Timelocked zones issue. (With an easy fix suggestion)

So I want to make a simple thread calling out an issue, presenting a fix for it and so on so forth. (There is a TLDR)

But first I really want to compliment Blizzard here. The new 10-50 leveling is AMAZING. I have not had this much fun leveling a character in current WoW since worgen came out and I liked their zone.
The pacing is perfect, getting something new almost every level is perfect, being able to do old content like it was current is perfect… just amazing. But. . .

Here’s where I think Blizzard messed up.
See I leveled a new hunter from 1-50 recently, started her on friday finished sunday night. About a day and an hour of play time going WLK zones doing the content I enjoyed.

It was so fun and so amazing I was addicted to WoW again, and not Classic WoW but CURRENT WOW. . . Seeing people, having some WPVP, leveling through content I actually enjoyed. . . then I hit 50.
Chromie and Magni kick in telling me the world’s in danger and I have to go resolve it. I am given a one minute timer bar before being teleported out. . .

Once teleported, I can’t go back. When I do, all of the mobs are lvl 30 and there are very few players to be found period. Again it becomes a ghost of its former self.
That is the problem. Why was I teleported out? Why can’t I continue the adventure I was so in love with having it feel like current content again? I didn’t even need rewards at that point, i was so invested in the chosen expansion’s content that I wanted to keep going. Having mobs that gave a fight and players around to help or be killed by made it alive again.

It’s just all gone now. Dead. As if I had gotten to play the WoW I loved for a brief moment then poof. What bothers me most however is I know that there is a VERY easy fix for this, one that would allow this adventure to continue while requiring players to go through SL content when it releases in order to continue progression.

Here’s my suggestion.
First off, instead of teleporting the player out, give them an auto-accepted quest that gives them a one time use main city teleport spell. This will let players who want to get out of the content right there and then do so at their own choice while not forcing those who want to finish the story line to be dragged out.

Secondly keep the players in the time-altered content. Let the mobs stay with their level right up to 60 BUT… Once the player is 50 the quests and mobs in the older content areas no longer reward experience. And if they want to rush the content down say like WLK zones being lvl 30 when the player is 50, have them go to Chromie to undo the time alter.

Simple as that. I don’t think it would be hard, and it would allow people to travel the time altered content and complete more of it for fun if they so chose without feeling like they running through 1 shot mobs etc. I know the first step would be all too easy, the 2nd step of cancelling exp at 50+ might not be for the mobs, the quests should be though I would believe.

I seriously hope someone at Blizzard picks up on this and that others agree with this idea. Thanks for reading.

TLDR:
Getting ported out just because I was 50 sucked. And not seeing players there anymore sucks even more as well as content becoming low level.
Make the quest at 50 auto-accept with a one time use port spell to main city for those who want it but not forcing people out. Then allow the zones to go up to 60 BUT once you’re 50 you get no exp from quests nor mobs in the old zones.

1 Like