Tinker: A dumb name, For a cool class

is more, Since they mentioned JRPG games, the first thing that came to mind for a Tinker caster style is that but with someone from cast with guns or rocket punch weapons.

https://youtu.be/Hg1EEwAXZgQ?t=13

For Tank a D.va mecha or a Big Robot Gazlowe Hots

And the Heal spec between a Terran medic with Drones and pods heals, well, I said that a while ago.

Warcraft tries very hard to differentiate itself from traditional JRPS. I’d rather not be too derivative of them.

Honestly Clockworth brings up an excellent point. Silliness for Silliness’s sake.

1 Like

Technomacer sounds like a mage who uses magic tech, and WoW already has that. They’re called Artificers.

However, despite how it differed, it did not come out of trying to make a kind of JRPG style from Warcraft 3, as is the case of:

• the Samurai-like Blademasters
  • The human or elf sorceresses with a similar anime magical girl style
  • The night elfs buildinds with a Japanese design but not to forget the bikini armor :bikini: that they used.
  • and this epic cinematic only in the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB82pF_64mw

Let’s not forget the styling they did in some WoW Vanilla skins, and some of the TBC lore and better styling to the Belfs that the night elfs now envy.

And despite it having a Chinese MoP look, blizzard took a moment to do something that JRPG stories and some anime style (not like SAO) have epic that we still see all the time.

That is why WoW never differed far from the JRPG, and let’s not forget a large majority of Bosses in BfA with a KAME-KAME-HA like Jaina or Nya’lotha bosses or Vexiona Big adds or Gul’dan first phase in Legion.

and it’s also a good reason to see a better version of the Tinker in which it is much more op, and worse in time than the DH in this pre-patch is very nerfed.

Still. Warcraft remains Distinctly Warcraft.

And the common use of Technology in the Warcraft Universe is very Grungy and Rough.
Lots of Checkerboard paint, and over-the-top Guns and Shredders. If anything it remains closer to the Warhammer 40k Universe in terms of its Technology.

As such, putting an eastern swing on a western class seems out of touch. When it’s clearly closer to the Adeptus mechanicus or the Orks from Warhammer.

Putting a Distinctly Eastern spin on western fantasy seems more of Final Fantasies Gimmick. Not WoW.

in fact all of Warcraft and Starcraft has reference to Warhammer 40000, do not forget the gigantic shoulder pads of the paladins and Terrans marines like Warhammer Space marines That’s why WoW and Warcraft 3 added some JRPG or anime and it seemed good to me, as well as the tinker has a better look without being only gnomes and goblins…

What’s more, you want another name, I didn’t want to use it because in Spanish it’s funnier than here.

And it is Techpriest Enginseer, you see… it’s very funny, and that’s why a keep with Tinker first…

“Tinker” is a better name than something distinctly Not Warcraft.

In my mind Tinker is crude, dangerous and over the top. Just look at Rocket Barrage, it looks like it hits everything but the target. Tinker tech looks so unreliable and may just as well kill the Tinker just as easily as their target. Look at the Goblin heritage armor (totally Tinker themed), it has a shoulder rocket launcher that in reality, would most likely melt the goblin’s face off, if he/she ever used it. Haha!

I can’t think of a class that I would enjoy and laugh at, as much as I would with Tinker. Especially if the Tinker content really focused on Gnome/Goblin rivalries, where every aspect was them trying to one up each other. Who can make the better looking and faster hot rod (Tinker mount) or the more powerful mech suit. I can even picture our death being hilarious, exploding out of our mechs, upon destruction.

Oh! New Mech ability

Eject
Hitting Eject (icon looks like a big red button) will launch the Tinker way up in the air then deploying a parachute while also causing the Mech to self-destruct, causing a powerful explosion.

So many possibilities

1 Like

Give them this instead of cheat death. Like Mogul razdunk.

1 Like

Nahh people are too busy screaming for Necromancer when we already have DK’s and Warlocks.

Makes sense right??

1 Like

Not in the Slightest. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why ask for Necros when we could have something unique to Warcraft?

Besides we already have a Necromancer. Unholy DK can use Zombies, Skeletons, Skeleton mages and Archers.

silver blue for me. go space wolves

Because majority of the WoW playerbase wants what they want, however miniscule it might be. I support tinker because it is at least something different.

1 Like

My opinion: stop trying to advocate for more classes when currently not all classes are even getting attention for months at a time.

Well quite a few folks don’t like the class idea cause they prefer dark edgy classes like dark rangers or necromancers . . . So in accordance with this theme we should call em something grimdark to win them over

Something liiiiiike . . . Edgeneers or Dark Tinkerers . . . Or the Adeptus Mechanicus

4 Likes

Classes don’t receive constant attention and care in this game.

it’s been 16 years, and that has never been the case. WoW has never been balanced. The devs do 1 big Balance patch every expansion.

We Didn’t get a new class in BFA and it was an unbalanced wreck.

Do you really, honestly think it will suddenly be different for no reason?
Definition of Insanity, my friend

2 Likes

Should I link the monk beta thread? Lot of feedback there, and a lot of crickets from Blizzard.

I’m not asking for constant attention, I’m saying that they already have more than enough on their plate.

Stealth ‘burning’, interdasting. One spec doesn’t make a class. And only one to two tanks can be part of a group, depending on what content you’re going into. Nothing else to say to you, gave my piece.

1 Like

Don’t even talk to me. I’m on that thread. I’ve been there since the Alpha for Shadowlands. I main monk.

I just don’t lie to myself. I don’t expect blizzard to change.
New classes don’t mean anything for balance. Balance is not blizzard’s priority and never will be.

It’s perfect. :heart_eyes:

I’ll do you one better. I’ll link YOU The monk thread.
4th post from the top.
I’m there.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-monk-class-changes/490702

Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
adding a new class does not affect class balance.

2 Likes

Mongaloid can confirm this is burn.

1 Like

In Retrospect, I think Tinkers, or Tinkerers would be a fine name.
It’s goofy and fits with the universe.

I think Technician is a good replacement in case we have to appeal to the edgelords.

And I will never forget Edgeneers.

1 Like