Time to be a necrolord?

With the massive nerf to Divine Toll, is it time to go necrolord?

Edit: Ret paladin topic

Depends! For Holy Kyrian is probably still better for group healing, for Ret it looks like Necrolord and Kyrian are closer than they were before. Kyrian is less bursty now so I can see a lot of Rets going Necro as a burst option.

are you talking about “The extra spells from Ringing Clarity (Kyrian) now have a longer delay between hits. Additionally, area-of-effect Judgment hits from Divine Toll are no longer reduced by 25% in PvP, and Judgment triggered from Ringing Clarity is reduced by 25% in PvP.” ?

cause thats the only real change I see to Divine toll, and its only affecting PvP and is technically a AoE damage increase for PvP.

Cov list should still be Kyrian > Venythr > Necro > Night Fae, with only Ret perhaps liking Necro for #2 instead.

Keep in mind that the change to RC isn’t as much of a nerf as it seems. The delayed judgments actually make it possible to get more than one empowered TV during the burst window, which compensates for some of the lost damage.

Try it on the PTR and see how it feels.

2 Likes

Thats fair, my concern is with any sort of distance between the target making you unable to use DT to its fullest potential. I’ve seen a lot of great things with necrolord and the +1 HP generation and burst.

The additional survivability doesn’t hurt either. Would make rogue/mage comps more bearable in pvp.

We will definitely see Final Verdict appearing more as a response to those distance issues.

Additional survival with Fleshcraft buff? 40% pre-loaded bubble vs 20% on demand w/bleed removal.

Still think Kyrian wins out on survival…I think…

Something that occured to me…unless it ends up getting nerfed…paladin will be able to trigger the Emeni buff every 30 seconds. I don’t know how much it matters but that’s still pretty neat.

Yes, however there’s a question as to whether or not it will overshadow Pelagos

There is no massive nerf to divine toll. Kyrian will still be bis

Also Kyrian > night Fae > necrolord > venthyr

2 Likes

This exactly. Lvladen did a good video on the changes and even compared Necrolord. It still doesn’t compete. Kyrian is still BIS and if anything this slowed DT means you can pump a TV in it too.

1 Like

Nah it’s time to play a class that needs a f-n brain to play.

I’ve always liked vanq hammer (have an alt ret who is Necro). Liked it during beta when it generated HoPo, obv that is back.

However the conduit nerf it received kinda sucks :sob:.

Additionally can this salty warrior stop being funny.

When did they nerf the conduit for Vanquisher’s Hammer?

A while ago last week of beta iirc like with a lot of ret nerfs.

1 Like

You better ditch your warrior then

THIS is the definition of a rich comment.