Tier set bonuses

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dragonflight-season-1-class-sets/1354609

You can browse your S1 tier sets in that thread for reference.

I like tier sets being fun and engaging ways to change how a spec performs. Kind of disheartened to see some of the bonuses be something like 4% more damage here, or -5% less damage taken. What class I end up playing for a main will be influenced by how cool the tier gear looks and how awesome the bonus is.

I’m looking at the prot paladin tier set and it’s 4% versatility and a small increase to parry chance lol. And the versatility portion is in a 4 second timer. I can’t believe that’s what they came up with for a tier set

Tier being some 15-30%+ performance increase isn’t ideal.

These more modest bonuses, especially in the first tier, are a decent starting place, I think.

2 Likes

They intentionally made the first tier boring.

Combined with the massive changes to the talent system, and not wanting any specific talent to feel “forced”, they mostly went with the more dull bonuses. Let people get their feet wet, try out different builds. Not feel forced to take specific deep talents. Then go from there.

That being said. Enhance is just absolutely horrible.

2 Likes

Pretty much 10% more damage on lava lash and the second effect is completely RNG lol. I’m trying to find one class that has a good tier set

Ironically, the 4pc fury bonus requires sudden death.

I’d take a stat bonus for a few seconds over the 4 piece atm. Its absolutely horrible. CDR reduction is not what enhance needs. Especially when the abilities that can be CDR’ed have constant resets already, or are rarely used.

Well they’ve never been consistent.

1 Like

I think the shadowpriest tier set bonus is the best I’ve seen. I think in PvP it’ll be crucial for then to have it. Mage ones aren’t too bad.

• Fury * (4) Set Bonus: Sudden Death’s chance to reset the cooldown of Execute and make it usable on any target, regardless of health, is greatly increased.

To be fair, with how talents are now, all those set bonuses force you to pick certain talents, since baseline rotational abilities are talents now.

When wording says “crit increase by 10%” is that additive or multiplicative?
Say I already have 10% crit, is the proc total 11% or 20%?

20% total crit chance not 10% of your current crit

1 Like

Sepulcher was the last tier (at least, technically, with season 4 in mind), so it makes sense that they were uber powerful.

On that note, the enhancement set bonus sucks. Hope they change that.

Warlock, on the other hand, look to have the best ones overall.

Warlocks had the best ones in SL too. I was thinking of playing brewmaster or prot paladin and both tier set bonuses look boring