Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

You should be looking at Archimonde, but yeah Blackhand was an anomaly for the Draenor expansion. Also, I think it is great more people can get AoTC and CE due to Titanforging.

You’re right, it’s longer than that for the rotation, I’m very roughly ballparking it and giving them the best possible case scenario and their position is still ludicrous.

I think the real point is that casual players shouldn’t be getting mythic titanforged/warforged gear to begin with, regardless of the amount of pieces.

Mythic gear should be reserved for players that have put in the time and effort to clear the hardest content the game has to offer, not people like me that enjoy mount/pet collecting and transmogs over raiding.

2 Likes

^ This. I don’t know why this couldn’t be done to begin with.

1 Like

That story took a 180

4 Likes

Hi Bland! Yeah, more people get it now but it is not a

percentage.

The small rat must win 30% of the time, rats play fair. We don’t have the RNG rats need not to quit.

Rats play fair Jordan Peterson.

squeek squeek

1 Like

no maybe about it, u are being salty. who really cares about it? get over it, they are not being removed.

It doesn’t matter if we use Archimonde or Blackhand, the achievements are for the current patch only so each patch is as relevant as itself.

Archimonde is 25% which is also taking into account the runs by Perky Pugs and also paid runs for the Grove Warden mount, which affects it’s records making it an outlier. These people didn’t earn Ahead of the Curve and mostly only killed Archimonde from a cleared run.

The same can be said for Friendship birb. These outliers don’t affect the values of kills like Xavius, Helya, Guldan, and G’huun which are all significantly higher than the past AoTC achievement rates.

Except it is a percentage.

Shouldn’t is just an opinion. It’s one the developers explicitly don’t share. They could easily choose to cap it. They don’t. You can argue why you feel it shouldn’t, but I’m sure those arguments have already been made in this thread.

And more importantly, I have had 0 pieces of gear forge on any of my toons, whether I do M+ or raid on that toon, to mythic levels. I’ve seen one person get a 420 ilvl piece and that was from a weekly mythic+ chest that was probably in the 7-8ish range. The actual impact of forging is rather insignificant. I haven’t seen a single player where forging accounted for more than a few ilvl in total even if they got a rare +20 piece that was also good stats for them.

As has been pointed out several times, it’s not just forging. It’s 385 emissary quests. It’s 400 ilvl warfront rewards. It’s 385/400 weekly quest rewards. It’s 400 ilvl world bosses. Basically anything that gives people who don’t do organized group content progression is something people are complaining about here.

25%

Yeah, a percentage but not content breaking! :slight_smile:

My mistake, I obviously recalled it wrong. Amended to clarify.

I was referring to the emissary and incursion gear, which scales up to Heroic level about half way through the current raid. At least if they follow the model they did with Uldir, which iirc is what is planned. When you add that plus warfronts, Heroic ilvl is just the new baseline.

Imo, there’s no reason a raid should go obsolete halfway through its lifespan, release the catch up gear after there’s new content to catch up to.

And before someone calls me an elitist who just hates other people having gear

What? Emissary gear doesn’t scale up to heroic, it’s 385 the same as normal. Invasions don’t scale up to normal, it’s 370 the same as LFR. Where did you read they were planning to do another increase to the ilvl of the rewards from these halfway through the tier? Because I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Edit: Wait, that conversation was with someone else, my apologies. If it’s what I’m guessing it is, that’s just a lot of erroneous assumptions you’re working with. They did not increase loot “mid uldir” they released 8.1 with BD and held off on opening BD due to the holidays. Blizzard has communicated with us about this issue in detail.

As I’ve said before, my issue isn’t necessarily gear anyways. It’s people who do indeed do every form of content, even if they don’t want to do it, because it maximizes their performance in that content. I.E. raiders doing all WQs, warfronts, world bosses, island expeditions, etc.

If you ever want me on board, no lyfers cannot out-perform people who are better, and in a game like this where gear is 95% of the power, you can’t have this loot.

I do understand the elitism “why should you” side tho.

1 Like

The ultimate goal should be to have fun playing the game, that goal post doesn’t move. That can mean a lot of things to different people but I think if someone’s fun is hampered by WF/TF then they may need to take a step back, ask themselves why they enjoyed the game in the first place and if they still enjoy the game or if they’re playing for some other reason.

Stats are a means to an end. Titanforged gear can make things go a bit quicker but it isn’t necessary to accomplish anything in the game.

Side note: I find it interesting that you read “unhealthy” obsession when I very purposefully didn’t phrase it that way.

The health of the game I was talking about is simple: the benefit of having the chance to get an upgrade while doing content “beneath” you (whether that’s WQs or tagging along to help a friend with a raid you outgear) far outweighs the negative of not being able to attain true BiS.

1 Like

Obviously fun is the important factor in any game, but it’s highly subjective for a lot of people. However it is evident that some (not necessarily all) of that fun is from being able to progress one’s character, which in my opinion WF/TF impedes.

That said we were only looking at a sample of the impact of WF/TF by only referring to BiS.
In this manner, since we are talking about gear exclusively the goal is making your character stronger, taking away an end point reduces the value of progression because you aren’t realistically getting any closer to a destination, you are trudging a long on a treadmill.

And I’m not sure about you, but when I go for a walk or a run, I prefer to watch the scenery change as I work my way towards the peak of a mountain or hill, not stare at the same wall in front of a treadmill not moving anywhere.

Side note: You didn’t phase it that way, but you did say “obsession” which is inherently “unhealthy”.

I think that is personal opinion, taking into account only those two facts, not attaining BiS and chance to get an upgrade when doing content “beneath” you, I would totally agree with you that it is beneficial.
Except that’s not only how WF/TF works, it’s ignoring other principles that are in play. Ones that I personally believe contribute to it being more harmful than beneficial.

2 Likes