Time to bring back talent trees

Alright hear me out. Every expansion we’re getting talent tree-like systems anyway. Each one comes with some type of gimmick because it needs to look distinct from the other expansions’. So why not just give us brand new talent trees built from scratch, and Blizz can just work with that each expansion?

Whether you like them or not, these systems are here to stay, so really it’s just a matter of whether they’re going to be borrowed power or our own power.

4 Likes

Have you seen soulbinds?

Let’s just go back to Mists classes.

No cookie cutter trees, very little borrowed power, no AP grinds.

3 Likes

Maybe they should work on fixing the dead talents. There is basically 1 in every row of every spec.

3 Likes

Legendary cloak says lawl.

Time to just revert the entire game and all of its systems to The Burning Crusade. Only two raid difficulties Normal (current Heroic) and Heroic (current Mythic). PvP vendors and resilience. 20 gem slots on BiS gear. Enchants for almost every slot. Professions that had an impact (BS got extra gem slots, LW bracer enchants, Tailoring cloak threads etc).

Just roll back 10 years of god-awful development decisions.

Edit: We can handle tertiary stats. Armor Pen, MP/5, Spell Pen, Expertise etc

4 Likes

I included it in my post. In the “very little borrowed power” part. The cloak wasn’t much, and in 5.4 was literally given to us day 1 of SoO.

You could have included the Sha-touched gem and Sha-touched Weapons in that too. At the end of the day, that stuff happened passively just clearing the raid.

It was literally needed for SoO and people lost their minds when they had to PvP to progress getting it. Not to mention you needed it for Ordo.

You can’t say ‘little’ when Legendaries are as powerful as they are.

Win two battlegrounds.

That was it.

I remember the outrage and I still can’t believe that was a legit complaint.

1 Like

I remember that. I believe you had to win 2 battlegrounds? Some people refused to upgrade their cloak just because they didn’t even want to breathe BG air.

So what, you logged on in day 1 of 5.4 and it was there.

And it was only literally needed for Ordos, not SoO.

Yeah, those 2 BG wins sure were hard :roll_eyes:

Clearly you were not on the forums when people discovered that stipulation.

Yes I was, and let me give you a sample of my posts back then :

I’d rather go back a little further to BC, WotLK or Cataclysm. I can’t stand participation trophy legendaries.

wait
in the last 10 years they figured that out??
they can balance now?
or do you mean the players - is reforging making a comeback too?

I really wish we could have kept the talent trees and had talent rows as a horizontal progression system. I really do miss hybrid specs.

I think they should keep the current talent system, scrap most of the borrowed power, and double the amount of talent tiers.

Awesome. Yes and while they are at it could they “undo” Burning Crusade’s introduction of Arena also. Maybe then players wouldn’t be trying to get into raids. Blizzard turned PVP into a top-tier raid by introducing Arenas, and eliminating world pvp little by little. We were happy with what we had but raiders ruined it by claiming PVP as their own, even though they claimed they didn’t want it.

Go play Classic wow, and stop trying to ruin the game for everyone else.

I mean, I do.

The one true answer :slight_smile:

Aren’t all legendaries participation award legendaries? There’s no “only realm first last boss kill” legendary or Gladiator of previous season legendary or anything like that. It’s all just, were you around? Here’s a bit then, keep hanging around.