Threads of fate and flying

Hi,

I left the game a while ago leaving a couple of level 60s who were only just into the campaign story (at about renown 8 or so).

Ive come back to play, but decided on a different class and faction, so I leveled via Threads of Fate (now renown 23ish) to 60, but im worried I wont get the flying quest lines or chance because they are locked behind the campaign on my other characters and faction. Where I dont really feel like doing stuff.

Am I going to be able to unlock flying on the Threads of Fate path on this newly levelled alt?

Anyone got any REAL experience with this? Id prefer NOT re-level a character/class again …

Help would be welcome.

Cheers

I could be wrong but I think you need to unlock flying via the campaign questline on one character, which (iirc) is an account-wide unlock.

its definetly account-wide. My fear of course is that now I need to complete the work on my other characters not on the one Im invested in … its been 1 year for me so the unlock via campaign COULD be a huge drain …

Dammit.

Apologies. Replied on Wrong character.

You said you had a couple of 60’s? Why not complete a campaign on one of those? If you are leveling via threads you can’t work on your campaign until max level anyhow. It would be more efficient just to use an existing max level character to get flying, then chill out flying around on your new toon.

Thanks Pello.

This is exactly what I have done. Nearly there. Just takes a little time.

For future visitors here, you CAN NOT get flying via the Threads Path. You must do it via the campaign at least on one character. So use the online resources to track your progress. Then shift over.

Also threads isnt quicker. Way faster on the campaign and its guided as well.

1 Like

I was sort of wondering about how different it would be to do the campaign again vs the threads of fate experience wise. It certainly feels like a long time to hit maximum level via the world quests or dungeon grinding instead this go around.

I’m not entirely sure of the maths but personally I am levelling all my toons (one of each class) from 50 to 60 via the standard way like I do every expansion.

I assume there must be some benefit to threads of fate though because why else would they bring it into the game?

Shadowlands is worthless, just level 50-60 in timewalking dungeons during timewalking weeks. It’s basically a level a dungeon till 55 then a level every 2 dungeons till 59 which is three dungeons to level.

Vs garbage dump 500 exp per quest in bastion as a 51. Utterly worthless.