’t even matter in the end of the day unless your guild is all about that. If you’re not in a guild that’s sweating out every minute detail then that’s not why your parses are low. You do not need those things to have a decent purple or orange. If you only care about parses because you don’t get the colour you want and explain it because you’re not getting what top 10 people get in terms of support then you aren’t someone who should be caring about parses. Logs should be used to learn, not to abuse your other guild members.

TBC parsing is about stacking lust in a single grp rather than for everyone

The irony about world buff is that it forces people to raidlog while tbc encourages raidlogging

7 Likes

Parsing as a competitive tool is a bit of a joke, because the top of the top is always some cheese strat. Using logs to measure your performance and improve is great, and the absence of world buffs definitely gives you a more accurate picture.

3 Likes

if you actually try then you can parse orange

the main goal is to find the lazy person parsing grey/green and get them to quit

1 Like

The chicken meta (especially now knowing how to force proc it) might actually be worse than being ally trying to get rend.

I was anti-world buff because it trivialized the content even more than it was already trivial.

Christ it didn’t need to be THAT easy.

No world buffs and an HP buff and people will actually have to do Four Horsemen properly instead of zerg korth’azz.

1 Like

Crazy idea that power should come from gear and player ability and not some random over powered stat enhancement cheese.

4 Likes

I’m assuming you never got to use the chronoboon. Great idea by blizzard, just way too late

1 Like

I did, still an additional 50g goldsink

plus that only came out within the last 2 months of classic, wherein the only content left was naxx so raidlogging was already in full swing

Tbc parses are a meme. Nothing competitive about it, just who has more political capital in the guild to dictate strategy and comps.

3 Likes

I don’t play melee, what’s this meta about and how to proc what?

I mean World Buffs were something that were removed in TBC anyways after a certain point so don’t really see the big deal to not just start without it. Makes some of the earlier content a little bit harder and removes some of the tedium with it.

As others have mentioned generally speaking the higher parses are mostly cheesed up in some way as well, seen that with some of my own guildmates parses. Big thing we use them for is just to see if everyone is doing their part on a base level. Past that its for giggles.

You can force proc the chicken by getting into combat with a min then letting it do a hostile action (like attacking you) then summon the chicken and it will always squawk. It’s really stupid and should just be patched to not work at all on players over 63. Makes it really detrimental to the raid.

dont die then? O wait another mankrik player complaining about world buffs. You play on a pve server and youre mad now when you die to pve? mankrik players are something else.

2 Likes

I don’t care about parsing, my issue with world buffs was they created a super toxic environment both in getting them and in how they impacted raid attitude.

Having to know the world buff schedule on your realm, time your logins around it, the log to save buffs was just stupid, and I’m sure it sucked even more for people on pvp realms having to deal with griefers. Chrono boom helped with that to some degree.

And god forbid you wipe for some stupid reason like someone accidently pulled trash, oops. All in all world buffs were just super toxic.

3 Likes

Yep. And sooooo many complaints about “vanilla wasn’t that hard gamers were just dumb loooool” - which is funny, because I don’t see that crowd zooming to play SoM yet, so…

1 Like

This is why median is a better indicator than top

Consistency > cheese

My question would be, what stopped you from just “not” using the buffs? I fail to see why they needed to be removed from the entire game just for you when you already had the option of not using them.

My dislike of world buffs had nothing to do with parsing. It was because it was an embarrassing exploit that should have been fixed from day one. It was basically everyone entering a cheat code into the game in order to become super overpowered and bypass mechanics and cheese through everything, instead of doing the fights as intended.

2 Likes