Time skip for Lor'themar and Thalyssra *spoiler*

I think when it comes down to Timeskips atleast in canon it’s ether confessing in terms of TRP or just overall lore in general. Plus we don’t know what happens to the other races besides the main ones like Void Elves, Gnomes, and etc as far as lesser races. Plus I wonder if the Alliance ever gotten back parts of lost towns and lands again like Theramore, Hillsbard, and etc?

My only problem with the time skip is I want a more definitive number than “several” so I know how old Hal’s orcish son is.

Another character is currently pregnant also, and due around Christmas if we don’t speed things along. So I need to know how old that child is so I can decide whether she can return to active duty.

Hi, was just reading through this thread and I was wondering what you were referring to with this? Just aging, or something else?

The Time Skip in Azeroth.

A timeskip will become completely non-consequential a few months after the expansion drops.

I suggest preparing a small statement in whatever OOC portion your RP profile has, about how you would like others to approach you post-timeskip.

2 Likes

The time skip is a complete non-issue for me.

Every Xpac ever has had some form of the greater or lesser time skip.

Personally speaking, I quit WoW entirely from 2011 through 2017. When I did return I just wrote in my profile a rough backstory explaining my Paladins absence for those years, He was on Pilgrimage. Gradually as I rekindled with old friends & made new ones, I’d add in these players to flesh out the meat & potatoes of my character’s backstory absence.

As for the more extremist Roleplayers who are dependent on Group RP and thus must explain what their characters have been doing; Your friend group/guild can organize an event that’s roughly a Flashback to the 7 years’ time skip and fill in that gap gradually with a group/guild campaign.

TLDR: I think worrying about worrying over the Timeskip is nonsensical. As Roleplayers we have the liberty to write whatever tale we want regardless of any Time Constrained.

2 Likes

It alleviates it, yes. An entire new generation can’t be born, but soldiers can come of age, supplies can recover etc. Obviously it’s not perfect but I prefer a some time skip rather than no time skip.

2 Likes

im willing to bet the wedding is going to be in a flashback cutscene

“oh no i lost my beloved’s ring! You must retrieve it!”
Pick it up, cue cutscene, your character is there in a tux. everyone else in elfy stuff, you get a tux

In a blue post they said FIVE years has passed since the start of SL, and TWO of those years were spent in the SL if a character went. So if you didn’t go to the SL, then a full five years has passed.

I do believe there will be some stuff added, a sequence with the wedding. Probably some changes with the pre-patch, and from what was said, probably changes with patch updates like they did with the Forsaken, maybe before DF launch? Maybe after?

1 Like

Is it 5 years? Because Mathias says in-game that it’s 7 years since Shadowlands.

1 Like

Where’s the leaked honeymoon scry?

He says “several”, which means a rough estimate number from about 4-8.

2 Likes