To all of those who are upset about the PC changes

Im more curious why they are half-azzin the whole “WOKE” angle anyways. Are they seeing what they can get away with, are they just going to continue to swap stuff out every patch.

I mean anyone who’s played this game for a couple months can find a bunch of things far worse then a blurry pic and some random name…

1 Like

id agree, how ever they havnt been taking any action to change the IRL issues. yes they let a few people go, then they pulled in union busters. It shows they dont understand the core issue yet.

1 Like

Infrastructure.

The UC system pumps out people they want working for them. Being based in different states makes it harder to attract candidates they want.

1 Like

I’d say testing the waters.

And seeing what internally makes their people happiest.

As grander changes could be more money. Some fear mog changes. For now I say they are “safe”.

Safe because remesh and retex would be timeconsuming. Fix the battle bras mild to wild…would take time. If they do it right and make it look decent.

I mean they didn’t even remesh for KT who look terrible in many older mogs. The textures are stretched over an improper mesh.

This whole thing isn’t really about the lawsuit at all. In the end, some settlement will be arrived at and that will be that. It is about the perception of their brand. They want to be able to publicize that they are a kinder more sensitive company to potential customers. Companies do this all the time these days.

The devs are literally taking the credit for these changes on twitter. These are things that bothered them and they always wanted to change. There is no conspiracy about the lawsuit, it’s the devs will.

For the record, I find the devs, and their (and some players) use of harassment and assault as a shield for their recent wanton censorship absolutely repugnant.

Good news is the more vocal ones…are limiting options later.

Yes I had this changed. And there go say Far cry devs going we had this dude on a poaching list. Scratch that name.

Since a char named Master Baiter in farcry…lol. Yeah…that be childs play. LOve far cry openers. Like the tibet one. Dude straight up kills a dude then gets mad about blood on his shoes. You mr villain…I like you. I know in 5 minutes this is going to be an interesting time dealing with you.

Then we got the jailor. Are you the villian…or are you one half of the duo right said fred trying to make a comeback?

Right said fred sang I’m too sexy for my shirt…for the young bloods. saves them the google to get the joke.

That judge won’t be ruling on anything within the game, and none of it is even likely to come up. /spit is not relevant to “handsy” managers abusing their female employees, nor is it relevant to lack of equal opportunities to pay or promotions.

In game “harassment,” and I think that word is too strong for a lot of this, is not a part of the in company culture. Players have treated each other poorly in this game (and pretty much every other game and potion of the internet) since long before we knew about any of the allegations. It is a wholly separate issue and not something a judge could even conceivably rule on.

“Our employees did bad stuff, we stopped it and part of our proof is all of this stuff that affects our customers but not our employees that we changed” isn’t an effective court strategy. Blizzard isn’t going to fail in court when the judge notices one of the /joke emotes might be too risque, and he isn’t going to treat them more gently over their managers forcing themselves on female employees just because /spit has been removed.

Judge: I see you didn’t remove an emote that makes the character fart. Guilty! 999 years in prison!!!
Blizzard: At least I didn’t get life…

1 Like

but also, the times the are a changin’, and people have to see that these measures will be taken probably not only in this game but in other MMOs as well

I think it’s because the idea that changing a few pixels in the game would make a judge think anything about their character as a company had improved is baffling to most reasonable people.
Heck, I think the idea that changing anything would act to mitigate damages for past actions is baffling to a large number of people, even if they want those changes to occur.

There’s no other environment where you can get off with a lighter sentence because you’ve tried to be on better behavior post getting caught.
If I stab someone, I don’t get a lighter sentence because after the cops catch me I get rid of my knife collection.

…you are only proving that the changes are necessary with your crazy posts.

I would agree with you but in all honesty changing all this stuff brings in news of them doing so. Do you think the judge won’t have that information due to them changing it? This won’t help them at all…

Why wouldn’t it help them? The judge can see that they’re making an effort to change.

Because that won’t change anything what happened and happens in the real world at their workplace… they are changing minor things in a videogame…

Is’nt that called “mitigating factors” or something?

Sorry, the judge won’t give a :poop: about in game changes.

It’s probably actually just because no large company wants to be perceived by the general public (or their own employees) as a company that doesn’t respect women

I really don’t care if it’s a cynical PR thing because none of the changes make the game worse and some of them slightly improve it, plus I like how butthurt all of the worst people are getting over this

Damage control… mitigation of all the recent fallout.

Truth is, even literary and scientific works need constant revisions.

WoW is getting to the point being so old that it’s jokes are either inappropriate for the modern audience, falling on deaf ears, or being misunderstood.

I think you’re extremely sensitive and hyperbolic.

1 Like