Tier set bonuses (SPOILERS)

That’s only if you play talent tip of the spear. Mongoose is all about hit as many times as possible while having 5 stacks of Mongoose furry .

If you only press MB and nothing else, you can’t take advantage of Shrapnel Bomb working with MB, KC resets from Pheromone Bomb, or interplay between Serpent Sting and Volatile Bomb (although we may not even take SS in DF). The way SV’s abilities play off each other is its greatest rotational strength. MB might just need to be nerfed some and the other abilities buffed.

I don’t get it. Actually I don’t get what you don’t understand. Using mongoose bite without 5 stacks is pointless, you get more damage out of top of the spear talent.

While SV hunter has bombs and many abilities have interplay with each other, mongoose bite works around mongoose fury stacks. They don’t need to nerf mongoose bite, they need either

• rework the stacks. Give it 5 second duration but, any new stacks refreshes the duration or
  • give mongoose bite a CD and other abilities chance to reset the CD of mongoose

Like this sharpenel bleed deals bare minimum damage , like bare minimum. When you have 5 stacks of furry you are trying to squeeze as many mongoose hits as possible. That one second GCD you’re using to use bombs , you could hit for 30-40K

Does TotS still interact with MF on beta/ptr?

After two builds without mention of Hunters, I decided to log into PTR and see if anything had changed that wasn’t noted. What I found is exactly what I was worried about in my comment above.

Last week, I could do full rotation on three different builds without ever running out of Focus. Today, all three specs are struggling to maintain Focus at all. I’m literally waiting after every GCD to generate enough Focus to cast something. Clearly they’re adjusting Focus regeneration to make the 4pc worthwhile, but destroying the spec in the process.

For additional context…

• Target Dummy DPS on Live: 16-17k
  • PTR DPS with Dire Beast Build: 9-10k
  • PTR DPS with Brutal Companion Build: 14-15k
  • PTR DPS with Wild Call Build: 13-14k

Unless a lot more balancing comes soon, pre-patch is looking like a bad time for BM Hunters.

2 Likes

Thx for update Cognition.

I’m gonna be honest, idk what you’re doing on PTR, but those numbers are completely off.

Dummy for 3 min (no buffs,consumables,etc) - 17k (on live)
Dummy for 3 min (no buffs,consumables,etc) - 22.2k (on ptr) while messing up rotation due to not having WAs set up.

Furthermore i can prob get a bit more dmg if i try to actually optimize the build @ lvl 60 with the non full talent points.

Your numbers are closer to what I was getting before last week’s update. Then the update hit and Focus regen was crazy slow for some reason. Someone suggested it was a bugged talent, but I haven’t tested since then.

New build on the PTR, notes says they have adjusted BM dire Beast, and barb shot, but that is it.

Some of the bugs have been fixed that were there for testing.

It’s also release candidate, so it looks like getting the obvious issues fixed isn’t going to happen.

• At 35 nodes, BM has the fewest talent options in the game - tied with Affliction Lock.
  • Several nodes are still locked below spec changing abilities. IE; Cobra Sting below Animal Companion and In For The Kill below AC and Dire Beast.
  • Master Handler is on the opposite side of the tree to the Dire Beast path.
  • Still the hardest spec to get two capstone talents without avoiding needed talents elsewhere.
  • 400% to Dire Beast is still too low to make that path competitive.
  • And of course… Still no word on Pet AI issues. Can we please just have blink strike back?

Not sure why it’s “an issue”

gonna assume that in for the kill is actually hunter’s prey, and don’t see why it’s location is an issue, nor how dire beast is “spec changing” (even AC is barely spec changing)

Not really ? Unless you mean at lvl 60. At lvl 70 it was very easy to have central and right capstones.

That’s a tuning not design issue.

You don’t think lack of choice is an issue?

They changed the name. Whatever. Dire Beast changes the rotation of the spec with its low cooldown. That is spec changing. Animal Companion is more spec changing in the way it affects talents like Brutal Companion.

At level 70, the only way to get two capstone talents with BM is to skip important talents higher in the tree. This is partly caused by the high number of 2 and 3 point nodes, but also due to the paths between synergistic talents not being well designed and the capstone talents not being that good.

There are also only two specs left that have 3pt nodes - BM Hunter and Assassination Rogue. BM has 13 total multi-point nodes. Assassination has 9.

Is it possible to get two capstones? Of course, but I didn’t say it wasn’t impossible. I said “Still the hardest spec to get two capstone talents without avoiding needed talents elsewhere.”

Still an issue when the latest patch was marked as a release candidate.

Idk if having + 1 button every 20ish sec is “changing rotation”

The build almost everyone used in beta testing has both capstones and doesn’t skip any “important” talents higher in the tree.

It’s legit changing the rotation. Whether you think so or not is irrelevant.

The build I saw the most from the highest parsing BM Hunters on Beta only includes one capstone, so if you’re going to make that claim you need to back it up. Got some parses?

Or are one of those people that just trolls the forums on an alt to tell everyone they’re wrong?

Me and azor :
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2LqgNcpJXvB4M31Y#fight=19&type=damage-done&source=20
on aoe

and on st :
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CFMXdTkDyWYn6Rwc#type=damage-done&fight=28

does that work for you ? Do show your logs tho

Logs of two people is hardly “almost everyone”. If you’re going to make a claim like that, you need to back it up.

I mean, go ahead, link me your logs that you’ve looked at which show ppl not using double capstones.

You made the claim first. Your claim is also more encompassing, by saying “almost everyone”. That’s a pretty broad claim to make, so I’m assuming you’re just exaggerating. All I said is that the build I saw most only used one capstone, which is a valid claim to make.

I don’t really care about logs. I just want you to admit you’re making exaggerated claims to support your argument.

Correction.
Most of the good players went double capstones, because it was by far the highest output build. If someone didn’t that’s up to them.

So which secret 1 capstone build did you see most ?