Thread of fate is soon to be deactivated

You people better have finished the stuff before they (blizzard) Deactivate threads of fate system. And also you don’t want to find out what will happen.

1 Like

Huh? Of course it’s going away. Shadowlands is being put into Chromie time, you won’t need it to level from 50-60 anymore. What’s your point? If you’re currently in timewalking then you can just pick a expansion to finish leveling.

9 Likes

Why would anyone care about Threads of Fate when Chromie Time is being extended to 60 at the same time anyway?

15 Likes

It’s just no longer being offered as an option for new characters arriving in the Shadowlands.

Characters currently in threads of fate will still be in threads of fate.

3 Likes

Except that nothing is going to happen to players who are currently in threads of fate, just nobody new will be able to start it.

3 Likes

If ToF is already enabled on a character, it doesn’t go anywhere. Please learn to read all of the details.

4 Likes

What I am saying is that they’ll be stuck in the system and no way out of it. What happens if something happens and there wasn’t any back door to get out of it?

You mean the way it currently is right now?

1 Like

You can’t leave ToF now. There’s zero difference.

1 Like

Yes, and what if whenever it gets disabled and those of whom are still in the system and the end result will be that they’ll be stuck in there with no way out and what if it will cost issues or problems what then?

If we are going to get technical, they are adding the way out of threads, which is to say “screw this, going back to legion”.

6 Likes

In other words, you’re just trying to cause trouble. Got it.

I just meant what you meant: being in ToF means you can’t swap bsck to SL story mode.

8 Likes

That’s been a feature of threads since day 1. This is not new. It only flags shadowlands quests as completed, so you are free to swap your timeline and go back to Legion questing to level, even if you’re in threads.

7 Likes

What are you talking about? ToF doesn’t have any big implication besides skipping campaing…you can level up via full dungeos or Torghast. It shouldn’t cause any issue and there’s not a way out of it.

5 Likes

What I am trying to say is that whenever threads of fate gets disabled and I am asking what will happen to those who are currently in that system will they be transferred out of it and be placed back on to the campaign or what? If they are stuck inside the system with no backdoor out of it then their toon will be stuck in there.

Because coming in November 15 or launch of dragonflight Threads of fate is shutting down.

Just check Kraken Latte video, Using ToF right now its the best option, once it’s removed there’s not any issue, you character will have to unlock covenants via SL campaing, any current ToF character can level up by any means to 60.

Besides that, I checked on Beta

https://scontent.fsyq2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/313221992_679833566702814_8961473615494827181_n.png?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=iZv2jii5u88AX-8AfvD&tn=ao2mXs6cY0AG9d7P&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyq2-1.fna&oh=03_AdQjX3iXANwKUzuK-wcyZZ3vRJjTdjIpH9nRPkvgX7jg3A&oe=6383156C

I can pick any other timeline with Chromie and level up

https://scontent.fsyq2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/312709572_1309148663159310_5532523042391888810_n.png?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=p0Z6xmOvNhsAX97nli4&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyq2-1.fna&oh=03_AdTE-8gJ7eCrMAw_H2Rxn8Mcw0QQUgBMC9AgzF8NhveIHQ&oe=63809325

There’s not anything to worry about ToF

4 Likes

I feel like the OP is confusing how threads of fate works (just completing/unlocking a few things) for how Chromie time works (a separate phase of the world with level scaling).

I can think of one or two corner cases where a bug could theoretically hide, but I don’t think they’re worth fretting about.

4 Likes

Uh yeah it’s always been like that. Only with the Chromie time update you do have a way out. Are you so over SL you can’t bear it anymore? Leave maldraxxus akd go talk to Chromie and do legion till 60. Voila. This is good not bad news