Three Ranks of Infusions? Can we get another crafting blog?

Thanks for clarifying!
Would the team also happen to be ready to share information about epic crafted gear and the Creation Catalyst? It’s not immediately clear that crafted gear would not be part of that system due to how tightly the supply of said gear is controlled.

Maybe slightly off topic, but do we know if crafting orders can be done cross faction? Like if I’m Alliance, can I fill an order from a Horde player?

I don’t think you’re quite seeing the difference this makes. Creating 3-5 characters for split runs will still happen. It has been a thing for quite some time now and will probably stay. Running m+ for gear will still happen, most likely running pvp as well. This isn’t just “oh add a few more hours on top of those things.” It’s literally creating 120-150 new characters in order to grind mats, rares, and profs for weeks to ensure that the gear is obtainable. This is a larger grind than anything before. Blizzard has said they don’t want something like Sepulcher to happen again, and this will end up being far worse. It literally adds thousands of hours of play time during the first few weeks. And the fix for it is so small and simple. It’s literally push it 7-10 days. Basically, instead of being available during Mythic week, just make it available at the end of Mythic week 2.

The game should not be changing because of the race, sorry to say.

You guys doing degenerate crap is not our problem.

13 Likes

Could you clarify how much better crafted gear can be than M+ loot?

It really won’t. It will be people playing the game, doing the economy stuff, and if you don’t have those guys in-house, you will pay several million gold to get some crafts done for your boys. It’s actually not a big deal if you have an infinite gold supply. It really, really isn’t. If you don’t want to refine the mats, skill up, etc, someone will do it for you guys and then charge you out the nose for you to do it the first week. And that’s fine. That’s completely fine. That’s what we as players want in an MMO, that feeling that there is a functioning economy where these things actually matter to the game. We want WoW to feel like a game where you’re for playing the game, not some cringe split simulator where you’re praying to looted an item from heroic rygelon so you can split a normal shoulder.

You not liking this is exactly, in a sense, how it should work. Taking some of that economic power away from the top guilds and and giving it back to the players in a manner more similar to Classic where crafting and server economy matters.

We don’t know anything about m+ loot currently. If nothing changes with M+ loot, then the best crafted gear will be equal to M15 vault loot in terms of raw ilvl (but embellished gear will exist, so just about everyone will want crafted gear).

5 Likes

This my fear. They just need to give better gear for +18 or +20 and so on.

Getting the same ilevel from crafting as +25 key in the vault is a bit ridiculous.

The Concentrated Primal Focus only comes from taking down some number of Mythic Raid Bosses, timing high keys (high being an unknown value), and high-rated PvP.

But yes, I would love way, way more details on M+. We really know almost nothing other than that we are once again getting a Keystone Hero seasonal achievement on top of the other three ranks of the seasonal achievement.

My expectation, and I could be wrong, but my expectation is that we will get more details next week, once they only Valdrakken up for M+ testing next week.

3 Likes

Thanks for filling in some details there. :grinning:

So - basically, like previous expansions - by the time you can make gear with professions, you won’t need them.

DOA again ?

1 Like

… where are you reading that?

Professions can craft some items with BIS properties. The Darkmoon decks, with their current scaling, are cracked as heck. Embellished items can have some hugely beneficial properties and I would bet almost all M+ players are running the “fresh CDs on a boss kill” embellished item.

You can deterministically target slots you’re missing and craft them with the stats you prefer.

What’s DOA? Crafting will be a major staple of player progression. It just won’t be your sole source of gear progression or replace gear progression, it supplements it.

I won’t be able to craft any decent gear (because I can’t use other’s mats), so by the time my tailoring etc are at sufficient level to make the gear - I won’t need the gear.

That’s the same issue previous expansions have had … in 4 expansions I’ve crafted ONE item TOTAL that was useful for my use.

If you don’t raid Mythic but do raid Heroic, Heroic ilvl gear will be good for you. If you do raid Mythic, Mythic ilvl gear will be good for you.

What are you talking about? If you mean you don’t do anything raids at all, any M+ at all, or any PvP at all… yes you won’t be able to craft great gear. But at that point, you don’t even really play the game. By the way, I believe you will still be able to craft normal ilvl raid gear, unless things have changed. Which if you don’t raid heroic or mythic or do any keys or do any PvP should be an upgrade over your LFR+7 ilvl gear from last 2 bosses of LFR or the open world.

I don’t raid - that isn’t an available option for me, hopefully (If people are generous) I might get an M+ or two a week.

OF course I play the game - as much as I’m allowed to by other’s decisions.

My point is that I’ll never be able to make crafted gear that is useful, not that I want crafted gear to be mythic level.

For once I’d like to make some gear I’ll actually use.

1 Like

We want professions to be a valuable source of gearing for everyone. With that in mind:

Primal Chaos will be available from a variety of max level outdoor activities as well as through raiding/m+/pvp, so even if you don’t do those things, you can still get it from heroic or mythic dungeons, various world quests, the world boss, rare creatures in the world, and more. It will take longer to earn primal chaos outdoors than say, clearing a normal raid will, but end game profession gear is meant to be valuable and achievable by everyone.

All you’ll need to do for a piece of epic crafted gear is earn enough Primal Chaos, acquire a Spark of Ingenuity (via a max level questline), and then either send a Crafting Order to an experienced crafter, or craft the item yourself. The regular crafting reagents can also either be gathered yourself, purchased on the AH and included in the order, or the crafter can provide them for you if you compensate them through your commission.

The current item level of base epic profession gear starts slightly lower than the Normal Raid tier at the lowest quality, and at the highest quality is slightly higher than starting bosses. This should make it some of the best item level gear achievable outdoors, and a meaningful part of your gearing journey no matter how you play.

8 Likes

If it’s available from M+, should it be a higher iLvl to compete with the great vault items?

We don’t know what ilvl great vault will be or really anything about m+ looting.

I will wait until Blizzard releases their blog/post about M+ rewards before making a judgment. Their recent raid rewards blog through a lot of what is in this post out of whack already and so we will need to see the state of M+ to assess how this relates to the overall reward schema of the expansion.

In taking lessons from shadowlands people will not be prepared to pay for crafted gear that is not BIS or close to. If the ‘best’ crafted gear is only equivalent to drops from mid range normal raid bosses you would be better off scrapping the entire crafting order system and rebaselining the profession level up path as there will be little to no demand for crafted epics, especially given the volume of mats that need to be obtained to produce them. Without demand most crafting professions will cap out at about 70 as things stand. Spamming low to mid range keys will be a far quicker and cheaper means of gearing.

Two things:

A) Embellishments exist. The blood proc helm does like 10-12% of tank DPS on beta. Probably going to get nerfed, but that’s a LOT of damage. Embellished gear will be crafted by people.

B) That’s only the base ilvl. You can raise the ilvl by either doing heroic raid/medium keys/medium pvp to craft “heroic ilvl” or raise the ilvl by doing mythic raid/high keys/high pvp to craft “mythic ilvl”. The base ilvl gear can be recrafted to a higher ilvl once you’ve obtained the focus to raise the ilvl.

The issue as you have pointed out previously is there is still no certainty relating to how close the boosts will get the gear to drops that can be obtained from the primary content.

We’re very late into the beta and still haven’t even had a chance to look at the crafting order system and it does not appear that any feedback has been sought or acted upon with regards to the outliers in terms of embellished effects. I fear the current state going in to live, investing significant points into making one or more of the better embellished items and then having a nerf wave hit it such that that point investment is utterly wasted, especially if the base item level of a ‘max’ item is not competitive.