Threads about Cloning

Could you please, please get someone with authority to post in one of the Classic Era threads about cloning coming back and tell them once and for all the data is gone and cloning is not coming back.

They just ignore verything posted so far in Blogs and the news and say the natural progression was Classic 2019 to Classic Era not Classic 2019 => TBC => Wrath.

They are spreading so much false hope to others.

Thank you.

Blizzards own words say the Classic Era cloned characters data was “permanently deleted”, so I doubt it will be back.

I mean, players are welcome to put forward the suggestion or request that it be made available again…but the Blog post is crystal clear that, and I quote;

The Classic Era version of the character will be permanently deleted and unavailable for cloning.

That’s pretty clear-cut. I’m not too sure how a blue posting something that a developer has already confirmed (that’s where those blog posts get their info from), would make it any more official.

4 Likes

Most of them just ignore it when one of us say it and link to it, so coming in blue text it might have more impact. Most of the threads there are about Cloning.

They think that the data is not gone, that Blizzard is lying and their characters are gone forever, which contradicts itself, even though we tell them they are in Wrath multiple times.

They also seem to think the natural progression was Classic 2019 to Classic Era, not to TBC then Wrath.

I would also prefer if it wasn’t diplomatically or politely said but stated in no uncertain terms.

There are no devs or GMs here and moderators don’t post, so there’s nothing any one of us can do. This is a peer to peer help desk. You can report spam threads and you can quote the linked post, but there’s not much else we can help with.

5 Likes

In my experience Dottie – no use. People will:

• Tell the Blizzard staff members they are lying.
  • Insist the Blizzard representatives are stupid, go get a dev.
  • Demand a dev go reconstruct or build a tool to get the data back.
  • Throw tantrums threatening to take their money elsewhere.

And then?

• Visit with 404 different, unrelated issues and yell about how they haven’t been fixed yet.

These people who ignore Blizzard’s official communications will be happy to ignore Blizzard’s forum communications.

6 Likes

I’m not sure about GM and Devs but the Community people do, it’s the only part of the forum they seem to post in.

Amaelalin, that’s exactly what they do at the moment when we post the links saying it’s gone forever.

The Support Forum Agents here do not clarify developer notes in other forums. They are here to assist us in this help desk.

You can report the spam threads and put them on mute if you’d like. People are going to believe what they want. You can’t change that. Just ignore them and move forward.

6 Likes

Or Blizzard could look at this as a red flag situation that they should be concerned about. It looks like the issue isn’t going away.

The issue isn’t that people won’t stop posting threads. The issue is that people want to keep playing wow games, but they don’t want to spend hundreds of hours replacing the characters they invested so much time in.

What would you have happen? Do you want all of those players to unsub? Would you spend hundreds of hours leveling up new characters to replace those you weren’t aware were going to be permanently deleted, apparently for the purpose of forcing you to spend those hundreds of hours to replace them?

This is the wrong forum for feedback suggestions or converstionclassic general is better since the op got a answer.

6 Likes

It doesn’t look to me like OP had their complaint addressed in any way. How is it you would like to see the issue of people continuing to post on that topic resolved?

Folks can report the threads as spam and move on. Nothing can be done about it here, let alone when the devs clearly stated that any and all form of the cloning tool isn’t coming back.

5 Likes

Maybe Blizzard doing their job and consolidating the posts or locking all but one and warning people not to make more.

I would hope, but I don’t think it’s going to happen, that Blizzard post there and say the data is gone and the service is not coming back.

That is their choice, they just need to face the reality that they will never get those characters on Era.

I cloned when it was cheap. The characters are not deleted, they are just on the Wrath realms, they were progressed like back in 2007-8 if people didn’t choose.

I never got an answer from Blizzard.

I thought I addressed that in the first post?

Been there, done that, no action taken.

Your not garunteed a blue response this is a player to player support with blue moderation.magirity of the information given. Is correct.

5 Likes

Along with what Darth said, the blues here ain’t here to post wherever someone wants because they post here. You’ve already seen folks ignore things provided by other people, a blue post won’t magically make things change.

People are stubborn; they’ll keep at that bone regardless of what anyone say.

5 Likes

If the Community Management and Game Developers feel that such a post, outside of what is already listed in the blog, is necessary they will do so. As you note though, some folks refuse to acknowledge the information available so I’m not sure how a new post would help there.

It should also be noted, players are still very much allowed to provide feedback/suggestions on our game and services if they wish. Even on a service that has been retired permanently.

We don’t tend to consolidate threads in that way unless that is what the majority of threads is about and is otherwise hindering discussions outside of that subject. That doesn’t appear to be happening.

What you seem to have is one or more people commenting in several related threads of various age. That isn’t necessarily against policy, but if done often enough may be considered spam.

10 Likes