Titanforging and Warforging make me upset

I think you’re right - you are being salty.

I could get upset that my alts got lucky with not only drops, but also forging, and have a better ilvl than my main. I could get upset that the guy who fails every mechanic on every boss for a raid gets a 420 item with a socket.

Instead, I just focus on when I get lucky and receive the “bonus”.

You’re also correct in that there is no more sense of best in slot - THIS IS THE POINT.

If I all of a sudden had all of the best in slot gear - I likely wouldn’t play that character any more until the next tier. I’d rather take an alt that will have a shot at an upgrade when I invest time into playing this game. But if I have a shot at an ilvl/socket upgrade - all of a sudden I have an influence to playing on that first character.

At the end of the day - you don’t need full BiS AND fully forged gear to clear all content. The world 1st’s have cleared mythic raids with just above Heroic gear. Anything else is just a bonus.

This bonus won’t make or break the game for you or your guild - therefore, it really doesn’t matter at the end of the day. The changes it provides are marginal.

The reason why it’s ever a “big deal” is as you said - you’re being salty. You’re letting emotion and envy get to you.

1 Like

Here is why it’s worth making a change to the system:

Last week I received a pair of 415 gloves that were a performance downgrade to my 410 titanforged gloves with a socket. I’m not able to use the 415 ilvl gloves because they are a minor downgrade, I can’t trade the gloves because the ilvl is too high, and I don’t want to scrap them because I want to be able to trade gear in future. To have any hope of replacing this 410 item and I need to pray for the right drop on the right boss and hope that it also titanforges. Until then I need to hold onto these 415 gloves that don’t make sense to use so that I can trade future loot. (This has also happened with rings, boots, pants all within this tier - it’s not an isolated event)

Objectively for me, these experiences make the game feel worse. I have loot that I can’t use, I can’t destroy and I can’t trade. It’s literally bag clutter from the highest base item level content available in the game.

2 Likes

Just a quick reminder to keep the discussions focused on the topic and how your play experience is impacted. If there is a continued focus on simply arguing directly with others on being right or wrong then I will lock the thread.

Thanks for your understanding and happy Monday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never! I’m just joking.

But I do think that some players need to be addressed on the matter of

I’m all for having conversations with differing viewpoints. What muddies up the whole convo is when people are hellbent on being antagonistic and hold the mindset of “You’re wrong because I say you’re wrong”.

Just my 2 cents but again thanks for the post.

1 Like

I get alot of people trying to prove me wrong all the time, dunno what that’s about.

I find it quite rude.

I may be wrong sometimes too though.

Having differing viewpoints is pretty critical for forum discussions and so we should all be coming here expecting such things to happen. The key word there is discussion and hopefully some level of understanding others in the process. Hopefully. :slight_smile:

1 Like

At what point do we see some actual concessions made by the devs? Or do we continue this back of forth giving the illusion of feedback making a difference?

3 Likes

I agree. Hopefully there’s a lot to take from this thread that’ll be helpful to the game overall in its future.

I’m betting when posters can post constructive feedback in a positive manner instead of negatively or offensive. :thinking:

This entire thread is filled with constructive feedback. Asking if that feedback will be used to make change is a question you have to ask when the conversation has been going on for 4 years.

more of same thing going back in forth for 2100+ comments

Yes, constructive feedback was given, and received by the devs.

Alas, until they change the reward structure OR state their opinion, it means that the devs don’t agree with you.

And since you continue buying and paying for the game, it means you are ok with it.

2 Likes

This is a perfect illustration of how 4 problems all come together to create an unfun game experience.

1. Random sockets
  2. The power level of sockets
  3. Titanforging
  4. Lack of Mater Loot / Inability to trade an item regardless of what you currently have

Imo all of these need to get removed or reworked or else this problem will persist, but honestly TF is the least egregious one here. If sockets are either made standard or reduced in power level then that 5 ilvl boost might out weight the socket depending on what the item is, and if you have master loot back or the ability to trade an item no matter what you currently have then if you get this item that is an ilvl upgrade but not actually a 5 upgrade for your character then you can give it to someone whom it will benefit.

Sockets are set, TF/WF removed. Heck I was okay with having the upgrade system even though it was a pain when I got an item mid raid, but it was no different then a socket or something that required an enchant. Just the way it is. And if they designed the system to remove that hassle, then they’re trying to hard.

this is very rich comming from a group of designers and developers who say things like “you think you do but you don’t” and even today still have this mindset of “I know better than you” with almost every single complained aspect of the game, including but not limited to TF/WF, PvP Vendors and Flying.

Hey, I get that it’s easy to get cynical. I’m sure I’ve done the same. But having played the game for 15 years, I can tell you the devs listen.

Granted, my faith in the company is a little shaken after seeing them fire a bunch of non-devs to replace them with devs. That was, one, a dick thing to do after coming off a year with
 what was it, record profits? and two, completely tone-deaf given the gaming industry in general, and industry in general in general. The cynical among us are convinced Activision wants Blizzard to just keep pumping out games for a quick buck; large corporations are all about following the money, whereas old school Blizzard (and most development shops, before they’re bought out) was about developers following their dreams. But I digress.

Let’s assume for the moment that the people left at Blizzard still want WoW to be a great game. I could give you examples from the past of when they’ve listened to people on the forums, but I’d be reaching way back, and I’m not sure you’d remember.

This isn’t something they’re going to fix or change next week. Probably not even next patch. At best, and I’m not optimistic for this scenario, any changes to loot will probably come out the raid tier after the two-boss raid that’s coming down the pipeline. What is that, 8.2, I guess?

More realistically, it’s going to be an expansion before fundamental changes take place. It’ll be 9.0 before we see non-Personal Loot make its return to guild raids. I would expect 9.0 to be the point at which we see catch-up mechanics finally get fixed, war/titanforging get capped, and Blizzard finally admit to the idea that organized group content should reward higher item level — without exception — than solo or pick-up content.

On the other hand, I think we’ve made some good arguments. If we haven’t, maybe one of us should go to BlizzCon. But I think it’ll happen.

But sometimes they’re right, and sometimes you’re not arguing against the devs, you’re arguing against other players. For example, flying.

When they introduced Flying in Legion, it made the Kirin Tor quests where you fly through the air pretty stupid. And it made the murloc PVP world quest pretty stupid, too, because nobody in their right mind was going to stay on the ground when they could just hover and wait for murlocs to spawn.

And what advantages did flying in Legion give us? Well, not much, really. There were already so many flight points that adding in flying wasn’t all that interesting.

If they don’t introduce flying at all this expansion, I’m okay with that.

thats a very baseless argument.
the only basic argument is that they designed these 2 WQs you mentioned wrong, and not that “oh noes flying ruined them”.
The argument against flying is borderline stupid, you can always reply to it with a “don’t like it, don’t do it”.
Cataclysm leveling, probably the last thing designed before activision took hold, was made with flying on its mind from day 1, and it was still the best leveling experience that I have had in the game.

Sure, there are people who aren’t very intelligent (like the self entitled “anti-flying” people), but those are a very small minority. A vocal one? Sure, but a minority.

You know, I can take any reason you give as to why flying should be in the game and call it baseless and stupid too.

I have a dragon, it has wings and knows how to fly.