To the folks saying Thrall's family is dead

I just don’t think so. Not only is Thrall EXTREMELY protective of his family, but Aggra is a powerful Shaman herself, probably too powerful to die in an “accident” that would also take out Thrall’s kids (I think they have two, correct me.) The likelihood of something happening to them that resulted in all of their deaths and us not seeing it in a novel / comic / some direct form is relatively slim.

When he responded with “Not far” I believe he was being literal, in the sense of “I knew trouble was coming so they are not here but they are also close enough for me to get to them

If they DO come around and say “Oh yeah, Thrall’s entire family died off screen so he could come back to save the Horde and he was referring to their resting place,” I, for one, would be pretty pissed. I want to say “That would be bad story telling” but I understand that all of BfA has basically been bad story telling, so I am hesitant to actually say it and unsure of what crazy, nonsense arc the writers could go in.

7 Likes

While your reasoning is spot on, we must remember it is the current WoW team driving the story, so…

3 Likes

I think it was pretty clear that Thrall knew what Saurfang was going to tell him once he saw him walk up, and didn’t want to be explicit with what he told him regarding his family.

Also, he was flipping out when he thought Saurfang was followed. He wouldn’t have reacted that way if he didn’t think his family’s safety was now in danger.

7 Likes

They’re definitely still alive, so when the dust is settled, Thrall can be called away again saying “Gotta go, wife Aggra.”

Oh man, that was a bad pun. Sorry everyone.

8 Likes

They can be undead!

:skull:

Thrall’s post WoD story is just being told… a lot of time has transpired. If Thrall’s family is dead, there maybe future cinematic or in-game story that explain what happened to them.

1 Like

Meh…i could careless either way

Don’t apologize for greatness.

Plus it puts Thrall in a position where he has to get them (Nat and Syl) before they get him or turn their attention to his family.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT

HERE IS A GOLD STAR

Blizzard wouldn’t have the guts.

I think Aggra and kids are close by, but not with Thrall. I think Aggra told him to get his head outta the funk, and man up.

It is my belief she left him until he could be a proper proud Orc again. If not for himself or her, then for the children.

I agree. If they were dead I think Thrall would have said so.

If anything happened to them, it was between Legion and BfA because Aggra is at the Shaman class hall and talks about going back to family life after the Legion is all taken care of.

A wonderful pun, +1.

THE REST OF MY POST ESTABLISHES THE CONTEXT OF THAT STATEMENT.

THANK YOU FOR THE GOLD STAR, IT LOOKS FANTASTIC ON MY FRIDGE.

I like the homage / we’re out of ideas so we’ll just use 2000’s gladiator plot. Don’t watch the movie - spoilers for WOW.

1 Like

You might be right but we are in a Christie Golden novel.

There’s nothing wrong with a little homage to a fantastic movie you cretin.