Tips regarding tunnel vision?

Hey, I am a returning player, and this time around I decided to be a resto shaman. I really enjoy healing dungeons, and I am doing it decently well, but I notice I have trouble paying attention to both my allies health bars and whats going on in the dungeon, such as needing to avoid certain attacks. Is this something I will learn to do with time, or is there a way to make this simpler? I’d really appreciate some help.

Some of it is just practice, but how your UI is set up will also play a big role.

For a healer, the most important thing is raid frame position. You want it near your character, but not blocking the main action around your character. That generally will mean either on one side of your character, or just below your feet.

It’s also important to pay attention to where your eyeline naturally falls. I had an experience way back in the day where I had a terrible raid night. I kept missing mechanics I’d never had issues with before. Afterwords, I realized I’d changed my computer setup and my monitor was now higher. So, while previously my eyeline was on the action, now it was right on my raid frames below my feet. (I think the solution was to raise the level of my chair in that case.) As demonstrated in that story, I prefer to keep the action around my character where I naturally look, and the important stuff nearby, but still peripheral. That means I default to looking at the world and not the UI.

1 Like

Thanks Udiza, I think with those tips I should get better. I’ve noticed it’s much easier for me to concentrate as a ele shaman, but I really have my heart set on healing. I think with practice I should get the hang of things.

1 Like