To the skies! quest is bugged and can't progress

This quest is unable to be completed. The mount despawns and you are sent back to camp, permanently stuck in combat unable to mount, and the mount vehicle for quest never respawns. Has bugged on me 3 times in a row.

2 Likes

Same same.

Attempted twice on Sunday, and once this morning – still bugged.
I play a paladin on Remix.

Have the same and saw there were more people with the same issue. Tried it 5 times on 2 different toons and it is not working…

same happening to me. Blizzard - FIX YOUR GAME! so much of this mode is broken from quests to scaling. This needs fixing now! Don’t turn this into a scenario where you fix it day 90 of this event, FIX IT NOW.

2 Likes

Considering that this quest has been prone to bug since at least Warlords of Draenor, I wouldn’t hold my breath for a quick fix. See this post for suggestions: WoW MoP Remix: Isle of Thunder To The Skies! Scenario Bugged

Same problem, tried 5 times as a desto warlock. Would kill 2 then get teleported back to camp.

I went full ham after switching my BM hunter to MM for this fight, and still got teleported away before I could engage the third wave.

So I put this on a back burner until either Blizzard fixes it or I run out of stuff to do in the rest of Pandaria.

Editing to add: I tried it again because I saw another workaround described that I wanted to try. To my amazement, the scenario worked as designed. I was not teleported away and was able to kill all six aerial attackers and continue.

Maybe they fixed it?

I just now completed this. I have no idea if they literally fixed it - this is the first time I have done this since I did it over a decade ago.

I had no issues. Perhaps it’s now fixed for those that could not complete it?

I figured out how to fix it.

Do NOT jump off the pteradax and kill the npcs attacking you. Just survive until your right overtop of where the boss npc is going to be fighting you (upper left hand corner)

Once there you can attack everything but do it slowly don’t go too fast.

It will then land you near him like it’s supposed to.

That’s what I did and I remembered that way back in the day if you killed the npcs off too fast it bugs out the pteradax. Hope that helps someone out there.

3 Likes