To do at 120 - Island Expeditions? Warfronts?

I’m returning after a break and it seems like there are a lot of fun things to do at 120. Can you help me with a quick list of things I should read up on? I’ve heard of Island Expeditions and Warfronts so I’ll research those and see if they appeal. is there other new content that you can do daily that I am not aware of?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Paishiya,

First off, welcome back! You came back at a wonderful time with 8.3 having been released this week! With 8.3, comes plenty of new activities as well as older ones!

The first thing I would suggest is continuing to work on your Mechagon and Najzatar zones. You already have benthic gear and upgrades from elsewhere, so you don’t need to do it gear wise, but the essences (8.3 has updated ones for corruption purposes), rep and fun items like mounts and pets can be worth it.

Island Expeditions reward a significant amount of azerite power each week you complete the quest, and with the catch up mechanics currently in place, it can help with your neck level. There’s also chances for pets, mounts and other items on the islands themselves or through the dubloon trader. See if you can get into a Mythic group, so you’ll only need to do 3 a week to complete the quest.

The warfronts, especially in heroic mode, can land you some nifty gear. They take a while, unless you have a group that can coordinate. They’re fun too!

Make sure to start your quest line for your legendary cloak. The assaults as you go through it will give you some decent catch up gear, you’ll learn about all the corruption and you’ll begin your visions grind. The horrific visions, once you get to that point, will allow you to upgrade your cloak as you go, which is what you need to do, grinding wise.

The new raid, if you’re interested in that, will open on Tuesday.

Otherwise, you have your other older content which people still do, such as Mythic Keys (season 4 starts Tuesday).

Hopefully that helps you out a bit!

1 Like

Hey, I figured since I have a similar issue I would post in here rather than make a new post. I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed since returning and hitting 120. Everything I do (dungeons, naga zone dailies, etc.) I can’t tell if I am wasting time doing the wrong thing. If my goal is to get geared for mythic dungeons and to a secondary extent become able to fly, what should I be doing? Is gear more or less important then necklace levels?

You’ll get AP for your neck doing most stuff in game, so I wouldn’t worry about actually grinding out levels until you’ve got the rest of your gear to a decent level. Looking at your profile, it looks like you could make use of the trinket reward that you get a bit into the Mechagon questline.

For flying, you’ll need to do lots of World quests for rep. If you’re short on time, prioritize the ones that give AP or have gear upgrades.

Also make sure you’re working on the 8.3 content, particularly your cloak.

1 Like