How to make WoW a safer place

At the rate we’re going, with all these changes, we might as well remove all sharp edged weapons and replace them with soft foam swords.

I mean come on.
If there’s no room in this “T” rated game for…

Emotes
Innuendos
Foul language
NPC names
Cosmetics
Mount names
Achievement names
Zone names

Then there’s no room in the game for killing each other.

41 Likes

World of Safespace

25 Likes

We could all have Nerf sword wars.

4 Likes

If we’re still canonically killing people with those soft foam swords, then that would actually be impressive. We’d all be the WoW versions of John Wick.

2 Likes

But I can still chat. So I can post all sorts of slurs and innuendo.

Some of the most racist things I have ever seen were posted in Trade.

So what next, mute everybody?

4 Likes

No not killing, defeating. The foam sword doesn’t kill them.

1 Like

So if I’m whacking a rampaging orc in the face with a foam sword, and he doesn’t die, what’s making him stop?

2 Likes

So I’m wondering if there are any other T rated mmos that has rude emotes, suggestive innuendos, and crude middle school humor.

No one seems to mind about all this stuff being absent from ff14 for example.

Don’t worry. Even with the changes, there is plenty of room for the players to act terrible to each other. The “T” rating is secure.

3 Likes

Someone from a different threads already said they’ve been banned for things they said in a battleground. So I’d be careful

I don’t know why you linked to this in a completely different thread in all honesty. Though it’s Blizzard, I’m not supportive of it, I think this is dumb in all honesty and nothing should have been changed period.

However if Blizzard is going to set themselves on this path, be even handed with it. Don’t make rules apply to some but not to others, at least be consistent otherwise you’re going to make people feel like it’s okay to target them by the company but other people are off limits.

The embarrassment of being hit with a foam sword?

Uh what? FFXIV has storylines that heavily imply these things. Fordola is literally badmouthed by Garleans implying that she slept her way to her position. Also this event is currently being rerun with this cutscene untouched. Just imagine Blizzard having something like this in WoW today. The developers would have a stroke.

9 Likes

Not the point. This is where we are headed. No one allowed to speak.

I’m waiting for Blizzard to change “Naga” to “Lamia”. They changed “The Nicker” because it was used in some dark humor jokes of trade chat. This will probably be chopping blocked soon.

1 Like

New concept for WoW’s next expansion: we are all blobs in a blob universe that do not touch each other.

4 Likes

Dramatic much

1 Like

Safe space. Try asking him politely without hurting his feelings.

2 Likes

Remove the brutosaur mount too. That neck is waaaay too phallic. Every time I go to a mailbox, there it is, flopping about all over the place. Disgusting.

5 Likes

Do you want all MMOs to be the same?