Tips for running WOW through external drive

I’m currently playing the game on my HP laptop 14 through an external hard drive. The game is still quite choppy and usually crashes in high player areas. Is there anyway I can increase the performance without having to get a better laptop?

A SSD disk does wonders for loading times.

If you need to play WoW through an external hard drive at least make sure that hard drive is an external SSD. It won’t be as fast as an internal one due to having to connect via USB but it will likely be better than you have.

What are the rest of your specs? You basically just referred to the size of your laptop, not anything else.

Depends what USB connection they use. USB3.2 is 5Gbps, which is nearly as fast as internal SATA3 and Type C over PCI can go even faster than that.

Mind, the true answer to this question is going to depend on the specs of the laptop.

From the sound of this person’s laptop they probably don’t have USB 3 or type C on it. I literally just got one with those features last week.

I can’t say for certain but I wouldn’t think the hard drive / storage would be the cause of your choppiness / crashes. That’s probably more the CPU / GPU or perhaps insufficient memory.