To the people saying 'we don't play horde for racials'

What will people say when the vast majority of Horde xfer to Alliance during WOTLK?

Genuine question.

9 Likes

says the dwarf with stoneform, what a joker

3 Likes

I play Dwarf bc I wish I was Scottish, tyvm.

2 Likes

ā€˜Good, a shame you ruined TBC population balance with your boosts.ā€™

3 Likes

I will still be horde for the furriesā€¦ until cata classic at least.

I have a fairly unique perspective on this - I leveled 5 characters to 60 Alliance-Side on Benediction before Phase 2 was completely over, and started Classic less than 5 minutes after the servers opened on day 1.

Gnome Mage, Gnome Warlock, Human Warrior, Dwarf Priest, Night Elf Druid.

I then ditched my Alliance toons (including Rahorku, my forum poster) after Phase 3 and decided to re-roll Horde for the rest of Classic, and moved to Westfall, a Horde-Minority server to help some IRL friends I knew, and a PvE server. There I found a better home that was more my style (donā€™t PvP much, and to the extent I did it was to either defend myself in open world, or earn gear at 60 for PvE, as well as to fulfill my goal of hitting exalted with every faction in the game, which includes the battleground ones).

There I made a Tauren Druid and an Undead Priest, who Iā€™ve since moved over to my current home, another PvE server called Mankrik. The Tauren Druid was my new main across the rest of Vanilla Classic until I quit post-Naxx.

Curently Iā€™m leveling a new main, a 56 Blood Elf Mage, and plan to Xfer over my 60 Tauren Druid and 60 Undead Priest from Westfall to Mankrik, and use the boost I bought (Iā€™ve done the max level grind 7 times in Pre-TBC, and going on 8 with my Blood Elf mage) to probably boost a Troll Shaman?

Anyway to that end, as someone who level capped 5 times on Alliance, and is working on his 3rd Horde capped toon (and is looking forward to starting TBC content today or tomorrow on all 3) as well as looking to have 4 total up and running in the next month, I had reasons for playing Horde, as well as Alliance, that had nothing to do with racials.

I did in fact pick my Alliance toons based on order of performance for clas if Iā€™m honest. However for Horde I could have went with a Troll Mage, but didnā€™t, because Iā€™m vein and want to be sexy where possible.

I originally picked a PvP server, as well as Alliance, mostly because I played Exodus back in the day between 2006-2011. But found World PvP unbearable, and wanted to change to a moreā€¦not slow paced, but not a godawful gankfest level of experience either. So I moved to a PvE server, and decided to go to Westfall on Horde Side to be with some IRL friends, and found a home there.

After some time, post-Naxx, I decided to quit to wait for TBC. Now I got back some 3 weeks ago, made a new main on a Horde-Dominant PvE Server, Mankrik, instead of staying on a Horde-Minority Server in Westfall, so that I could have a better TBC experience.

One new main, 2 Server Transfers, and a (to be used) boost later, Iā€™m looking at 4 capped Horde Toons within the next few weeks as well, as I finish leveling my Blood Elf Mage, take my 2 60ā€™s to 70, and boost what is almost certainly gonna be a Shaman, Orc or Troll (probably troll) and then level them to 70 as well.

Again, I donā€™t PvP much, so that was never a consideration. However, I will say that I have found lessā€¦spergish players Horde Side, and while we still do have someā€¦less than competent players here as well, everyone tends to do well enough in Dungeons or Raids. Which wasnā€™t always the case Alliance side.

Those were my reasons anyway, having been through both factions, on multiple characters each. And they really have nothing to do with racials in and of themselves. Iā€™ll almost certainly never play my Alliance toons again, and once we get Faction Changes I plan to move my Warlock Horde-Side, and I plan to main a DK in WoTLK, so look forward to cap-journey #10 before all is said and done, but thatā€™s it really.

2 Likes

I played Horde from 1.4 to 9.0.

Wanna watch me do it again?

Horde is where the Heart is, baby.

5 Likes

Literally most people who I have talked to say they picked Horde because it looks cooler, which is 100% true.

Who would want to pick human, short human, and shorter human in a fantasy MMO?

8 Likes

Those of us that didnā€™t go Orc for racials will stay Orc.

Iā€™m Orc Tauren from WC3. If WotLK happens I look forward to having more alliance to fight against as opposed to the horrid bullying that goes on now.

4 Likes

Not gonna happen.

3 Likes

Every man for himself is really great, but its not worth 25 bucks or whatever the faction change gonna cost if you already have Wotf or hardiness.

And the horde racials are still better for PvE, which is the larger driving force of switching.

Iā€™ll still be raiding as a resto shaman on this toon.

Since I will still be playing Horde I will most likely say ā€œLooks like we have a target rich environmentā€ or something similar.

I have tried playing Alliance some for the chance to queue RBGs in Retail and I donā€™t like it. Always come back to Horde.

This tbh.

My BF got me into WoW and loves Alliance, but I didnā€™t want to play a faction with just humanoids and felt real bland to me. My choices was playing a nelf druid, or a human (or worse, gnome) Warlock.

Warlocks are nasty, gross, things and I think undeads fit them better (Also rolled male undead for maximum gross than the girls 'cause I rolled on an rp server, I didnā€™t want to find out if my server was gonna be full of degens like Moonguard on retail.)

Id roll 1 ally char if I could on my home server for a Draenei as theyā€™re cute, and weā€™re not getting Worgen 'cause itā€™s Cata, so goats and undeads is bis.

news flash, thereā€™s going to be a boos with wrath classicā€¦

orc tauren?? picture that mateā€¦ an orc going to town on a cowā€¦ or worse a cow going to town on an orc. your in game parents were frisky.

1 Like

Dude are you dumb?

I have mained Orc since Warcraft 2 battle.net edition in 1999. Never have I been alliance because your community is a joke.

People are out there like me who generally likes the horde for the horde and nothing else.

I will slaughter alliance in pvp in Wotlk as well.

FOR THE HORDE!!!

2 Likes

The cool kids.

Except for humans, theyā€™re gross.

1 Like