Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

Well of course people remember the experiences and the people they did content with but they also remember the gear and now that part of the equation is gone. Guess which of those three pieces blizzard has the most control over. You’re gonna need one heck of a better argument than that.

1 Like

Really thinking hard of what other ways you can white knight, huh?

2 Likes

Throughout neither Legion nor BfA no one made that argument in anything I had read in any of the complaint threads about forging or item progression until Preach made it recently, and now it’s getting vomited all over the place. I’m just laughing about that simple fact. If you want an argument, I’ve made plenty of those that you’re intentionally glossing over.

Edit: lol, I started a response and my timewalking queue popped. But if you’re going to switch from mildly snarky to harassment I don’t mind reporting and moving on.

No point in arguing. He often presents arguments with no facts even though hes quick to ask for sources from others. And once you destroy his arguments he will insult you and call you a troll or something else so as to dismiss your argument. He’s toxic and youd be best just to ignore him and move on

1 Like

When are we getting something better than Titanforging? Like Azeriteoforging? Something linked to our neck or something.

1 Like

I propose “Koboldforging”. where items looted have a chance to downgrade in ilvl.

This way you wont feel bad when you dont get a TF. you will just be happy you didn’t get a KF

5 Likes

This has probably been said, but as someone who can really only do the occasional Mythic+ a couple times a week, and maybe emissaries, I wish I had somewhat more control over warforging and titanforging. However, I know that will never be the case.

I occasionally pop into a friend’s raid when I can or they need the numbers. But if I could have a currency like the Titan Residuum (Valor Points) available to increase my gear’s item level by +2 and +4 (still lower than a warforge, like in Mists of Pandaria) it might help ease the constant agony of wondering if you’re going to get a warforged piece. Having a ceiling is a must with gear. Relying on Titanforging for that ceiling is dreadful.

2 Likes

lol such an enjoyable prospect.
"BiS!!
Checks item
“AAHHHHHH CRAPPPP!!!”

2 Likes

“BiS!!”
checks item
“OMG, SWEET, IT DIDNT KF!”

I think im onto something.

2 Likes

You and a guildie get the same drop from a progression boss. They get a TF +25, you check yours…KF. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

2 Likes

I know this is nitpicking, but you technically don’t have to raid to get raid items, you can potentially get them from the weekly 4 mythic dungeon/5 timewalking dungeon quests, and can potentially forge from there.

And… you are a moron!

1 Like

I can honestly say, in all my years of playing WoW that in BfA I couldn’t care less about gear. Gear in WoW is so incredibly disposable now that it feels terrible to play. I can’t name a single piece of gear that I’m wearing, and if you wanted me to tell you anything about it beyond “it has this one trait” or “it has a proc” I can’t.
Titanforging, and random sockets are a big part of the disposability problem.

I could elaborate for days about why extra unnecessary layers of RNG (titanforging and random sockets) are detrimental to the game, but I don’t have any faith in Blizzard to hear and act upon feedback.

2 Likes

Leech is actually prioritized extremely highly for healers, since it also procs off of healing done. Free sort of “mini” Beacon of Light on yourself that doesn’t cost mana? You’ll actually in some cases (notably for rings) take an ilevel hit if something forges with Leech and the new item doesn’t have it. I’d argue it’s a great stat to have for everyone, but since it doesn’t directly increase DPS on the meters I think DPS don’t tend to value it as highly. Since it directly impacts the HPS meter, which is relevant to competitive healer types, and is fundamentally useful on top of that as a mana save, it scores a lot of points when it comes to stat weights for heals.

2 Likes

Yep he does exactly that. No point in arguing. He can live in his bubble all he wants, apparently it’s quite thick.

Imo, being upset at WF/TF makes as much sense as getting angry at someone else winning the lottery.

However, I can understand a little where the complainers come from. They want a way of controlling their “luck”, instead of being totally at RNGesus’ mercy.

I’ve proposed a few months ago to replace the current WF/TF system with a score-based bad luck protection. Every no loot boss kill, no wf/tf meaningful drop (like emissaries) and fail extra roll would award you points. This way, someone who does more activities would be “luckier”.
Whenever you would have X points, you could “activate it” for a guaranteed wf/tf/drop. The extra levels awarded/extra stat/socket would still be random or influenced by how many points you are spending. I even named it “will of azeroth”.

Great to see the sincere efforts from Bornak to understand different PoVs, so I want to share mine as a casual, mostly solo player, on the gear ilvl from solo activities. This isn’t about TF/WF, which is a completely separate issue. TLDR - solo gear levels at max lvl are 10-30 ilvls too high, especially after post-launch raid tier increases.

I mainly play solo and PUG group content. I’ve only really raided 2 tiers (ICC and Nighthold) with a consistent team, in normal, with some forays into heroic. My personal progression has been questing -> heroic dungeons -> mythic dungeons -> some mythic+ -> late tier normal raid PUGs. It feels rewarding to me to progress through that cadence. That is, until Antorus and BFA. Since Argus opened, I’ve noticed that by doing WQ, WBosses, emissaries and now warfronts, I have reached almost normal raid ilvl w/o ever stepping foot in a raid. Of course this happens over many weeks. However, my casual play would have it take this long doing dungeons, etc. anyway.

This has, for me, completely eliminated heroic dungeons as a rewarding progression activity and almost totally negated mythic 0 dungeons in terms of loot rewards. It even makes normal raiding less rewarding, as 4 or more item slots will already be above normal raid ilvl. And that was the pinnacle of my progression each tier (IF I have time).

I still enjoy the activities, it just feels like I am missing a big part of the journey - like flying from quest to quest instead of using ground mount. Thing is, I don’t want to miss that. I also don’t want to avoid WQ, warfronts, etc. to artificially keep my ilvl lower.

The catch up is too fast, and as a largely solo player, I don’t want it to be that fast. I think it is meant to solve a problem that was big in BC, only it isn’t as harming as it was in BC because there is so much more for people to do outside of racing to raid with friends.

3 Likes

I feel like the biggest problem with TF/WF is that playing harder content doesn’t give you better odds of success. If I do a +18 dungeon I should have better odds of a warforge than someone who did a +10 to get a 425 item. But that’s not how it works. They have the same chance as me. That’s just stupid. You aren’t rewarded for high end game play in BFA…

My ilvl is slowly sliding under other people just because I haven’t gotten as lucky as they have and I’m losing interest in the game… Not that you care Blizzard.

You lose your time dummy… the thing you lose is TIME.

I ran a SOTS with this guy in hopes of getting a conch. He was a complete carry and an awful player but we were close to the end so I kept going. You know what I get… nothing… he gets a +420 conch (he was the tank). I ran it 5-6 more times to get a +400 conch. What are the odds of me being rewarded the same item for his bad game play? Not much… It’s like a 5% chance of me getting the item at all then I have to have it warforge. I could run it 100+ more times and not get it.

In addition to my PoV post as a mostly solo player, I want to point something out that seems lost in much of this thread. There are THREE different issues being discussed. While related, and impacting each other, feedback is much more helpful if we don’t conflate them.

1. Titanforging/Warforging
  2. Item level from solo activities (WQ, WBosses, Warfronts, emissaries, WPVP quests)
  3. Good 'ol RNG

I am seeing a lot of complaints about #1 that are really complaints about #3.

Upset because a raid member got sweet TF loot and you got nothing, even if your contribution was MUCH bigger? That’s an RNG issue, not TF/WF. It’s just more annoying because TF/WF also showed up.

It will help a lot if we don’t let our frustrations with all of the issues combined muddle our feedback.

2 Likes