To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

I think a lot of them do, but the issue is that the choices needs to make sense and not have subjective consequences based on the type of player and their chosen content.

First I want to say, the fact that it can doesn’t mean it should. However, I don’t think it’s necessarily bad to have choices affecting the gameplay, I just think they should be separate from the story. I think packing gameplay mechanics with RP and character identity is a terrible idea. Make them two separate choices that both matter in their own way and suddenly you have a far diverse spectrum of options, instead of one big bulky package of everythnig mixed together with no choices further down the line.

1 Like

Maybe try just memorizing this:

“I enjoy X covenant and won’t be switching.”

1 Like

I think players want story choices to matter. The problem is tying power into it. If covenants were just lore, RP, mog, mounts, etc. Most people wouldn’t have complained about them being permanent.

Outside of your ego, I’ve yet to see one good argument as to why they should not be locked.

whats pulltheripcord?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/covenant-system-design-flaws-discussion/611673
Here you go. Also, disagreeing with an argument doesn’t make it a bad argument.

Yeah, consequences for choices are hard… everything should be as easy as possible. Personally, I am still holding out for a 1 button dps rotation class. That is when WoW will really shine.

Let’s see:
Fun, that would be the first and really best reason. Freedom of choice lets people play however they want. If they want to follow “the meta” then why should they be punished for it? I’d like to use different covenants abilities in the open world then switch for dungeons or raids. That’s fun. Restriction is not.

Now why are you for locking them again?
Is it:
A. Spite
B. Your feelings
C. You think it’ll stick it to the top players of this game

3 Likes

D: meAnInGful ChoICe

2 Likes

Heaven forbid lol :smiley:

Let me ask you… Say a new world war breaks out… And it’s like America vs China… you’re sided with one side and the other side has a better weapon you’d like to use more. Do you really think the other side would willingly let you use their weapon against them? No… When you pick a covenant then you get their weapons and abilities… why would the other covenants teach you their spells to use against them? That’s idiotic. Complaining about not letting you use the others is the samething as complaining the other countries don’t teach everyone their secrets.

What about it is meaningful though? In the story we will go help the others so its not like we are at war, we even get the powers while lvling.

The covenants aren’t at war though.

You mean a thread based around FEAR? The entire discussion and the movement itself is based all around either fear or greed, both being emotions. Emotions are ego, so again, give me a good argument not based on emotions. Every system has at least one flaw, there is no getting around that.

Every single paragraph in that entire discussion is an ego or fear related topic. Either an ego one based around your feelings or it is fear, again based off of feelings. Feelings are NOT logical and always subjective to the person.

The covenants aren’t at war with each other though. Your example just crumbles once you know this.

Of course, it would impact me. I will have to change covenants all the time depending on what activities I will be doing…

Fun is subjective and feelings based. Not a logical argument there, as what’s fun for you might not be fun for me. So, again, stop trying with this feelings bs. I don’t care about your feelings. I care about your logic. This is blizzard’s game, not yours, and their logic is what dictates how we play this game. Their vision, not yours. No, you pay for a game, not pay to control the game. Get over that ego.

I am a customer too, and I will tell you right to your face, no you don’t deserve better service than any other customer who pays to play this game, regardless of your standings.

How about because it’s what they wanted to do. How about it’s because it’s what I want them to do. If you cannot accept this, then quit the game for the expansion and come back next expansion.

This argument can be used to support practically anything that increases player choice. Personally, I am not even sure we needed unpruning of abilities. I have enough key binds already. Having to switch Covenant abilities before every encounter is an extra level of complexity that I don’t thing this game needs.

Bro step away for a minute. You are getting way to worked up over this.

Why can’t I change my race and class freely and name too? Why can’t I level to 200 while everyone else is 60? I dunno man it’s just the way it is.