Timed events are getting annoying

I didn’t mind the couple maw events that were timed every hour or 2 but this new trend of having us play at certain times to get our weekly stuff done is a pain in the butt especially for those of us with alts. Got to have a wall schedule for which alts have done which events and what time I have to be available to get them done who created this system is crazy. I shouldn’t have to wait till certain time to be able to enjoy playing the events, the events should be available when I am ready to play. 3-1/2 hours is too long it should be every hour or 2 at the most and not at the same exact time as another event thats dumb. Why should the game dictate when I have to log in to be able to progress with gear and rep not everyone can be on exactly during that 5-15 min window I mean cmon crap happens irl why cant we do the events when we have the time to play !!! AHHHHHHHHHH !!!

O.K. rage subsiding. Thank you for your time.

12 Likes

What exactly are you progressing that you need to log in every 3 hours ?

probably the community feast

1 Like

Oh man thats not progress… dont you have to only finish it once a week then your done ?

dunno. I ignore it :rofl:

4 Likes

He is probably farming it for rep/gold as the flavor packets sell quite well atm

Don’t need it for the weekly this week

I got a total of 2 tasks across 3 toons in 4 visits last week when it was the reward week. I gave up bothering because every time there were literally hundreds of people there trying to get tasks.

Surely there should be a number of tasks based on the number of people in the zone. More people in the zone, more tasks handed out.

1 Like

I wont know. I gave up on WQ week 2 of the xpac :rofl: My rep w/ the DF factions are a staggering 5 or 6

1 Like

The new Primalist Storm things in the Temporal Conflux definitely seem to also be on a timer like the Siege (reasonable 1 hour) and Community Feast (less reasonable 3-4 hours?).

It does seem to be a trend, as the OP points out. Why did the Primalist Storm thing have to be on a timer that also seems unreasonably long? Why not have it spawn every hour (offset by 15-30 min from the Siege) and be loot-locked so killing bosses only drops loot once for the weekly reset? The currency could be farmable but with a weekly cap–that’s much more flexible for all players than making those that want to do this event, do it at times that Blizz specifies (or not since there’s no timer for it on Wowhead yet).

The storm thing, after you do it once for the week you get 3 of those currency afterwards so its not really worth loging in every 3 or 5 hours to do them… the soup, you do it once a week for the quest then your done

Primals are not account bound. There is also gear that drops from these events that my alts can use to catchup and get in the lfr. The events are also for rep which you need on all your alts. You can’t get more than 1 toon at a time for assaulting the keep in waking shore, you can only get about 4-5 char completion for the weekly each time it happens if you have them parked right at the cooking event, and if you want the reward for the 5 tasks complete and the end boss loot you can only do that 1 at a time. The new event is on a timer as well if you have more than 1 alt it gets to be a huge pain.

Iv been doing the new event all week last week cuz i want the mount, i have yet to see a single gear drop from there

Have you been killing the rares that spawn in the area? I got a 385 staff from one of them and pretty sure some 379 stuff dropped from trash.

As I read your post I was on the verge of a sarcastic response. But this comment is perfect! … we need everyone to end their rants with “Thanks for listening to me vent”

2 Likes

With DF released I have to suggest you find a way to move on and ignore SL like the rest of the world.

Not being rude, it’s just bringing up one of the things everyone hated about it and it’s not even current anymore…