Timewalking BiS gearing

These used to work btw. I had a beast set for each spec, I went back and farmed the best tier pieces possible for max dps. I miss those days.

1 Like

After searching more, i decided to post a group of interesting items for all specs. I hope you enjoy.
P.S.: Remember from which expansions these items are from. An item from Wrath of the Lich King will be optimal for The Burning Crusade and WotLK Timewalking, but won’t be very good in Cataclysm and far less in Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor.

Weapons:
The Twin Blades of Azzinoth (TBC Legendary) - These items only have a single secondary stat instead of two; and the Agility bonus is severely underwhelming. Still, the haste proc and bonus attack power against demons from the set bonuses are still working.

Shadowmourne (3 sockets - WotLK Legendary) - Strength DPS

Val’anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings (WotLK Legendary) - Healer

Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest (3 sockets - Cata Legendary) - Spell DPS - The on equip proc is almost useless now, but the three sockets bonuses are still wonderful.

Kiril, Fury of Beast (Dragon Soul Deathwing) - Agility polearm. On equip, your melee and ranged attacks have a chance to trigger Fury of the Beast for 20 seconds, granting 5 Agility and 10% increased size every 1 sec, stacking a maximum of 10 times. No kidding, this weapon turns the character into a giant!

Fangs of the Father Set (2 Sockets - Cata Legendary) - Rogue-only set. As far as i searched, the set bonus proc is now considered legacy and, therefore, isn’t working, which is a major let down for Rogues. I can only hope Blizzard changes that in the future.

Necklace:
Prizerock Neckband (3 sockets - Legion Archaeology) - This is the only necklace in game with three sockets, and also with a nice bonus to all 4 secondary stats. It is the reward after completing the Highmountain archaeology quest chain beginning with the quest A New Lead, which is only available for 2 weeks every 6 months thanks to Legion archaeology special quests rotation.
Right now, the Heart of Azeroth is always better than Prizerock Neckband, thanks to Azerite Traits and Essences. But, as an artifact item, it will lose its powers once the next expansion, Shadowlands, starts. By then, both these items will be close contenders for best necklace.
Other guides also include Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Protector and Strength of the Heavens for Strength specs, Quadra-Head Brooch and Necklace of the Deep for Agility specs, Flowform Choker and Soul Prism of Lei Shen for Intellect specs.

Shoulder:
Tusks of Mannoroth (3 Sockets - SoO Garrosh) - A Strength shoulder item with three sockets instead of two. It can only be looted by Warriors, Paladins and Death Knights in heroic and mythic Siege and Orgrimmar, but the drop rate is bellow 1%, making it as rare as a mount drop. It can also be bought in the Black Market Auction House for the starting bid of 1.111.111 gold.

Rings:
Ashen Band of Endless Courage/Destruction/Vengeance/Might/Wisdom - a reward from The Ashen Verdict reputation from WotLK. The ring has five variants for Tank, Spell DPS, Agility DPS, Strength DPS and Healer. Each one has a proc chance that increases armor (for Tanks), spell power (for Spell DPS and healers) and attack power (for Strength and Agility DPS).

Jeweled Signet of Melandrus (Court of Stars Melandrus) - On equip, increases your autoattack damage by 10%. It can also drop from Relinquished Rings, sold by Thaumaturge Vashreen.

Gnawed Thumb Ring (The Arcway Ivanyr) - On use, increases your healing and magic damage done by 5% for 12 sec. (3 Min Cooldown)

Ring of Collapsing Futures (Return to Karazhan Viz’aduum the Watcher) - On use, deals 499 Shadow damage to an enemy. It has a 15 seconds cooldown, but it also gives you a debuff called Temptation for 30 seconds. Activating the ring again before the debuff expires may increase the cooldown to 5 minutes. Ideally, it can be macro’d into an ability with a 30 second cooldown.

Mechagon Rings (Operation Mechagon HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit & Head Machinist Sparkflux) - Shorting Bit Band and Rebooting Bit Band scale very well in Timewalking. As a matter of fact, as they are now, they are basically broken overpowered. As long as one uses a Logic Loop ring to consistently trigger their effects, they should account for 20-30% of DPS or 50% of Healing. So, it is better to use them before Blizzard decides to nerf them.
P.S.: Shorting Bit Band effect only damages enemies around 5 yards of the player, which makes it only useful for melee classes or ranged DPS positioning in melee range.

Trinkets:
P.S.: remember that trinkets from Warlords of Draenor, Legion and Battle for Azeroth may be looted with a socket, which is always a good bonus for Timewalking.
Also, i can only suppose that Battle for Azeroth trinkets such as Ashvane’s Razor Coral and Vigilant’s Bloodshaper may be viable or even strong in Timewalking. But, since there are no indications of that in multiple guides, i am picking trinkets from former expansions.

Good for all specs
Chipped Soul Prism (WoD World boss Kazzak) - This item scales really well in Timewalking. It has all four secondary stats, slightly below an Unstable Arcanocrystal; but it also has a significant bonus for Agility/Strength/Intellect. It basically is equivalent to an Arcanocrystal with 2-3 sockets!

Ghost Iron Dragonling (MoP Engineering) - A customizable trinket with 3 Cogwheel Sockets. It also has a chance to summon a Ghost Iron Dragonling to fight with you for 20 seconds.

Umbral Moonglaives (Tomb of Sargeras Sisters of the Moon) - Exceptional for AoE situations, except for the cooldown. On use, conjure a storm of glaives at your location, causing 334 Arcane damage every 1 sec to nearby enemies. After 8 sec the glaives shatter, causing another 835 Arcane damage to enemies in the area. (1 Min, 30 Sec Cooldown)

Strenght and Agility DPS
Physical DPS really have it good. Too many options to pick, even some indications i did not include, such as Bone-Link Fetish, Evergaze Arcane Idolon, Blast Furnace Door, Anzu’s Cursed Plume and Tyrant’s Decree.

Tiny Abomination in a Jar (Icecrown Citadel Professor Putricide) - On equip, your melee attacks have a chance to grant you a Mote of Anger. When you reach 8 Motes of Anger, they will release, causing you to instantly attack for 50% weapon damage with one of your melee weapons.
This video demonstrates how strong this trinket can be: https://youtu.be/IlbWDnjuPnI (although i really don’t know if it is still as good as it was back in 2016)

Deathbringer’s Will (Icecrown Citadel Deathbringer Saurfang) - your attacks have a chance to transform you in one of the races of Northrend (Taunka, Vrykul or Iron Dwarf), giving you a massive buff to Strength/Agility, Haste, Critical Strike or Attack Power.

Eye of Unmaking / Wrath of Unchaining (Dragon Soul Deathwing) - On equip, your melee attacks grant 4 Strength / Agility for the next 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times. Most trinket will give you 21-25 primary stat, these will give you 40.

Mirror of the Blademaster (Hellfire Citadel Hellfire High Council) - Agility-only trinket. Absolutely BiS for Agility classes in TW. The summoned mirror images are stationary, but very powerful when placed in melee range of enemies, easily accounting for a very substantial part of DPS. On use, summons 4 Mirror Images to attack your target and nearby enemies for 20 seconds. (1 Min Cooldown)

Discordant Chorus (Hellfire Citadel Fel Lord Zakuun) - Strength-only trinket. On equip, your melee attacks have a chance to trigger a Fel Cleave, dealing 133 damage to all enemies in front of you (Approximately [6.00 + Haste] procs per minute).

Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid (Nighthold Skorpyron) - Strength-only trinket. On equip, your attacks have a chance to create a damaging shockwave that deals 372 Physical damage to enemies in front of you (Approximately 2 procs per minute).

Convergence of Fates (Nighthold Elisande) - On equip your attacks have a chance to reduce the remaining cooldown on one of your powerful abilities by 3 seconds. It works for Paladin’s Avenging Wrath, Shaman’s Feral Spirit, Demon Hunter’s Metamophosis and several others. The proc rate depends on the spec, but it is usually high or very high.

Spell DPS
Cunning of the Cruel (Dragon Soul several bosses) - On equip, your damage dealing spells have a 45% chance to trigger a Shadowbolt Volley, dealing 38 damage to all enemies within 10 yards of your current target (8,3-9 seconds internal cooldown). Exceptional for AoE.
Edit: After trying it, this trinket is as strong as Unblinking Gaze of Sethe. It is now one of my favorites in Timewalking.

Will of Unbinding (Dragon Soul Deathwing) - The intellect version of Eye of Unmaking and Wrath of Unchaining.

Unblinking Gaze of Sethe (Hellfire Citadel Iskar) - My personal pick, very powerful. On equip, your damaging spells have a chance to fire a beam of blacklight in the target’s direction, dealing 799 Shadow damage to all targets that it passes through. (Approximately [5.00 + Haste] procs per minute)

Prophecy of Fear (Hellfire Citadel Mannoroth) - On equip, your direct spell damage has a chance to apply Mark of Doom for 10 sec. Direct spell damage you do against the Marked target triggers an explosion for 92 Shadow damage. (Approximately 1.50 procs per minute) Good for AoE and specially Cleave, but i personally dislike the randomness of the Mark of Doom proc. Spells that hit multiple times like Arcane Missiles have great synergy, activating the Mark of Doom effect with every direct hit.

Healer
Unfortunately, there is a severe lack of indications for healing trinkets in all guides i looked. Very few of them will at least mention Darkmoon trinkets, so the best i can do is indicate some trinkets to avoid going Out of Mana and a couple of personal favorites.

Darkmoon Deck: Promises (Legion Inscription) - On equip, reduces the base mana cost of your spells by 114-456. The amount of mana reduction depends on the topmost card in the deck.
*Thanks for the tip, GĂľd.

Darkmoon Deck: Tides (Battle for Azeroth Inscription) - On equip, restores 37-301 mana whenever the deck is shuffled, and your spells have a chance to heal 1-8 allies for 1092. The amount of mana restored and the number of allies healed depends on the topmost card in the deck.

Ephemeral Paradox (Nighthold Elisande) - On equip, your healing spells have a chance to cause your next direct healing spell to restore 36 mana instead of costing mana. The proc only works on a single healing spell in each healing spec.

Etraeus’ Celestial Map (Nighthold Etraeus) - On equip, your healing spells have a chance to increase your Mastery, Haste, or Critical Strike by 92 for 8 sec (Approximately 2 procs per minute).

Dreadstone of Endless Shadows (Cathedral of Eternal Night Mephistroth) - On equip, your damaging and healing spells have a chance to increase your Mastery, Haste, or Critical Strike by 92 for 8 sec (Approximately 2 procs per minute). It can also drop from Relinquished Trinkets, sold by Thaumaturge Vashreen.

Sea Star of the Depthmother (Tomb of Sargeras Mistress Sassz’ine) - On equip, one multi-target healing spell from each spec has a chance to grant you Ocean’s Embrace, healing your nearest injured ally within 15 yds for 79 every 0.25 sec for 8 sec (8 second internal cooldown). An exceptional trinket only if you are casting Wild Growth, Essence Font, Light of Dawn, Power Word: Radiance, Prayer of Healing or Chain Heal. If you don’t cast these spells, the proc won’t activate, and this trinket will be useless.
Edit: after lvl squish, Sea Star of the Depthmother seems to have been nerfed hard. Look for one of the other options.

Highfather’s Machination (Antorus, the Burning Throne Coven of Shivarra) - On equip, your healing effects have a chance to apply a charge of Highfather’s Timekeeping for 1 min, max 5 charges. When the ally falls below 50% health, the charge is consumed to instantly heal them for 226 health per charge (10 + haste procs per minute). This trinket used to shine the best in optimal scenarios: progression raids where players would go bellow 50% HP frequently. It must still be useful in Timewalking raids and i am still looking for a socketed one.

Eonar’s Compassion (Antorus, the Burning Throne Argus) - On equip, your healing effects have a chance to grow an Emerald Blossom nearby, which heals a random injured ally for 133 every 2 sec. Lasts 12 sec (Approximately [1.2 + Haste] procs per minute). This proc makes for 3% of my healing, which i think isn’t much.
There is a second proc called Eonar’s Verdant Embrace, but it only works inside Antorus raid in conjunction with other Pantheon trinkets, so it is basically obsolete.

Heirlooms:
Touch of the Void
Orb of Voidsight

Honorable Mention:
These trinkets weren’t in any guide i have seen, but they still deserve a try.
Kil’jaeden’s Burning Wish (Legion Legendary - DPS trinket)
Velen’s Future Sight (Legion Legendary - Healing trinket)
Purified Bindings of Immerseus (SoO Immerseus - Spell DPS trinket)
Prismatic Prison of Pride (SoO Sha of Pride - Healing trinket)
Acrid Catalyst Injector (Antorus, the Burning Throne Kin’garoth) - An unique stat stick-ish trinket. It can be used by Spell DPS and also healers that can apply DoTs. I am still trying to loot a socketed version of this trinket to give it a fair try.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, GĂľd. I added your trinket choices to my latest post.
It took me hours to write all that :sweat_smile:

Or you could just record yourself and post it to Youtube…

Fury war, my set for fury and prot changes and has changed a bit, but not much.

Other videos compares trinkets for warlock, casters and warrior shields and weapons.

1 Like

Thanks to your video, Swervenprot, and a few more advices from my friend GĂľd, i searched some more about gems and decided doing a small list for Intellect users.

Meta gem - this special gem can only be equipped in a head item with a meta gem socket.
Burning Primal Diamond (Mists of Pandaria Jewelcrafting) - +6 Intellect and 3% Increased Critical Effect.
Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Cataclysm Jewelcrafting) - +6 Intellect and 3% Increased Critical Effect.

Normal gems:
Brilliant Queen’s Garnet (Cata Jewelcrafting) - +7 Intellect
Potent Ornate Topaz (Vendor Brave Stonehide in Orgrimmar Hall of Legends) - +5 Intellect and +5 Critical Strike
Reckless Fire Opal (The Burning Crusade The Steamvault several bosses) - +5 Intellect and +4 Haste
Mysterious Tanzanite (The Burning Crusade The Botanica several bosses) - +5 Intellect and +5 Versatility

Unique-equiped gems:
Nightmare Tear (Wrath of the Lich King Jewelcrafting) - +7 All Stats
Enchanted Tear (WotLK Jewelcrafting) - +5 All Stats
Enchanted Pearl (WotLK Jewelcrafting) - +3 All Stats
Kraken’s Eye of Intellect (Battle for Azeroth Jewelcrafting) - +12 Intellect
Leviathan’s Eye of Intellect (BfA Jewelcrafting) - +17 Intellect

P.S.: Saber’s Eye of Intellect (Legion Jewelcrafting) - +9 Intellect. Unfortunately, this gem scales very poorly. Currently, it gives +6 Intellect in Mists of Pandaria Timewalking. Unless Blizzard decides to launch Legion Timewalking, Brilliant Queen’s Garnet is better.

1 Like

thanks! 3more characters

I have a pretty wide TW catalogue for my warrior, which includes Protection and Fury. I have some of the best MoP Mythic stuff, but the best 1h I found was Empyrean Demolisher, thanks to the haste proc. Thunderfury works for AoE pickups.

Blademaster trinket is pretty nice, but I haven’t farmed it on my warrior. :frowning: I also haven’t spent much time in Antorus, so nothing cool out of there for me, yet.

1 Like

I want everyone who might be interested to know that Prizerock Neckband is available as a reward during this SINGLE WEEK after completing Legion’s special archaeology quest chain, starting with the quest A New Lead, in Dalaran/Broken Isles. This quest chain will disappear next week after the weekly reset, and will only return after 6 MONTHS.
It is the only necklace in game with 3 sockets and might become a possible BiS item for several specs in Timewalking during Shadowlands, after the Heart of Azeroth artifact gets its powers (essences and azerite traits) disabled, joining the list of legacy items.
The quest chain is only available this week and will only return after 6 months. Don’t miss this chance if you are interested.

The Heart of Azeroth is better. Unless you’re under 110 ilvl, use that instead.

Right now, in BfA, Heart of Azeroth is undoubtedly better. Specially because it activates the azerite traits in armor itens and because of the essences.
But, as an artifact, these special perks will be disabled when the next expansion starts. By then, it will become a stat stick, with a slightly above average amount of primary stat and a hefty amount of secondary stats, but without versatility or sockets and unenchantable.
And that also disregards future effects of ilvl squish.
Heart of Azeroth is the most powerful necklace right now and it will remain very strong in Shadowlands. But i still believe that, during the expansion, Prizerock Neckband will have its place for some specs in Timewalking, specially because gems are very powerful in timewalking scaling and it is the single neck item with 3 sockets in it.

Fair enough, but there is a very high possibility of the items being level locked similar to how Legion legendary items are. That would mean that you would still be able to use HoA in TW dungeons. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying at all, but there’s a possibility for HoA to be used in the future for TW also.

1 Like

At blizzcon 2019, blizzard stated in the Q&A that they are hoping to allow us to use the heart of azeroth (along with essences and azerite gear) outside of shadowlands content. Mainly so people can still show off their rank 4 essences, as rank 4’s are equivalent to cosemtic feat of strengths like the mage tower appearances in Legion.

We will have to wait and see if that does happen.

Q: What will become of the rank 4 essences we’ve acquired in 9.0?
A: We’re going to try something different i.e. not deplete it. As you move to the Shadowlands, your connection to the heart will be depleted. It will be functional in other areas.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296022/blizzcon-2019-world-of-warcraft-q-a-liveblog

1 Like

I have 2 Prizerock neckbands, one with 3 5 STR 4 CRIT gems and enchanted with Mark of the claw, during TBC TW, the 2ndary stats scale to 7.

The Azerite neck scales to 11 STR 17stam and 21 of each 2ndary stat. I used to use the prizerock neckband, but mark of the claw doesn’t always proc. It procs for a lot when it does, which could make it useful, but…I’ve been using the HoA neck and actually, I don’t have any sockets in it. Cause I was massively turned off by BFA like many others.

For prot, I use legion legendary neck, Prydaz, Magnum Opus for it’s socket, enchantable, absorb, and 3 2ndary stats which scale well. Plus I only have 1 azerite piece, shoulders that is 450 w/ 4 tiers for fury spec.

Old gear still kicks butt in TW and im always in top 3 for dmg as fury or prot, mostly prot being in top on aoe packs. Hard to beat fury when 35% on boss hits, Execute spam and watch the dmg climb

That said, I just use the HoA neck since I’d rather 21 stat permanently

1 Like

Thunderfury works in timewalking ?

Yes, but it’s not really an upgrade from other weapons.

After farming quite some time for Mythic+ ilvl 465 Mechagon Rings, i have to say: at least two of them are absolutely BROKEN in Timewalking.
While playing yesterday as Enhancement Shaman in WoD Timewalking, the Shorting Bit Band effect was my major source of damage, doing 20 up to 30% of my DPS.
And while playing as Restoration Shaman with Rebooting Bit Band in the current and former events, the same happened. When it procced, the effect not only would heal my group to max health instantly, but do around 50% of my healing.
Unfortunately, Overclocking Bit Band do not scale nearly as well as the others. The proc only gives extra 20 haste in WoD Timewalking event.
As long as you guys use a Logic Loop ring to make the effect trigger consistently, such as Logic Loop of Division, Logic Loop of Recursion or Logic Loop of Synergy (this last one for healers), it is very much worth it to try these rings in Timewalking.

Unfortunately, while trying them in WotLK Timewalking event, Mechagon Rings aren’t nearly as broken in Shadowlands expansion as they were back in BfA.
Still, they should remain viable for a 15-sec cooldown minor boost in DPS or Healing.

Also, very important: Legion Legendaries no longer work in Timewalking.
Damn you, Blizzard :frowning:

You also can’t change your HOA essences. So if you didn’t have a good selection before shadowlands, you’re stuck using what you had previously.

Yes you can. Just go to a rested area that is not in shadowlands and you can change them.

I went to a rest area, I went to stormwind, I went to boralus, and I went to the chamber where you queue for visions. They all did not let me switch essences because the “link to azerite was severed”. So barring a UI bug… it would not let me.