To all of those who are upset about the PC changes

All of the offenders “stepped-down”, they hired a new diverse leadership team, and they commissioned an outside company to review their internal policies…

They are never going to admit guilt…so that’s about as good as we can hope for (at least with what is available publicly)

“The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers”.

• William Shakespeare

Henry IV, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2

Oh no a Dev posted on their twitter that they did these changes for themselves even the Blue post when you hit view full article and read says that game play changes were based of of player feed back and the changes being made to non game play are due to internal employee feedback .

The ideas are not mutually exclusive:

Lawyers: We need to change our work culture to be more inclusive for all employees

Managers: Employees, figure out what you want changed and fix it

Employees: OK!

Lawyers: Good job. Management has now listened to employee concerns and taken steps to change the workplace culture

1 Like

I don’t think the judge cares about a pixelated picture of a woman in armor being turned into a cornucopia…

But they will care that one (or more) employees and/or customers identified it as being an issue and that the company took steps to fix it.

Specifically this line:

“In early August, we set up internal channels where the WoW team could share feedback on content that doesn’t represent who we are as a team today.”

No. I don’t think so, my friend.

One employee has an issue of a woman in full armor…but doesn’t have an issue of goblins in bikinis that show cleavage?

Double standard. Hell, no standards.

And why this one painting in a house that nobody visits or is attached to any quests?

I hate that I have to explain this to you…but one of those is a fictional monsters and the other is representative of real life.

But, I’m going to guess they will eventually change the goblin poster as well.

Both are representative of “real life.”

One woman is fully clothed, lying down.

The other woman is half naked with cleavage showing.

Why change the more modest picture?

Because, as I said before, it was likely identified by one (or more) employees/players as being an issue. If no one complained about an specific item…it isn’t an issue.

When a company is going through a huge inclusion/harassment crisis, a single employee complaint can make a huge difference.

But maybe if people keep spamming the forums about it, the fictional monster poster will get enough attention to be removed as well.

That “one” employee had to have scoured the game for hours on end to even discover that picture.

No clue.

I’m not sure what you are trying to achieve with your argument. The offending picture is never coming back, so providing additional examples of similarly “offensive” material as justification will only result in more things being removed from the game. For example, you have now told Blizz that you find the goblin picture more offensive than other material they have already removed.

1 Like

dare i add “Washington lawyer types” to the list?

We know what direction they’re heading to and that’s where they usually will loses money. We don’t want that and know what’s the problem with Warcraft and we been pointing it out for long time. They’re more focus of censoring and adding unnecessary things into their games just to pleases a small percent crowd. What they’re doing is not scoring any points or being redeemed. They looked weak and desperate. Bottom line here, don’t fix what wasn’t broken.

My guess would be because they don’t actually care about the “woke” BS, much like the rest of the world.

1 Like

I think you are right. They are only “woke” to a point.
Apparently it is not okay to have an NPC named Mc*** in game but it is totally fine to sell Mc*** stuff in the Blizzard gear store. Don’t want to be so “woke” that you miss out on making some bucks - right??

welcome to game rating t for teen and higher.

…also, i might swipe those words. sounds like it’d be a potentially good gamertag. ‘offensive pixels’ has a ring to it.

1 Like

yeah, look into them.

Are we canceling law firms now because of their past clients?

But I read on the internet that wokeness and SJWs are the biggest threat to…everything!