Titles - Why not Account wide for all?

I think those can apply to any class/character because any class can join any covenant. Once a player has earned the title on one character, they should be able to apply it to any character (though it might be restricted by level, like many expansion titles).

though not liked, I can understand why and I don’t mind restriction by level. But yes, I’ve read that Covenant titles are restricted to that PC, which makes me salty and made me think of this post.

1 Like

Yeah, this seems wrong. All characters of the same class on an account that has earned a class hall title should be able to use the title.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s dumb, too. But I think Blizzard likes these types of restrictions because it forces a player to invest more time in earning a title if they want it on another character.

2 Likes

No. We need less account-wide stuff than we already have. This genre has character progression and power progression, we need much more character progression than we currently have.

4 Likes

I don’t agree with you (at least specifically for titles), but rock on. I respect your opinion.

2 Likes

I’m all for all titles account wide but I’m not the immersed type. My characters don’t do anything, they are an avatar of myself doing the work.

3 Likes

yeah this is probably me too. This is probably why I disagree with Yesuna. I don’t know if she is or not, but RPG realm players (or just lore players in general) would probably be more against this. The funny thing is I am a STORY based player as I love the story, but I am not an immerse myself player as you stated.

But also to re-address my point: I am specifically talking about titles, because I think I see them as similar-enough to transmog (as I implied in my original posting).

Some titles shouldn’t be, like the class specific ones, but there are some that currently aren’t but need to be, Veteran of the 4th War, and of the Shattered Sun need to be. I did all the campaign once for the former, and did the rep grind and paid the 1k for the latter, make them account wide already.

2 Likes

Anything not class specific should be account-wide considering gladiator currently is. That includes Mistwalker and RBG titles too. No reason for any of them not to be if they are gonna let you use the gladiator title on alts.

4 Likes

Yep, after I got Exalted with the mushroom and got the “Fun Gal” title, my druid was al excited to trade in his Crazy Cat Man title for being a “fun guy” - but alas, that would require grinding that rep all over again, along with the Anima needed to power it… and like many things in this expansion, that feels like being asked to walk over broken glass with the promise of a glass of water at the end.

My Auds are a team, a family, they help each other out and they all benefit from what their siblings do. The game demanding that they all do the same stuff over again for rewards already earned… well, some may use the excuse that it’s “RP” or whatever, but it just seems like more meaningless gating and grind to me.

1 Like

I wish the level 60 era First Sargent title could be rescued from my retired priest. :sob:

3 Likes

In general I like the idea of earning titles on the character that wears them. It gives weight to the title. But I wish they would be more consistent.

Some titles are fun, and should be account wide - fun guy/gal, abominable, for example. These don’t make sense to be so restricted.

On the other hand, we have “the Kingslayer” which is account wide and should not be. If you want to be known as a king slayer, you should have to go slay a king.

1 Like

I think more things should be account wide

2 Likes

I’d like the class hall titles to be account wide. My hordes ground it all out when Legion was live, I even got every single mount and my alliance alts can use those, but not the titles. Pretty lame.

1 Like

be nice if i could use my high warlord title on my current main

That argument always irks me. The character didnt do it…i did. Not my druid, rogue or shaman…I achieved it and I want to use it on my account.
When my characters become sentient and start paying their portion of the monthly sub…then maybe Ill recognise them as individuals. Until then, I am the only one doing anything on my account.
The classes all basically play the same these days anyway. It isnt like one is so much harder or easier than another to justify locking titles.

1 Like

Agree. Nearly done with balance of power on this rogue, and I legit never want to do it again.

Cool experience because I didn’t play legion, but making it character specific is actually trolling at this point

Class Titles are also account wide, they’re just class restricted.

If you create a Paladin and earn the Highlord title by doing Legion content, then level an entirely new Paladin in BFA content, that Paladin will earn the Highlord title when they reach the appropriate level (which is 45).

Nothing wrong with that. Class titles should remain unique to those classes.

cmon blizz its been like a lot of years

I want to use my Mistwalker title on ANYTHING but my hunter that I never play.

It’s one of my favorite titles because I was really into challenge modes back in MoP. Can only use it on one character…

1 Like